2021 Training Camp and Pre-season News and Chatter

membengal

Here’s the list he mentions:

Placed OT Hakeem Adeniji, P Drue Chrisman, DE Wyatt Hubert and DE Cam Sample on the Active/Non-Football Injury list.

Placed WR Riley Lees and DT Renell Wren on the Active/Physically Unable to Perform list.

Placed HB Pooka Williams on the Active/Non-Football Illness list.

All indications are Bates is next. 

Some Hobs notes of note:

https://www.bengals.com/news/reports...or-camp-opener

---Hopkins not on PUP list so he also may be readier earlier than people were thinking after the Reiter visit and the signing of that ex-Cardinals C surfaced;

---Reader also not on the initial PUP list means he is ready to practice right away as well

---notes that rookie D-lineman Sample (on the NFI list) is "believed to be back soon" but apparently more up in the air on Hubert and rookie punter (bummed on Hubert)

Also from that Hobs article (Hubbard on Burrow):

"I've seen him in the gym every day this offseason. Nobody is working harder," Hubbard said of his close friend from their Ohio State days. "It doesn't surprise me that he's ready to go. He's been amazing and it's been because of how much discipline he has and how much work he puts in."

The news about Hubbard, Reader, and Hopkins are all good things and make me a bit happier, though I wont be surprised if the latter two still dont get playing time the first few weeks as they take it slow

I know I am the only guy on here who really cares about special teamers (look to the left) :-) but the Crisman injury is very worrisome to me as Huber (love this guy) is nearing eligibility for social security

I guess Wren is done for good.  He's never healthy.

The two rookie DEs both looked to see actual time on defensive snaps so I hope they can return.....not sure about eligibility to return from these NFI lists?

Who is the probable PR/KR with all these new guys who were working those spots getting injured?  Brandon Wilson and.....?

jake and James have Callahan on the Locked On pod that dropped last evening. it's 45 minutes or so - I heard about half on my way into work - it's quite good:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bengals-oc-brian-callahan-talks-offense-ahead-training/id1159723162?i=1000529978031