Round 6 Pick 1/2: Trey Hill, C, Georgia

TDN:

Trey Hill played center for the Bulldogs' offense. He has started games aligning at guard as well. In the run game, he comes off the ball hard. He is heavy at the point of attack and plays with good natural leverage. As a result, he is hard to bull rush. Although he plays with very good power in a phone booth, his limited agility shows when he has to move and engage. This is at the second level with regards to run blocking, and also when he has to be reactive to games as a pass blocker. He’s somewhat heavy-footed and probably best suited at guard where he can focus on his run or pass blocking. 

Ideal Role: Swing interior OL.

Scheme Fit: Power running scheme.

From what little I’ve read he was actually pretty well regarded in 2019 but got fat and sloppy last year and sank his stock. If they can get him into shape they might have something but yeah, I’m not counting on it.

Ooooo, they are WAY higher on him i had previously guessed. HTPG piece on him was about 51 minutes in - said he is way more explosive on tape than it showed on his pro day because he was still limited at his pro day following the twin meniscus cleanups. Said that a scout’s note that they got from talking to staff at Georgia is that he can dunk at his 330 pounds - that his ability to explode up out of the snap and win angles is noteworthy. They see him as being able to play either G spots or C.

Frankly, hearing that piece made me move Jordan to even more endangered

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Ooooo, they are WAY higher on him i had previously guessed. HTPG piece on him was about 51 minutes in - said he is way more explosive on tape than it showed on his pro day because he was still limited at his pro day following the twin meniscus cleanups. Said that a scout’s note that they got from talking to staff at Georgia is that he can dunk at his 330 pounds - that his ability to explode up out of the snap and win angles is noteworthy. They see him as being able to play either G spots or C.

Frankly, hearing that piece made me move Jordan to even more endangered

And Price though I do believe Billy Price will be on the roster this year, Trey Hill is our center of the future

It sure felt like it, Wraith, hearing Potts talk. And, like, sooner than I might have guessed. Yeah, Price maybe endangered too. Had been thinking he was safe with uncertainty over Hopkins, but perhaps not depending on how quickly Hill picks stuff up.