Week 3: Bengals @ Steelers

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, membengal said:

This is BAD. That's a BAD thing.

Yeah, not ideal. That said I would like to know how many of those runs were called and how many were ones that Joe audibled into at the line.

And while we're on the subject, is it just me or is Mixon going down easier than he used to? 

Where is Chris Evans? Not so he can block but so he can be a release valve to dump off to with the pass rush. Why do coaches refuse to play talent? And why do we have all of these "stud" receivers if we don't pass the ball? Which begs the question of if you don't have time to throw the ball why do you allow your offensive line to continue to be shit?

FFS, watching this team try and rebuild since 2015 is like watching an aircraft carrier pull a U turn.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Where is Chris Evans? Not so he can block but so he can be a release valve to dump off to with the pass rush. Why do coaches refuse to play talent? And why do we have all of these "stud" receivers if we don't pass the ball? Which begs the question of if you don't have time to throw the ball why do you allow your offensive line to continue to be shit?

FFS, watching this team try and rebuild since 2015 is like watching an aircraft carrier pull a U turn.

The answer to your question.

QB on his 2nd game on repaired knee has dropped back 57 times and been sacked 9.

Its a horrific stat for those assigned to protect Burrow. 

Evans nailed a reception to set up a FG.  Hopefully see more of him, BUT… they turned the ball over 4 times in row after that play. 

Hard to do when you give the ball away. 

Running the ball is leading to him being hit -because they are running it so predictably. 

How times has he been sacked handing the ball off?  

Film break down is is disputing your thesis.  Through two weeks apparently Hopkins, TEs,RBs, and Xavier are missing blocks that are leading to the hits. 

15 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

How times has he been sacked handing the ball off?  

Film break down is is disputing your thesis.  Through two weeks apparently Hopkins, TEs,RBs, and Xavier are missing blocks that are leading to the hits. 

Yes, if they run the ball 100% of the time, he won't be sacked. We also won't score. That's some brilliant fucking posting.

When you depend on 3 cast-off talents as starting interior lineman, you get cast-off results I guess, an injured Qb, and a RB averaging 3.4 ypc (or whatever it currently is).  

It's like a broken record: Owner that doesn't want to pay for interior lineman because he doesn't value them, but almost every other team finds a way to.

On pace to give-up 85 sacks this year. Do they really think Burrow is going to thrive and survive under those conditions for a 2nd year in a row?

What we're seeing is almost no different than last year so far, even with some improved OT play (Williams wasn't very good yesterday though, but he isn't the problem yet).

If Burrow is getting hit 9, 10 times a game again next week, and sacked 4-5 times, then they are going to have real problems this season.  I don't know how they fix that, they don't have the talent, and didn't bother to find any.

Yes, if they run the ball 100% of the time, he won't be sacked. We also won't score. That's some brilliant fucking posting.

I have no idea what you are talking about running 100%.  The reason Burrow is getting sacked is the failure of blocking while executing pass plays.  

It seems to me you are demanding more of that.  

The Bengals scored on every drive in the 2nd half in which they didn't turn the ball over.   Somehow you are making this about play selection.  Dumb.

53 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

When you depend on 3 cast-off talents as starting interior lineman, you get cast-off results I guess, an injured Qb, and a RB averaging 3.4 ypc (or whatever it currently is).  

It's like a broken record: Owner that doesn't want to pay for interior lineman because he doesn't value them, but almost every other team finds a way to.

On pace to give-up 85 sacks this year. Do they really think Burrow is going to thrive and survive under those conditions for a 2nd year in a row?

What we're seeing is almost no different than last year so far, even with some improved OT play (Williams wasn't very good yesterday though, but he isn't the problem yet).

If Burrow is getting hit 9, 10 times a game again next week, and sacked 4-5 times, then they are going to have real problems this season.  I don't know how they fix that, they don't have the talent, and didn't bother to find any.

Mem is suggesting that if we mix up play selection the avoidance of paying guards and cutting Gio would not be a problem.

Meanwhile people that watch film without bias can see pass blocking failures. 

The Bengals saved cap money to sign Bates.  Hasn't happened and now the plans of better protection is proving to be failures.

Has to be Zac Taylor, right? 

Bengals are averaging an average 3.9 per rush. 

Found out when I attended the game last week that Gio is now in Tampa.
Not sure how the Bengals let one of the best blocking RB's in the league leave, considering Burrow needing additional blocking, but ok.
Can't tell you much about the Evans kid from Michigan, but Perine sucks balls.  That dude has looked clueless through the first 2 weeks.
How do they save money in Gio not being here and it not translate to a Bates extension?  Why am I even asking that question? Sad...

Steelers? On the road? Why would any Bengals fan really believe this is going to be a win?  I mean I will root for that to be the case, but c'mon.
Zac Taylor has won how many road games during his tenure?  2? 3?  EDIT: Holy shit, I looked it up.  1 ??  Is that right ??  1 ??
Can we just move on please? I don't want to bash anymore.  Lets just be a pro team and move on.  There's no justifying that fact.
7 wins in 34 games is bad, but when considering only 1 of those wins came on the road, it's almost comical.

I also looked more at the o-line this year.  I like the Riley Reiff pick up, but that interior o-line is a recipe for another Burrow knee explosion.
How do they draft an OT in the 2nd round and he's worse than ANY of the guys currently starting?  I am seriously asking.  I have no idea.
Is he a bust? Injured? Transition too hard? Coaches doghouse? I mean, we start Xavier Su'a Filo, right?  Never was, never will be.

Anyway, this is another loss in my estimation...

7 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Found out when I attended the game last week that Gio is now in Tampa.
Not sure how the Bengals let one of the best blocking RB's in the league leave, considering Burrow needing additional blocking, but ok.
Can't tell you much about the Evans kid from Michigan, but Perine sucks balls.  That dude has looked clueless through the first 2 weeks.
How do they save money in Gio not being here and it not translate to a Bates extension?  Why am I even asking that question? Sad...

Steelers? On the road? Why would any Bengals fan really believe this is going to be a win?  I mean I will root for that to be the case, but c'mon.
Zac Taylor has won how many road games during his tenure?  2? 3?  EDIT: Holy shit, I looked it up.  1 ??  Is that right ??  1 ??
Can we just move on please? I don't want to bash anymore.  Lets just be a pro team and move on.  There's no justifying that fact.
7 wins in 34 games is bad, but when considering only 1 of those wins came on the road, it's almost comical.

I also looked more at the o-line this year.  I like the Riley Reiff pick up, but that interior o-line is a recipe for another Burrow knee explosion.
How do they draft an OT in the 2nd round and he's worse than ANY of the guys currently starting?  I am seriously asking.  I have no idea.
Is he a bust? Injured? Transition too hard? Coaches doghouse? I mean, we start Xavier Su'a Filo, right?  Never was, never will be.

Anyway, this is another loss in my estimation...

Fair questions.     Carman not starting isn't an issue if Burrow is protected.   He's not.  So yeah its a pretty big issue he isn't playing right now. 

Evans has potential, but its looking bad about cutting Gio and you still don't have an extension for Bates.

On the opening day of FA they could have had Zeitler for $9m?  Too expensive, I guess.

But its probably because they called too many 2nd down runs. Not because these fucking guys can't fucking pass block.

By the way the Burrow played like ass yesterday and it needs to be said and recognized by Bengal fans.

When the scheme/play call gives you a wide ass open Boyd its pretty bad when you throw it into the covering guys back.   Then later in the day throw a pick 6, and two other picks. 

Good lord.  The sheep around Bengal nation.