2022 NFL Draft

HoosierCat

22 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

If you want someone to come in and start this season, the options are limited.

Move Karras to LG and Linderbaum is your starting Center, which makes a lot of sense since the talk is that the LG position is still a question mark.

A new CB would have to beat out Apple, which some may see happening but it’s not a foregone conclusion as some may want to believe.

DT could get a shot but would have to beat out BJ Hill and that would be a fight for a rookie.

TE might be the best shot for a rookie starter.

Where else ?? Punter ??

since DT rotates to keep the rushers fresh, a 3TDT could be the 1a or the Ib but in either case will likely get substantial playing time

I dont think a TE at 31 will start, given that rookie starting TEs (like Pitts in ATL) are by far the exception to the rule

I could see a rookie starter at outside CB.  Maybe.

LG is also a maybe, but I'd prefer to see Carmen come into his own here, especially since he was on the left at Clemson and I dont want to waste his potential

overall, I think your best chance is 3TDT for regular starter at 31, with CB a distant second

I think the biggest "needs" are easily CB and 3T. I just know the draft is rarely so kind as to provide a top two positional need as the best value pick precisely when the Bengals are on the clock. If they take the BPA among a number of reasonable position groups, which I'd consider to be [CB, 3T, IOL, DE, S], I will be able to live with it. Maybe they can bias toward the other four and away from safety unless the draft is just taking a shit on them. The other four positions will either offer a starter outright or a rotational player than can make a meaningful impact in a Super Bowl run.

If they were to take Linderbaum (again, I don't expect it), I actually think I'd be more confident about him starting week 1 than I would be about Ted Karras starting week 1. Linderbaum would be an absolute. Left guard would probably be Karras, but Carman would have a shot.

LG isn't even a problem.   You can hide a singular interior weak spot  IF Collins is what we hope.   I think at worse he's comparable to RR.    I hope his head is in it but I worry about his team friendly deal and past this year.   At Best he pulls a Pacman (on field) and gives us years of solid top tier play. 

If you want to talk yourself into a hole its at tackle.  "IF" you want to talk yourself into a hole on this line.   Collins might be a little risky.  He has had drug issues, injury issues, lazy issues.  Again IF.   Then they always have some snaps for swing tackles even when the top 2 are playing at an effective level.  You know Prince could be on the back 9 of his NFL career. 

If Collins is what we hope.  Then you can slide protect all day long.   You have two bona fide upgrades at C and RG that will absolutely pick up loops, twists better than the previous Interior combo. 

Based on who they have now for LG candidates.  They'll play above the MJ, Redmond, Bodine levels at worse. 

The injury to Joe and sack numbers have blunted rational thought on message boards and media.   Sure its excusable.  Media can always claim smokescreen but that 31 pick or the first pick isn't going to be used on IOL.  Its not even an issue, IMO and I doubt the Bengals see it as one too.

With Larry O. not signed.  You are missing 700 snaps and 7 sacks from a D-line that managed through lack of rotation on the edge then being backed up with CBs 3-6 all being 1 step away from street FA status.   Not to mention your top Safety is on the tag.    I think its pretty clear were the focus of the entire draft will be. 

Seven rounder over at cbs sports.

1 Linderbaum

2 Nick Cross, S, Maryland

3 Faalele

4 Marion Goodrich, CB, Clemson

5 Matt Henningsen, DL, Wisconsin

6 Hasan Haskins, RB, Michigan

7 D’Vonta Price, RB, FIU

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-trades-in-every-round-falcons-pick-malik-willis-seahawks-go-qb-in-round-2/

18 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Big news gang! PFF updated their big board for their mock simulator, and you know what that means...

I did a whole draft without seeing Cordale Flott one time.

I didn’t see him until the third. You can sub him for Fortner if you like, tho you risk the wrath of TJ.

1 Green

2 Marcus Jones

3 Luke Fortner

4 Damone Clark

14 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

1 Linderbaum

3 Faalele

7 D’Vonta Price, RB, FIU

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-seven-round-mock-draft-trades-in-every-round-falcons-pick-malik-willis-seahawks-go-qb-in-round-2/

I've now seen the worst mock draft of the year

ESPN's Matt Miller has his final rankings up. Here's his top 40:

1. Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
2. Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
3. Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State
4. Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
5. Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia
6. Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
7. Drake London, WR, USC
8. Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
9. Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
10. Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
11. Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
12. Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
13. Jermaine Johnson II, EDGE, Florida State
14. Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia
15. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
16. Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
17. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
18. Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
19. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
20. Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
21. Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
22. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
23. Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
24. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
25. Quay Walker, LB, Georgia

26. George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue
27. Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
28. Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
29. Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
30. Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota
31. Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State
32. Andrew Booth Jr., CB, Clemson
33. Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh
34. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
35. Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College

36. Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
37. Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut
38. Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
39. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
40. George Pickens, WR, Georgia

Looking around where we are picking (in bold) I wouldn't chirp much about any of those except Pickett obviously.

2 hours ago, Stripes said:

Big news gang! PFF updated their big board for their mock simulator, and you know what that means...

I did a whole draft without seeing Cordale Flott one time.

that's fucking huge news. Off to the simulator.

Here we go. I traded down from 31 to 36 and added picks in the 4th and 5th to move back. Seems a reasonable trade. It yielded:

Pick 36 - Arnold Ebiekete - Edge - Penn St.

Pick 63 - Cam Taylor-Britt -- CB - Nebraska

Pick 95 - Cole Strange C/G - Chattanooga

Pick 112 (via trade) - Kyle Phillips - WR - UCLA

Pick 136 - Daniel Bellinger - TE - San Diego State

Pick 147 (via trade) - Joshua Ezeudu - G - UNC

Pick 174 - Curtis Brooks - IDL - UC

Pick 209 - Isaiah Thomas - Edge -Oklahoma

Pick 226 - Jerome Ford - RB - UC

Pick 252 - Matt Araiza - P - San Diego State

Got an A- from PFF for this one. I like this one. 

Have to admit that Ebiketie is pretty impressive. While I hadn’t given much thought to them taking a DE, he looks pretty appealing at this point when considering some of the other comparable players.

The thoughts of him being the pick also increases thoughts of trading down. Then go with BPA, in the hopes of that being a 3T and CB.

17 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

1 Linderbaum

3 Faalele

7 D’Vonta Price, RB, FIU

I dont want Faalele in any round....at all

and we dotn need 1 RB, much less 2

bad, bad mock

One week from today and we will see how it turns out.
There's really not much more to discuss unless there is a trade or something of that nature.

With a week remaining, here's kind of where I am:
- Nothing would surprise me at #31 as I believe they could go in many different directions.  I seriously think they are wide open.
- I can acknowledge DT and CB appear to be great needs, but we have 7 picks.  No reason those positions can't be addressed beyond #31.
- It would be easier to name the positions that I don't think could be addressed in the first three rounds.
- DT, DE, CB, LB, S, OC, OG, WR are all spots I could see addressed.  None of those would shock me in the least.  NONE.
- With that being the case, I see the odds of a trade down being better than a trade up giving up picks.
- It can't forgotten how many players we have that will be UFA after this year.  Have to plan for that too.

Can't wait to see what the front office does and how it all turns out.
I'm confident...

He can’t move. He’s enormous at 390 pounds and 6’8” and if he gets his hands on a rusher , fine,  but god forbid a defensive end make any kind of move on him and…hoo boy. I just don’t see his feet being remotely good enough.

2 hours ago, Stripes said:

Seems odd for a player with that profile to garner significant draft interest. I suppose it could just be a Margus Hunt thing.

Every scouting report I have read completely contradicts mem on movement, so there’s that. Big knock on him is lack of experience. He’s a project. Certainly value in rounds 3/4 tho.

he doesn't fall over, so, I guess that's why the scouting reports say he can move? Literally, he cannot move his feet quick enough to deal with NFL quality edge rushers. I have read more than one scout say his best chance at being a passable blocker at RT in passing game is that it takes a little bit longer to run around him because he's so big.   He's not gonna be able to get out in a zone scheme. Have at it, whoever makes him a project, but he's a fucking project. 

It's not just games that showed it, he was all feet in the Senior Bowl 1 on 1s. 

Just, NO. 

In a non sequitor to that discussion - here is Matt Miller's most recent Top 50:

1. EDGE1 | Aidan Hutchinson | Michigan

6’7” | 260 lbs | 4.74 40 | 36” vert | 117” broad | 6.73 3C | 4.15 SS

Strengths: Relentless effort on a highly-athletic frame that allows Hutchinson to win with speed, power, length, and technique. Tape and testing show agility, balance, flexibility and quickness. Plays with good hand use and a strong understanding of leverage, technique, and situational football. A grinder on and off the field who was praised by coaches and teammates. Hutchinson’s combination of work ethic, determination, athletic ability and knowledge make him a Day 1 impact. He doesn’t have the ceiling of the best defensive end in the NFL, but within five years he should be a consistent double-digit sack performer.

