2022 NFL Draft

HoosierCat

My personal wish list:

Karlaftis (would be a dream if he fell)
Zion Johnson ( i just don't think they will take a G at 31 unfortunately b/c if he falls to 31 he's perfect)
Daxton Hill
Kaiir Elam
Linderbaum
Ediketie
Logan Hall
Devonte Wyatt
Cine
Booth
Kenyon Greene
Gordon

Booth (lack of testing/injury flags) and Wyatt (age and off-field flags) push them lower on my wish list.

41 minutes ago, membengal said:

My personal wish list:

Karlaftis (would be a dream if he fell)
Zion Johnson ( i just don't think they will take a G at 31 unfortunately b/c if he falls to 31 he's perfect)
Daxton Hill
Kaiir Elam
Linderbaum
Ediketie
Logan Hall
Devonte Wyatt
Cine
Booth
Kenyon Greene
Gordon

Booth (lack of testing/injury flags) and Wyatt (age and off-field flags) push them lower on my wish list.

Are you not concerned by Elam's poor tape and PFF grade last year?

Every year Elam's grade has decreased, on tape he bites on double moves and gets wrong footed in what looks to be a lack of preparation.  Elam to me has all the signs of a guy that survives on his athletic ability which does not translate in the NFL.  Give me Gordon 10/10 over Elam, in Gordon you get a guy who gets better each and every season is known to be highly intelligent and a football junkie...that to me is worth .2 of a second on a 40 time.

Prisco with his annual "what teams should do" mock. For the Bengals:

Trent McDuffie CB

WASHINGTON • SOPH • 5'11" / 193 LBS

They brought back Eli Apple on a one-year deal, but they need to get a long-term solution to go with Chidobe Awuzie and Mike Hilton. They could add another offensive lineman here, but McDuffie is the pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/priscos-what-teams-should-do-2022-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-pick-desmond-ridder-no-malik-willis-in-round-1/

52 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Are you not concerned by Elam's poor tape and PFF grade last year?

Every year Elam's grade has decreased, on tape he bites on double moves and gets wrong footed in what looks to be a lack of preparation.  Elam to me has all the signs of a guy that survives on his athletic ability which does not translate in the NFL.  Give me Gordon 10/10 over Elam, in Gordon you get a guy who gets better each and every season is known to be highly intelligent and a football junkie...that to me is worth .2 of a second on a 40 time.

no. His PFF grades were fantastic the two prior years and he was grading great up to the Alabama game when he got hurt. He played hurt after that and his PFF grade went down.  Elam's game grades were really good prior. Disagree. Elam over Gordon for me. 

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I knew Booth had an injury concern and recall TJ mentioning, but had no idea the extent of his injury history.

I'm going to go ahead and pass on Booth at this point.  Too much risk for a first round pick.

right

best abiility is availability

dont want to paying r1 pick money to a player sitting in the trainer's room

I think a good comparison for Kaiir Elam might actually be Dre Kirkpatrick. That sounds bad, but I don't intend it as such. I think he might have some similar shortcomings, but he offers a higher ceiling and showed a lot of good things against top-end SEC receivers when he was healthy.

Expanding on that comparison because I am bored:

Elam first / Kirkpatrick second (given draft profiles as of 2012 and 2022):

Draft year: Junior / Junior
Height: 6-1.5" / 6-2"
Weight: 191 lbs / 186 lbs
Hand size: 8.88" / 9.5"
Arms: 30.88" / 30.63"
40 time: 4.39 / 4.50 (4.40 low)
Vertical jump: 37.5" / 35"
Three-cone: 6.98 / 7.20

Kirkpatrick didn't get many other measurements due to a dinged shoulder. They are remarkably close though. Elam has a decent advantage on the speed/agility metrics.

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
·
11m
How I'd stack the Bengals options at 31 (using consensus rankings range 20-40)

1) Tyler Linderbaum
2) George Karlaftis
3) Kaiir Elam
4) Zion Johnson
5) Kyler Gordon
6) Dax Hill
7) Arnold Ebiketie
8) Lewis Cine
9) Kenyon Green
10) Nakobe Dean

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stripes said:

I think a good comparison for Kaiir Elam might actually be Dre Kirkpatrick. That sounds bad, but I don't intend it as such. I think he might have some similar shortcomings, but he offers a higher ceiling and showed a lot of good things against top-end SEC receivers when he was healthy.

Dre has 119 NFL games.   A lot of snaps on playoff units.   Not putting him in the HOF but it’s not hard to find worse former 1st round CBs.  

10+ year career and counting I think.