2020 NFL Playoffs Thread

TJJackson

Fox has their guys at halftime back in LA, standing outside talking about the game.  I don’t know if it’s the format or what, but Howie Long looks and sounds bored out of his mind.  No enthusiasm, no excitement nothing.  Bradshaw and Strahan at least try to pump it up a little.  Howie is a completely empty vessel at this point.

I am hearing Mahomes has a concussion.......that could certainly keep him out of net week's game.

Again, part of me is sad about this but I do want the Bills in the Superbowl instead of KC (again) so there's that

I am torn between the Saints and Tampa.  Both have won superbowls.  Brees has family in Cincinnati and I kinda hate Tom Brady in the Superbowl so gimme the Saints

Saints - Bills Superbowl.  I like it.

Probably a network's dream IF Mahomes plays.       The trend or the old saying defense wins championships is going to  be challenged.

3 of 4 teams feature Head Coaches with offensive back grounds

All 4 remaining teams have high profile WR talent. (It used to be viewed as not a necessity for top WR talent)

All 4 teams have a top QB (3 of 4 first rounders, the 4th is an all time Draft Steal)

It will be interesting to see the team's hiring Defensive back ground head coaches this offseason and how they do going forward.

Media is sooooooo tiresome.     Did you know?   On NFL Good Morning Football.... Buffalo Bills don't lose in the AFC Championship game, really?

Could have sworn they did.   Could have sworn they complained to the league office about a no huddle.

Maybe it was another team?   Could have sworn David Fulcher sealed the game against the Bills by intercepting Jim Kelly in the endzone. 

What's worse is Nate  is co-host on CBS with the QB of that Bengals team. 

I saw that piece. It wasn't about that. It was actually pretty well done. Brandt's point was people focus on the Bills' four straight Super Bowl losses - he instead chose to do a piece highlighting that they won 4 straight AFC titles - something that has never been done. I kind of appreciated his positive look at it. Their dominance from 1990-1993 gets shit on because of the Super Bowl losses but those were good teams. 

It is kind of like people focusing on the 5 straight playoff losses for the Bengals from 2011-2015 - which, fair - but on the flip side - they made five straight playoffs. 

• Like 1

Was a very good era of Buffalo Bills football.    It’s sad because Bengals went opposite direction. Beat that team twice in 88. 

Bengals were beat up when they got to divisional round in 1991 and lost to Raiders. 

Always wonder what would have happened if the Bills ever got the rematch. 

They crushed the Raiders with no Bo. 

Tampa is a complete team.   About a good as defense can play in the playoffs given this day and age of rules favoring offense.    Tom Brady is an all time great.   Played a great first half but a bum second half.

IMO,  there's too much excuse making for Rodgers after another NFC Championship loss.   Some fans/media rush to protect a player that is adored but he simply hasn't gotten it done on the same level as Tom Brady (no one has).  3 2nd half Brady Ints and got 6 points.    That Tampa D is outstanding. 

Tampa vs.  KC is a great match up for the SB.   A lot of chicken wings will suffer as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Media again is soooo tiresome.  Sure you can excuse them (why?) for claiming Buffalo Bills never losing in AFC championship game, but this is embarrassing. 

These are both NFL owned outlets.  Fucking Terrible. 

We are extremely disappointed Ken Riley was not featured in the “In Memoriam” segment during last night’s NFL Honors. 

Ken left a great impact on the Bengals and the NFL. His legacy deserves to be honored among the greatest to ever play the game.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:26 AM, membengal said:

I saw that piece. It wasn't about that. It was actually pretty well done. Brandt's point was people focus on the Bills' four straight Super Bowl losses - he instead chose to do a piece highlighting that they won 4 straight AFC titles - something that has never been done. I kind of appreciated his positive look at it. Their dominance from 1990-1993 gets shit on because of the Super Bowl losses but those were good teams. 

It is kind of like people focusing on the 5 straight playoff losses for the Bengals from 2011-2015 - which, fair - but on the flip side - they made five straight playoffs. 

They were fucking wrong and continue to be so. 

Left Ken Riley off as if he never existed.