2020 NFL Playoffs Thread

TJJackson

should have gotten this thread started before it got underway, but better late than never

so

I am as I stated in the final Bengals game thread rooting for Buffalo this year, as our sister NFL city through the Dalton thing a few years back.  Plus we benefited from them this year as well in the form of Spain

The Bills won today, so I'm happy about that.  They face the Chiefs next at Arrowhead, should be one hell of a test for them.  I'd love to see them win it all, since they have never won in 4 tries.  Love to see teams get their first Superbowl win.

I am sorry Carlos took another loss (Mem mentioned he's 0-6 in playoff games, that sounds about right) but I am happy Big Whit advanced.  Big fan love for both guys....great players, great human beings.   Highlights the importance of 2nd round draft picks, both of them being selected in r2

I wish the Browns and the Steelers didnt play each other....I'd like to see them both be eliminated in the first round.

The fact that all three AFC Central North teams are in the same bracket means it is fairly likely one of them will make it to the Conference championship game

Does the presence of 3 of the 4 teams in our division mean our division is (despite us) the strongest division in the NFL?

who are you rooting for to win it all, and why?

Dont say Shittsburgh or I gonna have to go all Liam Neeson from Taken on ya :-)

• Like 1

I still find it infuriating that a 7-9 team makes the playoffs.....

Thought Buffalo looked good, but Rivers nearly dragged the Colts over the line, they'll have to be back to their best against the Chiefs.

Bucs look good, but with that lot brought in last season you'd have to expect it. Football team hung around longer than expected to be fair! 

Rams Defence looked good, feel for Dunlop, but pleased for Whit.

Browns v Steelers is horrible, hate the idea of Cleveland being better than us but they've rebuilt really well in the last couple years and brought in some free agents we could only dream of, so ill take them over the Steelers, but to then get destroyed next week.....

Have fun watching :)

I watched with one eye yesterday, I’ll watch today though, as long as the games are competitive.

By far, I find myself rooting for the AFC teams.  

Bills would be an amazingly fun champion.  Chiefs are a blast to watch with Mahomes running things, I also like Andy Reid.  I’ll even root for the Ravens, Jackson is a freak, and I respect their coach.  Titans are even interesting with their bone-crushing run game.

The other side of the coin - Like most of us I despise the Steelers.  The Most interesting thing about the Browns is that their QBs unlikeable personality is able to shine through even in a 30 second progressive ad.  He can make a 30 second ad feel like it’s taking 5 minutes to get through.  

And compared to the AFC teams, what a dreary lineup the NFC has put forth this year.  The Saints - we’ve seen it all before.  And Brees can’t really throw any more.  The WFT, their appearance is just the manifestation of a whole division’s utter failure.  The Rams, I love Whit but their game yesterday was not fun to watch.  Their system is dull.  The Seahawks, again it just seems stale.  We’ve seen it all before.  All I can ever think about with them is that stupid call Pete Carroll made that lost them the the super bowl.  It’s depressing.  Finally the Bucs - how much HGH is Brady taking?  He looks younger than he did 12 years ago, and his times on running events they do at the combine are better now in his 40s than they were when he was 22 and actually at the combine!  Can’t root for or enjoy Brady, he cheats every chance he gets, then destroys the evidence and puts on that fake smile.  Can’t stand this dude.  Finally the Bears.  Oh, they’re in the playoffs?  I’d barely noticed.  

• Like 1

Greatest off-season plot line - every Steeler fan, employee, and teammate saying “it’s been great, see ya Ben,” and Ben saying, “I’ve got a contract for 19 million and I’m definitely playing!”  Hopefully it will destroy that stupid franchise from within.

• Like 1

Following up on the hell that Pittsburgh is in QB wise.  Above I said Ben is due 19 million next year.  While true, it isn't the whole story.  He signed a two year deal before this season.  68 million total.  Over 30 of that paid in signing bonus.  Thus the 19 million due him next year is really just a portion of the 34 million he earns next year.  And finally, the best part - Ben's cap hit next season, a season when we know the cap is going to drop, is 41 million.  It's just so fucking great.  The whole cap next year is expected to be about 176 million.  Down 22 million from this year.  Ben needs to hold the line, and demand that he be paid the whole contract.  

11 hours ago, Stripes said:

One of the most lose-lose games ever played in my opinion. Pittsburgh losing is always great, but the Cleveland Browns just won a playoff game.

The Bengals' drought is going on 31, and the Browns' drought is nine hours.

how about the next game.....Ravens vs Browns, with one of them winning and moving on to the AFC Championship Game?

55 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

how about the next game.....Ravens vs Browns, with one of them winning and moving on to the AFC Championship Game?

Because that's not happening? It's Chiefs/Browns and Ravens/Bills.