Weaknesses: Considered “maxed out” by some scouts. Can get lost in the run game. Comes in too high and too hot at times and will whiff on ball-carriers. 

Overall: Hutchinson is an immediate starter who will impact his NFL team from the jump. He should turn into a perennial Pro Bowl candidate. 

RAS score: 9.88

Pro Comp: Jared Allen

2. OT1 | Evan Neal | Alabama 

6’7 ½” | 337 lbs | 34” arm | 10 ⅛” hand | no athletic testing

Strengths: Versatile tackle prospect who has experience on both left and right sides of the line. Easy moving athlete who slimmed down from 360 lbs in the pre-draft process to 337 lbs and looks much more compact. Athleticism is easy to spot on tape as he’s moving to the second-level or cutting off speed rushers around the edge. Uses length and hand size well to control blockers. Battle-tested in the SEC as a three-year starter. 

Weaknesses: Hip injury limited his pre-draft athletic testing. Weight concerns were an issue in college. Can be a slow reactor to blitzes/stunts and has relied on athleticism and length to win battles in college. Lower body strength is average for his size.

Overall: Neal has the athletic tools and versatility to be an immediate starter at left or right tackle. He should become a top 10 tackle in the NFL within the next 3-5 years.

RAS score: NA

Pro Comp: Jordan Mailata

3. OT2 | Ikem Ekwonu | NC State 

6’4” | 310 lbs | 34” arm | 10 ¼” hand | 4.93 40 | 29” vert | 108” broad | 7.83 3C | 4.73 SS

Strengths: Mauler in the run game who plays like a coiled spring ready to bounce on defenders. Uses his low center of gravity and power very well to push defenders out of the rushing lane. Plays with a type of controlled violence that coaches and scouts love. Finishes plays to and through the whistle. Smooth moving athlete in space who can excel in zone or power blocking schemes and was a nightmare in the screen game. Ekwonu has the versatility positionally to play either tackle or guard spot.

Weaknesses: Pass pro is sloppy and uncoordinated at times. Needs work on timing his hands better and keeping his feet anchored. Looks unbalanced in space. Can be too aggressive and become a leaner instead of a bender.

Overall: Scheme and position will matter for Ekwonu, but he has the power to project as an elite run blocker. It’ll be his pass protection that determines his NFL ceiling. The potential is in place for him to become a top 10 tackle.

RAS score: 8.5

Pro Comp: Tristan Wirfs

4. EDGE2 | Travon Walker | Georgia

6’5” | 272 lbs | 35 ½” arm | 4.51 40 | 35.5” vert | 123” broad | 6.89 3C | 4.32 SS

Strengths: An athletic marvel with elite testing times and measurables that have scouts and analysts raving about his upside and potential. When unlocked as a pass-rusher in the college football playoff, Walker showed burst and bend to go with length and power. That potential could make him a top three pick. Uses length/hands well to create space and has power/speed to counter it. Closing speed is very good. Violent, attacking player. Young prospect who is only scratching the surface of what he can be. Scheme versatile as a 43D or 34E. 

Weaknesses: Limited experience and tools as a pass-rusher after playing largely in a run-stuffing role at Georgia. Can slow play rushes to set up linemen and gaps that won’t work in the pros. Might not have true position in base schemes.

Overall: Walker is an upside player who scouts and evaluators must project into a pass-rushing role he didn’t often play in college. His athletic traits point to him becoming an elite rusher if he develops additional pass rushing skills. 

RAS score: 9.99

Pro Comp: Myles Garret (high ) / Preston Smith (low)

5. SAF1 | Kyle Hamilton | Notre Dame 

6’4” | 220 lbs | 33” arm | 4.59 40 | 38” vert | 131” broad | 6.9 3C | 4.32 SS

Strengths: Leader with excellent football IQ, on-and-off field character, and football instincts. Instant impact in a locker room, community and on the field. Field vision is top-tier as is his read-and-react skills. Comes into the NFL with high-level IQ and instincts–some of the best this evaluator has seen at the position. Plays with smart angles to the ball/route. Can play in the box or at second-and-third-levels. Pad level for his size is legendary. A striker as a hitter who will run through ball-carriers. Despite average timed speed, length and instincts make up for any lack of speed.

Weaknesses: Testing times weren’t elite and didn’t seem to match on-field speed. Missed one game in 2020 to ankle injury and six games in 2021 to a knee injury. On-field hesitations cause miscues–needs to attack a second faster and trust his eyes. 

Overall: Hamilton has the tools to become the best safety in the NFL thanks to size, football IQ, instincts and ability to impact the game in coverage, run defense, and as a ballhawk. Scheme will matter–the hope is his NFL team lets him be a safety and doesn’t go the Isaiah Simmons/Minkah Fitzpatrick route of adding too much too soon.

RAS score: 9.3

Pro Comp: Derwin James

6. CB1 | Ahmad Gardner | Cincinnati 

6’3” | 190 lbs | 33 ½” arm | 4.41 40 

Strengths: Three-year starter who allowed 0 touchdowns in college. A natural press man cornerback with awesome length and speed for the position. Rarely threatened in college but showed the ball skills to become an elite cornerback with nine career interceptions. Able to mirror-and-match with receivers of all sizes/speeds. Has the reactive athleticism and play speed needed to become a Day 1 man coverage impact. Length allows him to be very effective jamming at the line of scrimmage; but also makes him a nightmare in coverage because his coverage area is much larger than expected. Easy mover with footwork rarely seen on taller cornerbacks. Also has pure speed to run down vertical routes. 

Weaknesses: Timid in the run game and isn’t a natural tackler. Coverage technique is more athleticism than refined footwork and leverage. Relies on length/speed and can play with poor timing. 

Overall: Gardner should be a Day 1 starter and has the size/speed/hands to become a prolific NFL cornerback. He is an ascending talent who has only gotten better each of the last three seasons. If that trend continues, he can become a top 10 NFL cornerback.

Pro Comp: Richard Sherman

7. WR1 | Drake London | USC 

6’4” | 219 lbs | athletic testing available April 15

Strengths: Elite post-up wide receiver who attacks the ball in the air. This draft’s best 50/50 receiver and red zone target. Posted 88 catches in just eight games in 2021 despite uneven quarterback play at USC. Savvy body positioning, timing, concentration and hand strength allow him to excel over the top. Uses body positioning on breaking routes to keep defenders away from the ball. Has the body control and overall athleticism to track and adjust to the ball in-flight. Times his jumps perfectly and goes at the ball with full extension. 

Weaknesses: Fractured ankle in late October shut season down and delayed pre-draft testing. Top-end speed isn’t elite on tape and leads to many contested catches. Separation ability is a question. A bigger target for press cornerbacks at the line of scrimmage. 

Overall: London has the best ball skills in the class. If paired with a quarterback who can deliver the pass on time, he’ll make them a better passer. He doesn’t project as a top NFL wide out but has the tools to be a top scorer at the position.

Pro Comp: Mike Evans

8. WR2 | Jameson Williams | Alabama 

6’1 ½” | 179 lbs | athletic testing not available

Strengths: A true speedster with the top gear to run away from coverage but also the underneath agility and acceleration to make defenders miss after the catch. Williams’ feet are like typewriter keys with quickness and efficiency in his routes and post-catch. Elite chunk play ability–18 touchdowns in college with an average of 48 yards per score. Natural athleticism allows him to contort and adjust to the ball in-flight. Smart, tough, competitive player who loves football according to coaches. Has six-point speed–every time he touches the ball, he’s a threat to score. Has a developed route tree and can play both slot and outside receiver with a high degree of success. Scheme and role versatile. If healthy, Williams would be a top five player in the class.

Weaknesses: Torn ACL in national title game limits availability in 2022. Has a lean frame and could be asked to bulk up to better handle press coverage and contested catches. Just a one-year starter after transferring from Ohio State after not being able to crack the starting line up there. Does not impact the game as a blocker.

Overall: Williams has elite stop-start ability and speed but is more than “just” a straight-line speed player. He’s a refined, well-rounded wide receiver with tough hands and savvy routes. He has the tools to become one of the best young receiver in the game if healthy.

Pro Comp: Odell Beckham Jr.

