Round 2 Pick: Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson

HoosierCat

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think this proved out that the draft strategy we have been talking about for the last month or so was the right one.  This BTW also means a damn good olinemen will be there in the third if we want to double dip

Yup.

Chase + Jenkins would be possibly their best value haul in the first two rounds since I started following religiously in the early ‘00s (at least given how I feel about those players on draft day).

Chase + Cosmi wouldn’t be far behind.

Chase + Eichenberg was my most optimistic projection when round one started.

If they just take the damned lineman, we’re going to be set.

Landon Dickerson is the high risk/high reward player starring at them.

I would pass.   Too much personnel injury history and too much recent history with Bama players missing the first year.

The Sweet spot is finding a long term RT candidate that can help them upgrade RG.  Improve depth across that line this year.

6 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Can Jenkins play Guard? 

Yes. For sure. He’s played G and T at okie state. He’s a perfect candidate for G this year and slide out to T when Reiff moves on.

• Like 1

Let me pose this, what will stop the Bengals' from drafting Azeez Ojulari if he's still there? (kind of doubting it but who knows) Especially if Jenkins and/or another top OL or two are gone?

I almost think you take that opp and draft your RG in the 3rd if the top 2-3 OL candidates are gone.

6 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Let me pose this, what will stop the Bengals' from drafting Azeez Ojulari if he's still there? (kind of doubting it but who knows) Especially if Jenkins and/or another top OL or two are gone?

I almost think you take that opp and draft your RG in the 3rd if the top 2-3 OL candidates are gone.

I think Ojulari goes to Atlanta so that would prevent him from falling to us.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think Ojulari goes to Atlanta so that would prevent him from falling to us.

yeah no way he likely makes it to 38, but if he somehow did...not sure how you pass him up given the need here still (I know they want another Edge guy) .  I'd also be surprised if Jenkins did.  Cosmi or Radunz would be fine there. 

1 hour ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

He’s supposedly high on Bengals list.  Dude on radio said strong possibility.  

1 hour ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Almost too much to ask.  He’d replace Lawson with little drop off.  In fact he looks like he’d be one of the best players on our defense immediately.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

You know I’ve been an Eichenberg proponent here for awhile - would like.

either Jenkins , Eichenberg or Cosmi and I am deighted.

Jenkins, Cosmi, or Humphrey for me.   In that order of preference. 

Eichenberg or Mayfield wouldnt be optimal, but OK. 

Dont like Radunz, Little, or Dickerson (injury risk only) at 38.

r3 pick needs to be OL as well.  Praying for Meinerz to fall to us there.