Yes, the Bengals Actually Are Snakebit

HoosierCat

Holy shit we get our own couple paragraphs in there.  Worst team in the last ten years in terms of impact of injuries.  

Also that first round draft pick thing is discouraging.  If I were running the Bengals I’d look hard at everything - training staff, the turf, medical staff, how they warm up, everything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Shit, man, you had me scared that we lost someone important to a terrible knitting accident or something, 

There’s still time…

3 hours ago, membengal said:

I opened this thread in a panic , joisey.

It’s the headline writer in me. Used to drive my editor nuts…then I became the editor and drove the readers nuts.

3 hours ago, COB said:

Holy shit we get our own couple paragraphs in there.  Worst team in the last ten years in terms of impact of injuries.  

Also that first round draft pick thing is discouraging.  If I were running the Bengals I’d look hard at everything - training staff, the turf, medical staff, how they warm up, everything.

Yeah, the things about injuries being basically random and the Bengals consistently getting hit badly by them are…in some tension. If I were in charge it’s definitely something I’d want to look into.

I think it is playing surface and what they are practicing on.  Burrow raves about how good the training staff is, so if we are to believe him then it almost has to be the turf they play on.  Most of it is lower leg injuries, knees, ankles, though Jonah Williams was a shoulder....

It is also odd that we can pick guys like Jonah Williams or Billy Price who never missed a game in college due to injury and when they get to the Bengals poof, brittle as glass.

• Like 1

You...might be on to something there. Two of the three  worst seasons listed are 2018 and 2020, and the Bengals installed new fake turf prior to...the 2018 season.

https://www.bengals.com/news/new-turf-being-installed-at-paul-brown-stadium-20624323

A minute of googling didn't reveal any immediate issues with the Shaw turf and maybe (probably?) it's just coincidence, but still, I'd take a look at it.