9. EDGE3 | Kayvon Thibodeaux | Oregon 

6’4” | 254 lbs | 33 ⅛” arm | 4.58 40 | 27 bench | 9’11” broad | 7.23 3C | 4.38 SS

Strengths: Former five-star recruit who had a productive career at Oregon. Thibodeaux flashes the burst and bend needed to beat NFL pass protectors on the edge. A natural speed rusher who can vary his tempo to set up tackles and counter their reaction. Can convert speed to power and has experience rushing from the interior as a blitzer. Lived in the backfield against both the run and pass. Makes a ton of splash plays. Smart, intelligent player on and off the field with big aspirations professionally. Agility, speed and physicality stun blockers. Thibodeaux has tools to be a dynamic 43E or 34O who will make his money on passing downs.

Weaknesses: Suffered an ankle injury in season opener (2021) and missed two games. Smaller than expected with a lean frame and shorter arms. Doesn’t have play power to consistently set the edge in the run game. Too aggressive at times and has a history of after-the-whistle flags. Scouts have knocked his arrogance, drive, and effort. 

Overall: If locked in and committed, Thibodeaux has the speed rush tools to be a special NFL rusher. The key will be if the concerns shared by scouts make him the defensive end version of Josh Rosen or not. He alone will control his success. The tools are in place to become a top-end pass-rusher.

RAS score: 9.61

Pro Comp: Danielle Hunter

10. OT3 | Charles Cross | Mississippi State

6’5” | 307 lbs | 34 ½” arm | 10 ½” hand | 4.95 40 | 26” vert | 112” broad | 7.88 3C | 4.61 SS

Strengths: Athletic pass protector who was battle-tested in the SEC and held his own against premier pass-rushers. A two-year starter who has length and hand size to lock out and control rushers. Recovery agility and length are evident on film. Can slide and mirror pass-rushers and effectively cut off the edge with length/timing/speed. Hands are well-timed and well-tuned for power. Never stops working his feet. Natural knee bender. Cross’ hand play is truly his best asset and makes him very NFL ready. Has experience at both tackle spots.

Weaknesses: Has a lean frame that doesn’t look 300-plus pounds with a narrow lower body. Played in an offense that primarily threw the ball and has limited experience in the run game and was exposed to limited run game concepts. Must get stronger overall, but especially in his lower body. Inside shoulder is a weak point due to oversetting on outside foot. 

Overall: Cross looks like a 10-year starter at offensive tackle if a team can be patient with his run blocking–which we’ve heard has improved this offseason working with acclaimed offensive line coach Duke Manyweather. There are no mental or athletic deficiencies to his game that would prevent Cross from becoming a top 15 tackle in the league.

RAS score: 7.57

Pro Comp: Terron Armstead

11. WR3 | Garrett Wilson | Ohio State 

6’0” | 183 lbs | 4.38 40 - 1.53 10 | 36” vert | 123” broad | 4.36 SS

Strengths: A smooth deep route-runner who has excelled after the catch as a two-year starter. Highly productive to end his career at Ohio State. Experienced and talented punt returner. Accelerates easily throughout his routes and has elite top-end speed. Wilson uses that speed to run away from tacklers and has awesome field vision with the ball. He’s the best receiver in the draft on routes deeper than 15 yards. His role isn’t likely to be as a WR1, but he projects as a very good WR2 who can take over games with his big play speed and run-after-catch skills. 

Weaknesses: Lean, raw player who can struggle against press coverage. Routes right now feature too many wasted steps and false movements. Tape speed didn’t look as impressive as timed speed as he struggled at times to run away from coverage and separate. Much better acceleration than burst. Focus drops popped up in 2021.

Overall: Wilson’s scheme fit will matter, as we believe he needs a solid running mate to do dirty work over the middle. He’s a deep threat and a YAC god. Use him there and he can be highly productive.

RAS score: 7.76

Pro Comp: Robert Woods

12. EDGE4 | Jermaine Johnson | Florida State 

6’5” | 254 lbs | 34” | 9 ⅞” | 4.58 40 | 21 bench | 32” vert | 125” broad

Strengths: Height/length/speed player who broke out in 2021 at FSU (12 sacks, 18 TFL) as a 4-3 defensive end. Uses length and quickness to stun blockers. Has strong and active hands. Play strength is fantastic and shows up in hands/lower body. Leader with great on-and-off field character that coaches praised. Active tackler with the power and aggression to stand up ball-carriers. Ideal 43E with the body to hold up against the run and the agility/length to be an effective rusher and three-down player.

Weaknesses: Transferred from Georgia and is an older prospect at 23 years old on draft day. Will turn 24 in January 2023. Linear player with long legs and short torso (high-cut). One-year starter. First-step quickness isn’t great. 

Overall: Johnson seems maxed out as an older prospect with good but not great athleticism and solid Day 1 pass-rushing tools. His length and agility, plus a strong motor, can make him a viable NFL starting defensive end who has occasional Pro Bowl caliber years.

RAS score: 9.21

Pro Comp: Marcus Davenport

13. CB2 | Derek Stingley Jr. | LSU

6’0” | 190 lbs | 4.44 40 | 38.5” vert | 122” broad | limited athletic testing

Strengths: Two-time First Team All-American (2019, 2020) who has ideal physical and play traits to become an elite NFL cornerback. Man coverage wizard who understands timing, leverage, and reads routes well. Big and fast enough to press at the line and run with receivers down the field without losing positioning. Hips and feet are smooth. Has balance, body control, agility to be great. Punt returner experience and can be dangerous there. Was awarded famed No. 7 jersey at LSU. Coaches speak to maturity beyond his years. Was tested early and often in the SEC throughout the last three seasons–including facing Ja’Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson and Terrace Marshall, Jr. in practices. 

Weaknesses: Played in just 10 games in the last two seasons–missed seven games in 2021 due to Lisfranc injury that limited pre-draft testing. 

Overall: If Stingley is healthy and checked in, he has the tools to be the best cornerback in the NFL. He’s that talented. The key will be if NFL teams are getting the 2019 version or the player who missed 12 games the last two years. 

RAS score: 9.2

Pro Comp: Marshon Lattimore

14. DT1 | Devonte Wyatt | Georgia

6’3” | 304 lbs | 32 ⅝” arms | 4.77 40 | 29” vert | 111” broad

Strengths: Disruptive pass-rusher made for the 3-technique position. Strong, stout player who has quick feet and easy lateral movement. Strong hands with good enough length. Changes direction well on the go. Varies his tempo and pass-rush moves to win inside. High-energy/effort player who will run down screens and hustles to backfield production. Quickness and agility allow him to consistently win in the SEC. Was productive against future NFL blockers. Motor is among the best in the class regardless of position. 

Weaknesses: Was surrounded by elite talent on the Georgia defense, giving him more one-on-one looks. Drops his eyes/head at contact. Needs more pass-rush moves inside of swipe/knife after first step. Would like to see him anchor better against zone blocking schemes. Turned 24 years old on March 31. 

Overall: Wyatt is a starting 3-technique waiting to be drafted but has moved around the Georgia line enough to have experience at multiple alignments. He comes into the league maxed out physically, but his motor and quickness are high-end. 

RAS score: 9.58

Pro Comp: Christian Wilkins

15. WR4 | Chris Olave | Ohio State 

6’0” | 187 lbs | 4.39 40 - 1.45 10 | 32” vert | 124” broad

Strengths: Speedster with legit deep threat ability. Tracks the ball like a centerfielder and has easy agility, body control and positioning. Times his hands well and adjusts over either shoulder. Team captain with three years starting experience. Smooth mover and overall operator who makes the position look effortless. Praised by coaches for route-running, football IQ and leadership. Seen by scouts as NFL ready and should be a Day 1 contributor to a passing game. Polished and needs no skill development to make an impact.

Weaknesses: Lean prospect who lacks play power. Had seven drops in 2021. Struggles to consistently beat press coverage. Maxed out prospect in terms of skills and speed. Body type and skill set could dictate role as a slot receiver in some schemes.

Overall: Lack of size and power likely profiles Olave as a WR2 or future slot receiver, but he can be highly productive in that role thanks to his speed and ball skills. In the right scheme, he can develop into one of the league’s best deep threats.

RAS score: 8.66

Pro Comp: Terry McLaurin

16. SAF2 | Daxton Hill | Michigan 

6’0” | 191 lbs | 4.38 40 | 33.5” vert | 121” broad | 6.57 3C | 4.06 SS

Strengths: Versatile defensive back who has played slot corner, free safety and post safety at Michigan. Elite speed in the 4.3s that shows up on film with range and the ability to man cover receivers. Athleticism is easy to see and shows up on tape in man coverage where he can run with any receiver. Clean mechanics and a smooth backpedal. Lateral agility is elite. Easy movements in mirror-and-match and changes direction fluidly. Experience in man coverage is a major plus. Football IQ and toughness are NFL-ready. Positional versatility a plus as he can move around a defense as needed in matchup situations against receivers, backs and tight ends. Burst equals range and he has a ton of it.

