Round 3 Pick: Joseph Ossai, LB, Texas

HoosierCat

Yeah as really think that he can be in the 304 there. And in the knowing he can really be there for years to come. 24 Games starting is like two and a half years he was in college.

Milton Williams did not make it to r4. 

Meinerz and Spencer Brown might.  James Hudson possibly as well.   Maybe.

since we did not get our second OL yet, my household appliances are depending on the first pick of r4 to be OL, and since Carman is IOL despite playing OT at Clemson, this guy has to be a OT

my dream of Humphrey or Meinerz is out the freakin window :-(

I do find it interesting that this DE is best known to some of us as a guy who got the hell beat out of him by another guy that many of us wanted at 38 - Teven Jenkins

5 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Joisey, dont forget to put those 3 round 4 topics up :-)

Just waiting to make sure they don’t trade up. I’ll put one up tho, they probably wouldn’t deal them all, surely?

Ossai had social media buzzing on Thursday after blazing a 4.63-second 40 at 256 pounds. He also wowed with a 41.5-inch vertical jump and broad jump of 10 feet, 11 inches. Brooks' No. 3 outside linebacker in this year's draft, Ossai certainly gave NFL evaluators reason to go back and take another look at his game tape.

51 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

“The pass by  QB Joe Burrow is batted and... intercepted by OLB Joseph Ossai!  The Longhorns have a good time to take the lead!”

(At long last, 4 years of high school French followed by 3 years of college French have paid off big time, just like my dad always told me it would)

(Also - if you were taking shop and study hall while I was killing myself in French class you can just install a free translation app on your phone and interpret it faster and more accurately than I can.  Thanks dad, you were always so right about everything!)

• Thanks 1

several players I would have preferred here

OT Brady Christiansen

OT Spencer Brown

OG Wyatt Davis

OG Kendrick Green

that said, I acknowlege the need at DE.......but as I said many times before the draft, I expected the picks at 38 and 69 to both be pass blockers for New Guy in order to be ok with the Chase pick at 5

well, that didnt happen

I like Ossai, I really do.......gimme a lineman and all that.......but the pick here imo needed for New Guy's sake to be an OFFENSIVE lineman, not a DL