Coaching changes on staff

membengal

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

He decided not to coach the senior bowl and let someone else coach it.

Majority of staff must be retained so...pretty good indication that firings are imminent.

Three thoughts:

1.Mikey's had a bunch of coaches, and only one (Marvin) that has won anything at all 

2. I was never a huge fan of Marvin, but in all honesty the guy probably belongs in the PF Hall of Fame for winning so many games for such a terrible organization

3. Bengals should have fired Zackie yesterday and replaced him with Marvin 

• Like 1

No surprise. That Joe likes Zac is well-known and the organization is paying him a lot of money, so expressions of support for both are only natural. I’m also sure that he’s smart enough to realize he’s hitching his boat to one if not two anchors, so things could change.

12 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Can you point me to a source on that?  If true, Its yet another public demonstration on his poor decision-making

Paul Dehner on Twitter said, Zac says the bengals will not be coaching the senior bowl, they will still be going but leaving the coaching to someone else. 

like others have said might be because of coach turnover? 

37 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Can you point me to a source on that?  If true, Its yet another public demonstration on his poor decision-making

See above tweets. It sounds like he’s focusing on building a new staff versus coaching the senior bowl. Frankly I think that’s a good choice.

10 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

See above tweets. It sounds like he’s focusing on building a new staff versus coaching the senior bowl. Frankly I think that’s a good choice.

That and if they are targeting replacements coaching in the playoffs the hiring timeline is extended.

Bengals assistant offensive line coach Ben Martin and defensive quality control coach Jordan Kovacs will return to the team in 2021 league sources tell AllBengals.

Martin reportedly may take Turner’s job.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-retaining-two-assistants-from-zac-taylors-staff

Yea they need a complete overhaul on these coaches, with the exception on Darren Simmons, and the OC, the rest can go. 

They really need a new DC and they should look into guys like Gus Bradley or someone like him. They need experience there in the worst way and let them build there coaches around him. Please go out and get a experienced O-Line coach please, this group needs so much help, they have needed it for years now.

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

i dont want anyone associated with Turner taking the OL coach job

there has to be a complete clean break there

Did Martin come with Turner or have connections with him prior to coming on this staff? If not, not a huge problem for me. If so, more of a problem. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Did Martin come with Turner or have connections with him prior to coming on this staff? If not, not a huge problem for me. If so, more of a problem. 

Yes.  Ben Martin is the guy they pulled back to the NFL from the college ranks.   He got his start with Taylor and Turner at Texas A&M then worked with the Dolphins OL.

Him taking over the OL would not get the organization any positive pub.  More of the same.

23 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Yes.  Ben Martin is the guy they pulled back to the NFL from the college ranks.   He got his start with Taylor and Turner at Texas A&M then worked with the Dolphins OL.

Him taking over the OL would not get the organization any positive pub.  More of the same.

Lou returning is the same scenario for me I hate it so much!!!  How is bringing him back making this team any better. This to me is a terrible move, when the offense actually showed awesome signs and moving the ball, the defense goes and let’s up easy TDs. This guy showed nothing.