Weaknesses: Had just four interceptions in college and didn’t impact the game by creating turnovers. Seen as a tweener who might not bring value as a pure cornerback or safety prospect. Smaller, lean frame for a safety but lacks length for a cornerback. 

Overall: How an NFL team uses Hill will be interesting to watch. He has talent to thrive in the slot cornerback role or as a free safety. His matchup coverage ability and speed are eye-opening. Hill has the skills to develop into a top coverage safety.

RAS score: 9.03

Pro Comp: Eric Berry

17. DT2 | Jordan Davis | Georgia

6’6” | 341 lbs | 34” arm | 4.78 40 – 1.63 10 | 32” vert | 123” broad

Strengths: Elite height-weight-speed player who scored a perfect 10 on the “Relative Athletic Score” metric. Dominant run defender who routinely draws the attention of double-teams despite being on a defense loaded with NFL talent. Active hands with power and violence to his game. Stacks up blockers and will not get washed down by inside blockers. Great at holding anchor and creating havoc in the middle of the offensive line. Elite tackler at the point of attack. Physically outmatches most blockers and will be a handful for even NFL centers and guards.

Weaknesses: Limited snaps at Georgia due to conditioning and role as a run-defender only. Weight has been an issue in the past (380 lbs at signing). Has just three sacks in the last two seasons and was not an effective pass-rusher. Loses leverage and pad height after initial burst.

Overall: A nose tackle prospect with Day 1 ability, Davis has the skills to become the NFL’s best at that position. How valuable his role as a two down player is remains to be debated. He has all the traits needed to be an immediate run-down impact and the athleticism to develop into more of a pass-rusher.

RAS score: 10

Pro Comp: Haloti Ngata

18. LB1 | Devin Lloyd | Utah 

6’2 ½” | 237 lbs | 4.66 40 | 25 bench | 35” vert | 126” broad

Strengths: Active, aggressive linebacker who has experience playing off-ball, stack, and even rushing off the edge. Excellent physicality with elite NFL size and the agility to run-and-chase ball-carriers plus work his hips in coverage. Top-tier playmaker who impacts the game in all three defensive phases. Has the size and strength to play downhill and fill gaps. Length allows him a big tackling radius. Has some juice as a pass-rusher and uses length very well there to create separation and disengage from blockers. Profiles as a Day 1 impact player and rookie starter who has the ability to play all three downs.

Weaknesses: Turns 24 years old in September of rookie season. Likely maxed out physically. Can be a touch late to read-and-react and relies too often on athleticism to cover up slow processing. Plays with poor leverage in the run game at times. 

Overall: Lloyd has the tools to become a very good NFL starting linebacker who makes plays in the run, pass and pass-rush game. He’s not as fast as Darius Leonard, but his stat sheet production and size point to his abilities. 

RAS score: 9.59

Pro Comp: Darius Leonard

19. OC1 | Tyler Linderbaum | Iowa 

6’3” | 290 lbs | 31 ⅛” arm | 10” hand

Strengths: Standout athlete and technician who first made a name for himself as an Iowa state high school wrestler and all-around athlete. Linderbaum was recruited to Iowa as a defensive lineman and moved to center after his freshman season. Was All-Big Ten every year he played center. Athletic, agile, smart, and tough. A monster in the run game at the second level thanks to his agility; the same goes for the screen game. Linderbaum is an ideal starter for a zone blocking scheme thanks to his quickness and ability to block on the move. He’ll be a rookie starter and has the tools to become one of the best in the league. 

Weaknesses: Left foot injury prevented pre-draft agility workouts. Short-armed prospect who falls belong NFL threshold at that measurement. Can lose anchor against long-armed defensive tackles. Susceptible to rips and swims. Lacks positional versatility (has only played center). 

Overall: Linderbaum’s athletic ability, toughness, and work ethic are a perfect pairing. He’s an elite run defender and very good pass protector who will excel in a zone scheme and could become an All-Pro at the position. 

RAS score: N/A

Pro Comp: Jason Kelce

20. CB3 | Trent McDuffie | Washington 

5’10 6/8” | 193 lbs | 29 ¾” arm | 4.44 40 | 38.5” vert | 128” broad

Strengths: Feisty, aggressive corner who loves contact at the line of scrimmage. McDuffie has high-level quickness, body control and agility in the open field. He can match underneath routes and stick with quicker, smaller receivers. Burst and explosion are exciting when closing on the ball. Will come downhill and tackle ball-carriers and has a very physical element to his game. High-effort, competitive cornerback who might not have an elite ceiling but very high floor.

Weaknesses: Short-armed with below-average length for NFL standards that allows him to get posted-up on by bigger receivers. Average press jam ability due to length. Doesn’t play contested catches well that cause him to jump or attack high passes. 

Overall: McDuffie is a no-nonsense cornerback who is likely physically maxed out but has the toughness, competitiveness, and agility to be a very good NFL cornerback. He’s like a CB2 over a CB1 but is a rookie starter thanks to his athletic traits and football IQ.

RAS score: 9.49

Pro Comp: Chris Harris,  Jr.

21. QB1 | Malik Willis | Liberty 

6’0 ½” | 219 lbs | 9 ½” hand | 23 years old (Week 1)

Strengths: Big-time arm strength with a quick release and impressive velocity. Athletic runner with game-changing speed, field vision and elusiveness. Has the speed to pull away from both pass-rushers and tacklers in the open field. Natural athlete with tons of juice in his arm and legs. Spins passes to all areas of the field with velocity and a tight spiral. Vertical passer who pushes the ball down the field beautifully with good arc and placement. As a runner, Willis has tools to be elite as a scrambler and as a designed runner. Has the athletic tools and passing ability to become a dynamic playmaker at the position. Originally signed to Auburn but transferred after two seasons of backup duty. 

Weaknesses: Developmental passer who currently plays in a “one-read and run” offense. 2021 tape showed a more timid passer than previously evaluated as he started to see ghosts. Turnovers shot up from 6 INTs in 2020 to 12 in 2021. Has to gain experience working through progressions–something he hasn’t been asked to do but perhaps is proficient at and therefore leaves questions about what he’s currently able to do against NFL speed and NFL defensive schemes. 

Overall: Willis is a project at the quarterback position but has elite arm strength, elite running ability, and has the infectious personality and charisma needed to lead a team. He’s a big upside player but his floor is not starter-caliber.

Pro Comp: Jalen Hurts

22. WR5 | Treylon Burks | Arkansas 

6’2” | 225 lbs | 4.55 40 | 33” vert | 122” broad | 7.28 3C | 4.40 SC | 12 bench

Strengths: Physical, big-bodied receiver who uses his size to shield defensive backs from the ball and can dominate on breaking routes. Burks is electric with the ball in his hands post-catch and routinely uses burst to run away from defenders. He’s an impact with the football and should be schemed touches to get him into the flow of an offense–similar to AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel. Quick and powerful as a route-runner, Burks’ size is an asset in the underneath and tight passing game. He leaves Arkarnas with three years of top-end production as a career starter.

Weaknesses: Limited route tree at Arkansas shows up; mostly ran slants and screens. Timed speed was unimpressive at 4.55 seconds. Weight control had been an issue before 2020; scouts report he was up to 240 pounds at one point. Multiple teams have expressed concerns about interviews with Burks in pre-draft conversations, pointing to immaturity and “rough edges”. 

Overall: Burks’ early success will depend on his NFL scheme and how well he can improve his route tree throughout training camp. Early on, he’ll be an impact in the underneath game and with his yards-after-catch ability. A Round 1 talent, he’ll likely be a WR3 to start his career.

RAS score: 5.83

Pro Comp: AJ Brown

23. LB2 | Nakobe Dean | Georgia 

5’11” | 229 lbs | no workouts

Strengths: Smart, instinctive leader who was the heart and soul of the Bulldogs’ defense and a team captain. Two-year starter who had elite production. Quick and fluid, Dean has awesome closing speed when he keys on the ball. High IQ player who has fantastic read-and-react skills and is often in position pre-snap to make a play on the ball. Makes plays in three phases and is a qualified blitzer. Smooth hips allow him to drop into coverage and can matchup on hook-to-curl routes. 

Weaknesses: Undersized linebacker prospect who was surrounded by elite talent at Georgia. Was protected by defensive tackles who are projected Round 1 picks who kept his jersey very clean in the run game. If a lineman gets hands on him, it’s game over as he doesn’t have the power or length to re-direct. Frame is likely maxed out. Didn’t participate in pre-draft workouts due to knee and pectoral injuries.

Overall: Dean doesn’t check the measurables boxes teams establish but his tape is fantastic as he shows football IQ, instincts, leadership and a relentless motor. He has the mind and athleticism to become a top-tier NFL linebacker.

