Week 2 2021: Bengals at Bears Game Thread

Stripes

2 minutes ago, Stripes said:

The offensive gameplan was dog shit.

I'm not normally the one rendering those scathing assessments.

The offensive gameplan was dog shit.

It really was. Time to take the training wheels off. Teams know what we are doing and sitting on routes.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cincy9275 said:

Zac' s dog shit. I didn't expect msny wins. This is one that should have been able to win. Next week Steelers. More than likely another loss. 

I'll be amazed if we win more than 4 all year. The coaching is appalling, pointless having "all this talent" when the play calling is so poor, if we can guess whats coming you can guarantee any nfl coach can!!  When was the last time we made good/positive half time adjustments? 

• Like 2

Just bad all around.

Sure the D looked good…after Dalton got hurt. Prior to that he was carving them up. They looked much better vs the rookie who got thrown into the game with minimal prep.

Why is Wilson returning kicks? He’s slow and indecisive. What does he give us?

The offense was terrible even after they took the cuffs off Joe. The oline looks like all the players just joined the team yesterday. Communication is horrid.

The game plan and play calling were total crap. Empty sets that got Burrow hammered, first down runs every series, glacial pace designed to keep the Bears D fresh deep into the game, everything based on pre snap reads that left plays all over the field if Joe had looked or had time.

Utter garbage, all of it. 

1 minute ago, jonf45uk said:

I'll be amazed if we win more than 4 all year. The coaching is appalling, pointless having "all this talent" when the play calling is so poor, if we can guess whats coming you can guarantee any nfl coach can!!  When was the last time we made good/positive half time adjustments? 

Not to mention not throwing one down field pass until 3 mins left in the game. It's clear Zac don't understand his talent. Let not forget Brandon's dumb ass returns.  Pinning this team deep. Give the bears credit. all they had to do was sit back and let the bengals beat themselves.   

Yea against a good offense this defense will be trash again. I was expecting them to play pretty good today because the bears offense is not very good. 

Im guessing the Bengals figures bringing in another O-line coach that everything will be fixed. What a joke. 

Not sure if it’s trust issues or what but Zac needs to change the way he calls plays, I think the Bears knew what was coming before Burrow even got the play. Burrow is trying to get the ball out so fast he is only reading one guy and throwing there, he really needs time to look down the field more, there were guys open. 

Start throwing the ball down field more on first down, I swear every play was run, run, pass or run pass pass, there was no mixing it up. Start taking shots with the QB and WR there is to much talent to be throwing it 5 yards every play. 

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

Chase knows what's up...

That’s great but they need a coach who knows when they are wrong. He had all game to make changes and he doesn’t, it’s like every bengals coach is afraid to make in game or halftime adjustments. You don’t wait till the last second to throw it deep, this coaching staff is proving to be one of the worst. You have all this talent on the field and  you throw it 5 yards down the field all game, give me a break!! 

Burrow played poorly.  First tIme saying that.   Flat out miss Boyd TD on a pick play forcing a ball into what he thought would happen.  2 ints were bad. 

Way too much pressure on Burrow.  Pollack, ZT, and BC need to lock themselves in a closet and figure it out. 9 sacks? 2 games? 

Wilson.  inches away from scoop and score.

Defense mostly great today but again gave up a 3rd and 19.  3rd and 9 scramble.   PI on the Dalton TD drive(maybe 3rd down) 

Bullshit non call on 4th down on Higgins. 

Add it all up and it was a close game and way too many plays left on the field. 

41 minutes ago, cincy9275 said:

Not to mention not throwing one down field pass until 3 mins left in the game. It's clear Zac don't understand his talent. Let not forget Brandon's dumb ass returns.  Pinning this team deep. Give the bears credit. all they had to do was sit back and let the bengals beat themselves.   

Burrow elected to throw it into the back of LB instead of the wide open Boyd down the field.  He also threw one out of bounds when Chase had two steps on a guy. 

Higgins gave up a big YAC play with a fumble.  

I think Burrow played poorly today along with most the offense until late 4th. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, membengal said:

It really was. Time to take the training wheels off. Teams know what we are doing and sitting on routes.

Can’t protect a QB is big issue.  

If this was Turner I’m sure it would be pointed out.  

Hard to take training wheels off when your QB is dumped 9 times in two games with a decent running game ( in 1 game) and tackles playing OK.