2021 Off-season OTA/Mini-Camp Stuff

membengal

All good. I have no complaints.

Except for the TEEF

mem not talking about the TEEF just shows how he’s a PAID OFF SHILL!

I’m onto you mem!

We are doomed cause of TEEF!

On this board, we are gonna practice good message board discipline and not follow stupid reddit shit and/or Ben Baby trolling down various dumbass rabbit holes. Eyes on the prize. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

*Bengals fans furiously dig through their cognitive closets looking for something to complain about*

Good offseason.

I am beyond delighted with the positivity. 100% attendance at OTAs is a tangible bit of evidence that the leadership from Burrow, Bates, and Hubbard and others has taken hold. Add on the positive injury recovery news across the board and, pandemic winding down, and normal stuff returning, and, well, yeah. So fucking good.

Also, shit like this from the teams' social media account...

TJ, for fucksake, NO TEAM keeps a developmental long-snapper around - we were kinda breaking ground w/ Godsil. And that was because of Covid. So, what you are fretting over, that's not a thing. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. 

There is some good news.

I bought a pickup truck at Matthew’s Ford in Heath, Ohio, in 2004.  I shrewdly negotiated an 8 year power train warranty (normally only a 5 year warranty), and a lifetime supply of long snappers (normally no long snappers were included with the truck).  

So the Bengals are covered, thanks to me.  And that somewhat naive salesman.  

• Like 1

This off-season has so far put a real spring in my step. Which, given that they are 6-25-1 in the last two years and last year went sideways because of, well, (waves hand at the November ‎game in DC) is probably somewhat surprising. But here's what's got me feeling pretty good:‎
‎ ‎
‎ 1. Joe Burrow's recovery. Every single pic, report, tweet, etc., where it become clearer and clearer he really is ahead of schedule, is like a hit of pure oxygen to my fan soul. ‎
‎ ‎
‎ 2. Joe Burrow's apparently somehow getting stronger and adding velocity this past off-season while he was rehabbing from his knee exploding. That's just.. that's amazing. ‎
‎ ‎
‎ 3. The new player leadership‎ and 100% attendance at OTAs. Change starts with the obvious stuff, and showing up and working en masse and stating that is in large part because of how ****ty their record has been, well, that's welcome recognition from the players that change starts with buy-in.

4. Burrow's obvious support of ZT. Look, I don't know that anyone is all that fired up about ZT. He hasn't given us a ton of reason to be, (and I can't memory hole his wanting Turner), but, JoeyB has his back. I mean, he REALLY has his back (the Cris Collinsworth pod was a real eye-opener). If JoeyB is that bought into ZT and the offensive coaches, then I can allow myself some room for hope.

5. By the same token, I have no confidence in LouA, but Hubbard and Bates sure seem to, AND, they were able to bring in a ton of free agents. LouA must be selling something of interest to get that buy-in. Color me intrigued and a little hopeful.

6. I am unashamedly a Ja'Marr Chase fan - was early on team Chase - and am thrilled to see him here. The offense has a chance to be dynamic.

7. I am super intrigued with the arrival of Reilly Reiff. This o-line needed a vet voice and leader, I suspect, on top of better coaching. I think he's arrived and is at RT.

8. Sweet god, I am even happy we are swinging for the fences at kicker.

9. Also, CJ Uzomah makes me laugh. I am glad he's back.

There's more, but I will stop there - for now. 

I had a bunch of long snappers in a storage space but my ex-wife stopped paying the monthly bill and didn’t tell me so we’re out of luck on that front so let’s all hope like hell Clark Harris stays healthy or Brad St. Louis decides to PED himself back into shape for one last ride on the dragon.  

• Like 1

From that same article - this is a great quote and a source of hope:

"I did a decent job of playing defensively, playing to not get beat and not to get beat very often," Williams says. "But I don't think I did a very good job of being more aggressive and bringing the fight to the defense. I was playing more reactionary. That's the thing I'm working on this year. Being more aggressive. Bringing the fight to them."

Yes. YES. Yes. About time. Our line has done way to much reacting for too long. Time to set some terms. 

• Like 1