Pro Comp: Roquan Smith

24. RB1 | Breece Hall | Iowa State 

5’11” | 217 lbs | 4.39 40 | 40” vert | 126” broad

Strengths: Ideal mix of size, power, speed, hands, vision, and dependability make Hall the RB1 in this class. Has shown the long speed to rip off chunk plays while having the quickness to make defenders miss in tight spaces. Elite production in college while avoiding injury and fumbles. Has contact balance to run through tacklers. Soft hands allow him to be a featured receiver out of the backfield. Has enough pop in his 217 pounds to lower pads and thump tacklers. Patient, poised runner who doesn’t panic and trusts his line. Was able to be very productive despite having limited quarterback and offensive line play around him. 

Weaknesses: High-caliber workload in college could scare teams. Can be a linear runner at times who bypasses opportunities on cutbacks. Can be almost too patient at times and must improve his urgency. 

Overall: The top running back in the 2022 class, Hall has the three-down ability as a runner, receiver, blocker and the athletic traits to become a top running back in the NFL. 

RAS score: 9.96

Pro Comp: Alvin Kamara

25. OT4 | Trevor Penning | Northern Iowa 

6’6” | 303 lbs | 34 ¼” arm | 10 ⅛” hand | 4.89 40 - 1.65 10 | 28” vert

Strengths: Three-year starter who has experience at left tackle, guard and right tackle. Penning made a name for himself at the Senior Bowl with mauling, aggressive reps against his own team and the opposing squad. Plays to and through the whistle. Has ideal length with a thick, powerful lower body. Moves very well in space and has loose hips to sink and attack defenders in the run game. Length allows him to create a wall around the edge and he has the power to sink and absorb bull rushes. Can’t say enough about his toughness and competitiveness.

Weaknesses: Five-year college player who turns 23 in mid-May. An upside prospect whose tape is very raw at times, especially in pass protection where he looks to maul players into submission. Heavy-footed at times and has tree-trunk calves that are tough to move quickly to mirror pass-rushers. Knee bend and leverage need to become more consistent. Will get bull rushed and must work on hand placement.

Overall: A former no-star recruit, Penning worked his tail off to become a potential Round 1 pick. His size, athleticism, power, and toughness could be a tone setter on an NFL offensive line. 

Pro Comp: Nate Solder

26. LB3 | Quay Walker | Georgia 

6’4” | 241 lbs | 4.52 40 | 32” vert | 122” broad | 6.89 3C | 4.32 SS | 23 bench 

Strengths: Eye-popping height/weight/length/speed prospect who checks the boxes from a measurables standpoint. Has experience as a pass-rusher and was productive in that role. Shows up when asked to pull the chain and run to the ball. Covers a ton of ground with length and speed. Very aggressive tackler who runs through contact. Comfortable in coverage and can erase tight ends and backs with his size and length. Georgia coaches loved his ability on special teams. High-character player who was praised for his toughness and competitiveness. 

Weaknesses: One-year starter who didn’t pop until he was surrounded by an elite Georgia defense will raise questions. Length and speed cover up poor read-and-react/processing and his tape shows missteps against the run. Like most Georgia players, his snap/rep count was low due to depth on the roster.

Overall: Walker is an intriguing athletic prospect who was a dynamic playmaker at Georgia. Questions remain about his ability to produce on his own outside the system there. His upside is high, though, and he should be a rookie starter on at least two downs.

RAS score: 9.62

Pro Comp: Zach Cunningham

27. EDGE5 | George Karlaftis | Purdue 

6’4” | 266 lbs | 33 ¼” arm | 10 ¼” hand | 4.77 40 | 4.34 SC

Strengths: Physical pass-rusher with NFL-caliber size, strength and good enough quickness to make plays. Was dominant early in the 2021 season before teams started sliding protection his way. Strong hands with good technique to disengage from blockers. First-step quicks are notable. Works through blockers with tools and traits that translate to the pros. Smart, heady pass-rusher who doesn’t get turned around on misdirection. Big time effort player. 

Weaknesses: Only played three games in 2020 due to injuries and COVID shortened season. Physically maxed out prospect who has reached his athletic ceiling. Length is sub-par and issues with disengagement show up on tape. Run defense leaves you wanting more at times. 

Overall: Karlaftis projects as a good–not great–starter with the tools and traits to have standout years. His lack of twitch and length likely prevent him from becoming elite, but we believe he’ll be an early starter and a solid, consistent producer. 

RAS score: 9.2

Pro Comp: Trey Hendrickson

28. WR6 | Christian Watson | North Dakota State 

6’4” | 208 lbs | 4.36 40 | 38.5” vert | 136” broad | 6.96 3C | 4.19 SS

Strengths: Elite, rare height to athleticism ratio that you simply don’t see. Was utilized all over the Bison offense as a deep threat and even a runner out of the backfield. Dominates defensive backs on jump balls where he uses his height, length and leaping ability to make over-the-top plays. A three-time All-Conference player, Watson is also an accomplished kick returner and one of the best run blockers in the 2022 wide receiver class. His athletic traits, ability as a deep threat, and what he’s able to do as a runner with the ball is pushing Watson up draft boards after a slow start.

Weaknesses: Dealt with hamstring injury in 2021 that limited him. Smaller-school dominance but wasn’t tested by NFL-caliber cornerbacks. Raw route-runner who mostly posted-up smaller DBs. Played in a run-heavy offense that hasn’t featured a deep route tree. Focus drops show up consistently on tape. Needs to play with better play strength–notable at the Senior Bowl against press coverage.

Overall: Watson is one of our favorite prospects in this class but he is a developmental wide receiver. With elite traits and fun tape, Watson does project as a future starter in the pros but might be more of a WR2 than a WR1 until his route tree can develop.

RAS score: 9.96

Pro Comp: Donte Moncrief

29. OG1 | Kenyon Green | Texas A&M 

6’4” | 323 lbs | 34 ⅛” arm | 10 ⅜” hand | 5.24 40 - 1.76 10 | 26” vert | 5.12 SS | 20 bench

Strengths: A versatile, experienced three-year starter who has lined up at right guard, left guard, right tackle and left tackle at College Station. A consensus All-American in 2020 and 2021, Green is a Day 1 impact at left tackle with high-end potential. Green is an easy-mover in space who has the power to wash down defensive tackles and the agility to get to the second-level. He’s a very established and accomplished technician in pass and run blocking. Durable, tough, aggressive and consistent are words used to describe his play. Green is a Day 1 starter and a high-impact guard prospect who could potentially start at right tackle. He could become one of the best power blocking guards in football. 

Weaknesses: Holding calls became an issue in 2021 after not being an issue previously. He’s a little too aggressive at times and it causes the penalties, but also lunging over bending in his pass protection. While his functional athleticism is good, his athletic testing was average.

Overall: Green is a very likable prospect with toughness, athleticism, instincts and poise. If we were building an offensive line from this draft class, he would be the starting left guard. 

RAS score: 5.97

Pro Comp: Trai Turner

30. EDGE6 | Boye Mafe | Minnesota 

Strengths: Productive, athletic 4-3 defensive end prospect who has experience rushing from a 6-and-9-technique alignment. Mafe has the quickness in his first step to stun offensive tackles and profiles well as a rookie left defensive end. His upfield burst is his best trait and he counters it well with loose hips and an ability to use a long-arm (length) move. His hand use is NFL-caliber. Very disruptive overall player who has a mean streak and an intensity that’s fun. Mafe has starter traits if he can further develop some of his rush moves and become a better run-defender. Worst case scenario he’s a long-time situational/sub-package rusher–and there is value there.

Weaknesses: Mafe is weak against the run in terms of leverage and instincts, so that part of his game must be developed. Can get caught looking into the backfield and ear-holed by blockers. Must learn to react vs. analyze. Limited starting and snap experience in a heavy rotation at Minnesota.

Overall: A two-year starter at Minnesota, Mafe is still putting together the tools in his shed and learning how to use them. But on the hoof he’s an impressive player from length to burst to natural strength. His motor and intensity on the field are electric. 

RAS score: 9.91

Pro Comp: Dante Fowler, Jr.

31. SAF3 | Jaquan Brisker | Penn State 

6’1 ½” | 206 lbs | 4.43 40 - 1.57 10 | 38 ½” vert | 124” broad | 6.91 3C | 4.19 SS

Strengths: Prototypical NFL safety size and athleticism. Has the ability to play either free or strong safety but his range likely puts him into the playmaker role at free. Physical, tough player. Well-coached and technically sound. Can read-and-react with quickness and isn’t fooled by misdirection. Reads the quarterback and has proven playmaker instincts. Hard hitter who will leave a mark on ball-carriers. Beautiful footwork for a safety. 

