Week 1: Vikings @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

So the Vikes finished the preseason 0-3 and looked more or less like dogshit. But they were missing a bunch of starters. It will be interesting to see who plays in Cincy. But bottom line this seems winnable.

https://www.startribune.com/vikings-complete-winless-preseason-in-loss-at-kansas-city/600091727/

It really does look winnable.  I watched some of the vikes/chiefs game, Zimmer’s guys looked uninspired.  Unfortunately, he has the ability to get the best out of guys, especially the defense.

That we are even looking at this game as winnable is a step forward for our Bengals.  Now they need to go out and do it.

• Like 1

From Hobson, players to watch on the injury front after the Miami game.

When it comes to injuries from Sunday, there are a few concerns. Edge Khalid Kareem, who missed the first two games with a shoulder issue, apparently hurt the other one after knocking down a pass and getting a sack in his first three snaps. Rookie center Trey Hill replaced starter Trey Hopkin after those first three snaps and suffered a groin injury late in the first half and is going to be re-evaluated Monday. Tight end Mitchell Wilcox left with a concussion.

Wide receiver Tee Higgins is fine, he just didn't dress Sunday because he came up tight late in Thursday's practice and he wasn't getting the ball on Sunday's first three snaps. Rookie D'Ante Smith, who backed up both right and left guard Sunday, got moved on a third-and-two run late in the game and stayed in the game even though he came up with a limp. But he looked OK walking out of the locker room.

The Bengals' are, still, on paper, better than they were last season, at least going into the season.  I am holding onto that.  The Waynes' and Ossai thing sucks, 2 players they could really use, at least they "should" get Waynes back early in the season.

Good with no COVID positives of course, hope that holds, I think COVID is going to cause some problems this season, especially early on, the Cowboys are already losing at least one of their starters Sunday because of it.  And after the fireworks tonight downtown, I suspect a whole lot of it going around by next weekend here.    

• Like 1