Weaknesses: Turns 23 years old the week before the 2022 NFL draft. Shoulder injury in 2021 limited his ability and made him appear hesitant in run support. Shallow angles to the ball and route leave him out of position at times. Can be a reckless tackler who comes in wild and not poised.

Overall: Brisker projects as a rookie starter in a two-or-three-safety rotation. His confidence, football IQ, experience and athletic traits could push him into the late first round.

RAS score: 9.14

Pro Comp: Jordan Poyer

32. CB4 | Andrew Booth Jr. | Clemson 

6’0” | 194 lbs | injury prevented pre-draft timing

Strengths: A big, physical cornerback who excels in man coverage and lives near the line of scrimmage with strong press skills. Booth, when healthy, has exhibited signs of being a lock down corner against very good receivers and in a diverse defensive scheme. Quick, fluid and agile; Booth can mirror and match with the best of them. A physical corner, Booth is the best tackler at the position in this class and does not shy away from contact or the catch point. That tenacity shows up in press and jam situations. 

Weaknesses: Injuries wrecked Booth’s pre-draft process and are a consistent theme in his career. A strained quad kept him from working at the combine or his pro day and had double hernia surgery after it was discovered at the combine medical checks. Missed time in 2021 due to hamstring and stinger injuries. Had right knee surgery in 2020 and had knee issues in high school. On the field, Booth is overly aggressive in coverage and must learn to read and react instead of just reacting. 

Overall: Booth is one of my favorite players in this class and would be rated much higher were it not for pre-draft injuries. If he can stay healthy, he has top-tier cornerback talent in a man coverage scheme.

Pro Comp: Darius Slay

33. QB2 | Kenny Pickett | Pittsburgh 

6’3 ¼” | 217 lbs | 8 ½” hand | 24 years old (Week 1)

Strengths: A four-year starter with 49 career starts, Pickett is an experienced, smart, accurate quarterback prospect who saw his stock ascend in 2021 with a breakout season. Pickett has a compact, smooth throwing motion with a quick release. Catchability is a key word when watching Pickett as he knows where to drop the ball to allow receivers to make a play on it. Doesn’t throw too hot or too cold in terms of velocity. Accuracy is easy to spot and comes to all levels of the field, but particularly on underneath and middle-of-the-field throws. Has some mobility and will get outside the pocket and pick up yards but is not a designed-run type of quarterback. Experience is a key positive and comes with maturity and leadership of a professional. Coaches raved about his aptitude in interviews. Senior Bowl coaches and staff shared similar remarks. 

Weaknesses: An older prospect with historically small hand size, Pickett comes into the NFL as a maxed out prospect. Many scouts have wondered how much better he can become in the pros without a great arm or great mobility. Had a Day 3 grade before 2021 season. Threw more TDs in ‘21 (42) than he had in the last four years combined (39). Gets panicked in the pocket and lets his footwork fall apart. Release felt intentional and slower at the Senior Bowl in poor weather. 38 career fumbles. 

Overall: Pickett has accuracy, experience, and poise but lacks the arm strength or mobility to become a plus-level starter. He does have starter traits but will more likely be limited to what his scheme and supporting cast can add. If drafted into a system with a good offensive line and a timing-based passing game, he could thrive.

RAS score: 9.55

Pro Comp: Kirk Cousins

34. CB5 | Kyler Gordon | Washington 

5’11 ½” | 194 lbs | 31” arm | 4.52 40 | 6.67 3C | 3.96 SS | 39.5” vert | 128” broad

Strengths: Athletic cornerback with easy moving on tape and the ability to match speed for speed in man coverage. Gordon’s tape shows him easily changing direction, accelerating, and quick hip turns from his backpedal into a full-on sprint. Explosive and sudden ability to attack jump balls with an impressive vertical jump. Sweet footwork when chopping it up with underneath routes. Fast and fluid to redirect and adjust in coverage. Has the length and strength to be very effective in jam and press situations. Has the recovery speed to get back into position if he misses at the line of scrimmage. 

Weaknesses: Testing times did not match burst seen on tape in terms of speed. Coverage instincts and awareness are in development and have him getting lost at times. Needs to better time hip and head turns to locate the ball and position himself. Handsy at the route stem. Not a great open field tackler.

Overall: Gordon has all the tools to become a high-end man coverage cornerback, but he needs to slow down his engine at times and better process what’s happening around him. His agility and overall athleticism are near-elite. 

RAS score: 9.69

Pro Comp: Antrel Rolle

35. OG2 | Zion Johnson | Boston College 

6’3” | 312 lbs | 34” arm | 10 ⅝” hand | 5.18 40 | 32” vert | 114” broad | 7.38 3C | 4.46 SS | 32 bench

Strengths: A rare five-year starter after transferring from Davidson to Boston College. Powerful, stout player who has a barrel chest and incredible arm length and hand size. Johnson has elite NFL size but has lost little of his athleticism and remains a very good mover in space. Quick and controlled feet. Has the power to hold up against bull rushes. Strength is a key positive as he anchors in pass protection and walls down in the run game. Smart technician with great hand placement. High football IQ. Two-time team captain with excellent character on and off the field. Worked at center during Senior Bowl week and looked comfortable there.

Weaknesses: Can become a leaner instead of a bender in pass protection and drop his eyes while bending at his back. Has experience at tackle (2020 and 2021) but is definitely a guard prospect due to coordination in space and where he looks most comfortable. 

Overall: Johnson’s work ethic, drive and determination sound like they’re from a Disney film but he’s worked himself from a 220-pound high school senior into one of the best linemen in the country. That, plus his length and athleticism, will make him a successful NFL guard and rookie starter. 

RAS score: 9.75

Pro Comp: Wyatt Teller

36. LB4 | Christian Harris | Alabama 

6’0 ½” | 226 lbs | 4.44 40 - 1.53 10 | 34.5” vert | 132” broad

Strengths: An athletic, active, violent linebacker prospect known for his hard hits and heat-seeking missile style of play. Is only 21 years old despite being a three-year starter at Alabama and was trusted by Nick Saban from the jump. Explosive pulling the chain and running alleys to the backfield. Has the speed to cut down runners in space and is a very aggressive tackler in space. Closing speed is elite. Played safety in high school and still has that agility in space to change directions. Tough, smart, experienced starter with the football IQ to be a three-down player. 

Weaknesses: Can be too aggressive and get caught out of position. Could learn to slow down his urgency and better trust reading his keys. Can get pushed around in the run game when playing from the inside–needs protected by a good defensive line. 

Overall: Harris has the athleticism and football IQ to be a playmaking weakside linebacker in a 4-3 scheme. He’s ideal for a Tampa 2 style scheme and has the tools to be a three-down NFL player. He might not start as a rookie, but will be a nickel defender early with future starting talent. 

RAS score: 9.07

Pro Comp: Deion Jones

37. DT3 | Travis Jones | Connecticut 

6’4” | 325 lbs | 34 ¼” arm | 10 ¼” hand | 4.92 40 | 7.33 3C | 4.58 SS

Strengths: Massive defensive tackle prospect who in 2021 showed the quickness to be an impact in the backfield and potentially a three-down player.  Jumps off the tape with anchor ability in run game–clogs rushing lanes and uses leverage to rock offensive linemen off their feet. Has reactive hands and uses length well. Quickness surprises you and has shown he can impact the passing game as a rusher. Used 2020 canceled season (COVID) to better his game and it showed in final season. Jones has positional versatility with experience at nose tackle and 3-tech. 

Weaknesses: Tape prior to 2021 showed poor pass rushing skills. Didn’t play in 2020 due to canceled season. Shouldn't’ be expected to be a Day 1 pass rush impact and is still coming into his own with pass rush plans and tools. Raw third down player. Could benefit from sticking at one position/alignment and learning how to work that position. 

Overall: A rookie starter candidate, Jones’ athleticism and pass rush skills were greatly improved in 2021 after a year of no games due to Covid. He’s still learning how to use his tools and gifts as a pass rusher, but the sky is the limit for his inside ability. 

RAS score: 9.4

Pro Comp: Dexter Lawrence

38. QB3 | Matt Corral | Ole Miss 

6’1 ⅝” | 212 lbs | 9 ⅝” hand | no testing times | 23 years old 

Strengths: A three-year starter with the arm strength and agility needed at the position, Corral improved greatly from 2020 to 2021 and seemed to grow up on the job. Cut his interceptions from 14 in ‘20 to just five in ‘21 while improving his rushing touchdowns from four to 11. Quick throwing motion and quick feet describe his play. Can dial up deep balls off-platform and has an easy throwing motion. Can reach every level of the field and has a beautiful deep ball. Will pull the ball down and can create as a runner. Excels on RPO passes where he can freeze linebackers and safeties with his dual-threat ability. Trusts his receivers to make plays on the ball. 

Weaknesses: Tossed 11 interceptions during two starts in 2020. Small prospect who plays with reckless abandon outside the pocket. Has a confidence bordering on egotism according to those who have interviewed him. Injured ankle in Sugar Bowl and was carted off the field; later revealed to be a high ankle sprain that kept him from doing agility drills pre-draft. Fumbles seemed to become a bigger issue in 2021 with eight of them. Played in a one-read system and too often missed open opportunities farther down the field and especially deep middle of the field. 

Overall: Corral has the tools of an NFL starter but is very raw in terms of reading an entire field, dealing with pre-snap responsibilities, and his past off-field issues (fights in high school and college) must be dealt with. If he can mature–and he’s already 23 years old–a team could have a starter thanks to his arm strength and mobility. 

Pro Comp: Zach Wilson

39. SAF4 | Jalen Pitre | Baylor 

5’11” | 198 lbs | 4.46 40 | 35” vert | 119” broad | 6.74 3C | 4.15 SS

Strengths: A fifth-year player who started as a true freshman and played linebacker for three seasons before moving to safety (STAR position). He’s a versatile defensive back with the tools to play in the slot cornerback role, post safety or a traditional strong safety position. Pitre is a tough and competitive player in both pass coverage and against the run. Despite being under 200 pounds, he’ll mix it up in the run game coming off the edge and is a great tackler. Can be utilized as a blitzer off the edge, too. Hungry, aggressive in all phases of the game and would be a dynamic special teams performer and third safety prospect.

Weaknesses: The transition from linebacker to essentially slot safety has left Pitre under-developed in coverage. His instincts and awareness, in both man and zone coverage, leave something to be desired. He’ll bite on fakes and double moves and is a liability playing with his back to the quarterback. He did improve these skills in 2021 and could become a better coverage player, but his current skill level is lower than most safeties. 

Overall: Pitre has the goods to be a rookie starter at either slot cornerback or strong safety–in a role similar to Tyrann Mathieu or Antoine Winfield, Jr. The best outlook for him would potentially be as a second-rounder to a more established defense that doesn’t need him to be a jack-of-all-trades right out of the gate. We see him as an immediate contributor and high potential defensive back. 

RAS score: 8.47

Pro Comp: Antoine Winfield, Jr.

40. WR7 | Jahan Dotson | Penn State 

5’10 ⅝” | 178 lbs | 4.43 40 - 1.56 10 | 36” vert | 121” broad | 7.28 3C

Strengths: A four-year starter who projects as a slot receiver in the NFL, Dotson has phenomenal acceleration in both his route tree and with the ball in his hands. He’ll legitimately run away from coverage and did so routinely at Penn State. Quick feet and oily hips allow him to change direction quickly in his route tree. Nuanced route-runner who improved greatly between 2020 and 2021 seasons. Can affect the game as a punt returner. Can play inside or outside but best projects inside the formation. Speed and awareness are very good for a college receiver and point to more NFL-readiness than some of his counterparts.

Weaknesses: Dotson’s combine performance didn’t match his reputation as a suped-up speed threat. Lacks play strength and will get pushed around if asked to play outside vs. press coverage. Doesn’t run through traffic well and will get rubbed off his route. Doesn’t make people miss in space and plays timid at times with the ball in his hands. Disappears on contested catches.

Overall: Dotson has the speed and instincts to excel in the right scheme, but if asked or expected to be a primary target on the outside of the formation he’ll need help getting open on a diverse route tree. He should be seen as a slant/vertical threat. 

RAS score: 6.34

Pro Comp: Tyler Lockett

41. OT5 | Tyler Smith | Tulsa 

6’6” | 332 lbs | 34” arms | 10 ¾” hand | 5.02 40 | 27.5” vert | 105” broad | 7.78 3C | 4.65 SS

Strengths: Powerful, intimidating offensive tackle who mauls defenders and plays with a legitimate mean streak. Power to push the pile in the run game. Locks into defenders and drives them way away from the action. Raw blocker who wins with power and agility over technique but has upside to improve hands and become an elite blocker. When he’s moving downhill, he’s like a runaway 18-wheeler moving defenders out of the path. Has the potential to be an elite run blocker. 

Weaknesses: Penalties are a massive problem with Smith, who had 16 of them in 2021 alone. Very undisciplined with his hands and is sometimes too aggressive with post-snap activities. Feet are unbalanced and leads to him losing battles against players that aren’t his athletic match. Needs a ground-up rebuild of his pass protection technique. 

Overall: Smith is being projected as a potential right tackle, but we love his ability at guard too. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see him at guard first while he learns to clean up his technique and then moves outside to right tackle. 

RAS score: 8.77

Pro Comp: Taylor Moton

42. EDGE7 | Nik Bonitto | Oklahoma 

6’3” | 248 lbs | 32 ½” arm | 9 ⅜” hand | 4.54 40 - 1.53 10 | 35 ½” vert | 120” broad | 7.07 3C | 4.23 SS

Strengths: Three-year starter with speed rush ability to impact the game on Day 1 of his NFL career. Bonitto (18.5 career sacks) was productive rushing off the edge of the OU defense thanks to initial quickness and a high football IQ. Has the quickness to stun blockers but also brings a refined shoulder dip to get underneath the hands of tackles and a quality spin move. Plays with quick feet in space and can stutter-step tackles to set up counters. A stand-up rusher off the edge, Bonitto might be a third-down rusher early in his career. 

Weaknesses: Shorter arms and doesn’t play with much length or lower body power. Needs to add much better overall play power to disengage from NFL-caliber blockers. Even in the Big 12 he struggled to disengage once blockers got hands on him. When it comes to play power, Bonitto is overall lacking and it affects his ability to counter blockers. 

Overall: A potential third-down rusher or 3-4 outside linebacker, Bonitto has quickness and is smart about his pass rush moves. What he lacks is the overall power to be an impact against the run or when tackles match his speed. 

RAS score: 9.37

Pro Comp: Dee Ford

43. WR8 | Skyy Moore | Western Michigan 

5’9 ⅝” | 195 lbs | 10 ¼” hand | 4.41 40 - 1.46 10 | 34 ½” vert | 125” broad | 7.13 3C | 4.32 SS

Strengths: Three-year starter who brings speed and toughness on underneath routes to the pros. Is quicker than fast but has very good short-area quickness, body control and runs with power in a stout frame. Will bounce off tacklers and makes a ton of plays post-contact to go with great YAC ability. Has experience playing in the slot but also outside receiver and he does have the play power to run through contact and beat press coverage. Moore has some of the strongest hands in the draft.

Weaknesses: Built like a deep threat but doesn’t play like one with just okay deep speed and poor explosiveness off the line of scrimmage. Doesn’t exactly separate with speed on underneath (slant, drag) routes and has more contested catches on tape than most slot receivers have. Was a one-year wonder in terms of production in a scheme very friendly to slot receivers. 

Overall: Moore is a blast to watch and has the quickness and power to be an impactful slot receiver from Day 1. He’s also among the most reliable receivers in the draft from a hands perspective. He projects best as a slot receiver where he has the tools to be very productive.

RAS score: 7.59

Pro Comp: DJ Moore

44. OT6 | Bernhard Raimann | Central Michigan 

6’6” | 303 lbs | 5.05 40 - 1.70 10 | 32 ⅞” arm | 10 ¼” hand | 30 ½” vert | 117” broad | 7.34 3C | 4.32 SS

Strengths: Athletic left tackle prospect who was raised in Austria and has only played American football for 10 years; was a tight end until 2020 season and has the athleticism to match. Quick and agile mover who can match pass-rushers and get to the edge with speed. Moves like a former tight end and can mirror with ideal traits. Has heavy hands and strikes with good timing to make up for lack of length. Natural athleticism shines through his tape. He has the agility, body control and awareness to become a high-end starter in the NFL with time. After allowing just one sack in college, Raimann has impressed with his pre-draft process from the Senior Bowl up through private workouts. Teams believe his arrow is pointing straight up. 

Weaknesses: Older prospect who will turn 25 years old in September of rookie season. Arm length is on the short end and close to the NFL threshold (32”). Has only played 18 games at left tackle in his career. Strength and technique are still very raw and need work. Lacks lower body to anchor against bull rushers and to even clear out in the run game. Much better in pass pro than run game currently. 

Overall: An upside prospect who has some very bad film out there but also has the athleticism and work ethic to become a much better player through coaching and repetition. While he’s an older prospect, he’s also very new to the position and has considerable athletic upside to think he’ll become a better player with time. A patient team could turn Raimann into one of the draft’s steals. 

RAS score: 9.87

Pro Comp: Brian O'Neill

45. SAF5 | Lewis Cine | Georgia 

6’2” | 199 lbs | 4.37 40 - 1.45 10 | 36 ½” vert | 133” broad

Strengths: Hits harder than woodpecker lips coming downhill from the free safety position. An immigrant from Haiti, Cine was the No. 7 recruit in Texas and an immediate impact as an early-enrollee at Georgia starting in two games and playing in all 14 as a freshman. A two-year starter since, Cine is has free safety range and speed with a strong safety mentality. Easy mover and clean click-and-close ability to change direction. Smart and disciplined in coverage. Very physical with excellent burst that leads to dangerous closing speed for receivers. Cine is just scratching the surface of what he can become thanks to his athletic gifts and physical mentality.

Weaknesses: Will turn 23 years old as a rookie. Relies on speed to cover up coverage lapses. Likes to leave cushions to tempt quarterbacks to throw–which can be a bad idea in the pros. Lack of ideal size at under 200 pounds with a reckless style of play that could lead to injuries in the NFL. 

Overall: Cine is a playmaker on the ball with the speed to impact a defense over the top as a free safety prospect. He had just two interceptions in college, though, something scouts have remarked about. We love his speed and toughness and think he’ll be a long-time starter. 

RAS score: 9.92

Pro Comp: John Johnson III

46. EDGE8 | David Ojabo | Michigan 

6’4” | 250 lbs | 33 ½” arm | 4.55 40 - 1.59 10 | 35” vert | 122” broad | 4.45 SS

Strengths: Redshirt sophomore entry who will be 20 years old on draft weekend. Juiced up, fast, explosive athlete who uses first-step quickness and arm length to not only separate from blockers but get into the face of quarterbacks. A smart, heady player who will look to disrupt quarterbacks if he can’t complete the sack. An ascending player who as a one-year starter balanced the Michigan defense opposite Aidan Hutchinson with 11 sacks and 12 tackles for loss. Physical player with the tools to dip, rip, and spin to get to the quarterback. Overall, Ojabo is one of the best athletes at the position in this draft and has the tools (if healthy) to be an elite outside rusher. 

Weaknesses: Tore his Achilles during Michigan’s pro day workout. Just one year of production and it came opposite the nation’s best pass-rusher. Wins with quickness and length over refined pass-rush tools. Hasn’t learned to string together moves yet and gets bogged down if blockers meet his first step. Moves like a basketball or soccer player over a football player at times and could stand to be more assertive. 

Overall: Ojabo was playing like a top 15 pick until his injury in March. The timeline to return from an Achilles pushes him down our board, but if he can return to form he has the athleticism and potential to be a steal in this draft. 

RAS score: 9.39

Pro Comp: Josh Sweat

47. RB2 | Kenneth Walker III | Michigan State 

5’9” | 211 lbs | 4.38 40 - 1.50 10 | 34” vert | 122” broad

Strengths: A powerful, inside-outside runner with natural vision and an easy running style. Walker transfered from Wake Forest and had an immediate impact on the Michigan State offense. He has the body type with lower body power to run through contact and the balance to keep his footing. He’s ideal for a zone blocking scheme and can eat on inside rushes but has run-away speed, too. Run a 4.38-timed 40 at the combine. Has limited wear-and-tear after being a one-year starter. 

Weaknesses: Walker hasn’t flashed in the passing game and will need to prove his ability there. He does run away from defenders on tape but doesn’t have awesome twitchiness in his game that translates to missed tackles. He’s a linear athlete that doesn’t create much laterally. One-year wonder questions will persist given lack of starting experience in the past.

Overall: Walker is an ascending running back prospect with the rushing traits to be an NFL starter. He’s poised, patient and has pro-level vision. His speed makes him a threat in the outside rushing game and when he clears the second level. He should be a rookie starter. 

RAS score: 9.26

Pro Comp: Kareem Hunt

48. EDGE9 | Arnold Ebiketie | Penn State 

6’2” | 250 lbs | 34 ⅛” arm | 10 ¼” hand | 21 bench | 38” vert | 128” broad

Strengths: Speedy pass-rusher prospect with good length (despite being 6’2”) and the first-step quickness to beat blockers off the edge. Quick and twitchy out of his stance. Uses hands with quickness and power to disengage/create space. Can bend and flatten to the quarterback. Poised rusher with savvy body movements to set up counter moves. 

Weaknesses: Lean body type with undersized height and weight despite good length. Doesn’t have play power to break free from blockers once they get their hands on him. Hips are a little tight in space. Could project as a 3-4 outside linebacker but lacks pass coverage experience and is light versus the run. 

Overall: Ebiketie is an outside rusher prospect that projects as a rookie rotational player who can develop into a three-down starter. If he can add play power and work on his ability to disengage with strength, he could be an intriguing Wide 9 pass-rusher and third down weapon.

RAS score: 9.13

Pro Comp: Samson Ebukam

48. QB4 | Desmond Ridder | Cincinnati 

6’3” | 211 lbs | 10” hand | 4.52 40 | 36” vert | 7.15 3C | 4.29 SS | 22 years old at draft

Strengths: A four-year starter with 49 career starts, Ridder brings incredible experience to the position. His pre-snap ability to read and slide protections makes him uniquely qualified in this class of passers. Ridder has running ability with 4.5-timed speed and experience on tape as a designed runner and scrambler. He’s savvy reading the field and works through progressions to find the open receiver. Teams rave about his character, work ethic and leadership. He has confidence in his abilities and has worked to improve his game. Elevated the Cincinnati program with his play. Mechanics are clean and footwork is consistent. Has a fast, easy throwing motion. Can hold defenders with his eyes. 

Weaknesses: Ridder’s accuracy issues plague his tape. He has developed as a passer but there are too many instances where he air-mails passes. Ridder is frenetic in the pocket when pressured and rushes his process. Alabama tape showed too many batted passes at the line of scrimmage. Looks scared in the pocket at times. His arm strength is just okay and there are times he passes up opportunities that he’s not confident his arm will reach. 

Overall: Ridder’s accuracy issues and frenetic play in the pocket limit his upside. If those can be fixed, he has the arm and mobility to be a threat in the NFL. Scheme will be key to his future as he’d be best in a system that will utilize him as a runner. 

RAS score: 9.61

Pro Comp: Ryan Tannehill

49. CB6 | Kaiir Elam | Florida 

6’1 ½” | 191 lbs | 30 ⅞” arm | 8 ⅞” hand | 4.39 40

Strengths: Height-weight-speed corner prospect started for three seasons, including one as a true freshman. He’s a tough, instinctive cornerback prospect with the speed to run with NFL receivers. Excels at the line of scrimmage to play in press situations. Poised, balanced, confident in coverage. Has quick hip turns and the feet to mirror-and-match. Attacks contested catches. Doesn’t get caught peeking into the backfield and trusts his technique. Fluid movements throughout underneath and intermediate routes. Solid tackler when coming up to play the ball in the run and pass game. 

Weaknesses: Missed three games in 2021 due to knee injury. Plays too confidently and will give up leverage and space in the route. Has the skills to press and jam, but is lazy with his technique at times. Gets very handsy at the route stem if he’s a step behind the man. Wish he played stronger given his size.

Overall: Elam has the athletic traits to project as a starting NFL cornerback and could excel on the outside in man coverage. His only issues on tape come from overconfidence that results in a loss of technique and timing. 

RAS score: 8.63

Pro Comp: Carlton Davis

50. SAF6 | Bryan Cook | Cincinnati 

6’0 ¾” | 206 lbs | 31 ⅞” arm | 8 ½” hand

Strengths: Three years of starting experience after starting his college career at Howard before transferring to Cincinnati. Former no-star recruit who worked his way up the ladder and finished as a First Team All-AAC player in 2021. Is a tough and instinctive free safety prospect who will lay the wood as a hitter. Confident and agile in his movements with quick feet. Flashes the hands to break up passes and flip the field with INTs. Football IQ and experience show up with quick read-and-react ability. 

Weaknesses: Shoulder injury limited his pre-draft process. Cook didn’t start at Cincinnati until 2021 and sat out the 2019 season due to transfer rules. Over-pursuit leads to losing leverage and mis-timing his jumps on routes. Double-moves will get him biting as will savvy quarterbacks who manipulate the field with their eyes. Twitchy underneath routes can cause him to take poor angles to the ball. Didn’t test in pre-draft process.

Overall: Cook looks like a future NFL captain with his leadership, confidence, work ethic and a personality coaches raved about. His play is pretty good, too. He has the toughness, instincts and quickness to be a high-level starter. 

Pro Comp: Darnell Savage

• Like 1