Ravens @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

As was the case last week, my feeling is that either outcome is fine. I’ll always take a win and if they lose and improve their draft position (or at least don’t drop any more) also great.

As to the value of a dead cat bounce to the future direction of the team, my experience is that it’s not particularly predictive. From a psychological perspective tho it’s probably better for all concerned (including us fans) to go out on a high note. 

also -- please dont consider signing or even trying out Haskins

One absolute requirement for a QB is maturity, and he is hugely lacking in this department

on a related note - with Haskin's release, I am expecting Washington to try to trade up to get whoever they identify as the second highest rated QB in this draft......one wonders if they'll be willing to take a chance on ANOTHER Ohio State QB?

1 hour ago, COB said:

It's Mike's secret power.  Win meaningless games and delude yourself into thinking what you are doing is working.  No change needed, welcome back Marvin!

exactly

we need to lose this final game for more than just keeping our draft pick slot higher....for a sense of reality already somewhat lost with the 2 back to back wins against a Steeler team playing the worst it ever has against us and  Texans team that their own leader claims did not want to win

I love this part of the program where Bengals wins are waved away. Beating a Steelers team that was pissed and desperate to win in primetime? Nope, doesn't count. You all slay me.  Beating Deshaun Watson on a day when he is yet again balling out? And doing so with a guy who was their Covid-emergency QB, no Boyd, no Mixon, no Jonah Williams, no Reader, no Wayans (all year), no WJIII from before halftime, etc etc.? Doesn't count. 

Just, LOL. 

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I have some bad news for ya buddy...

All this list confirms is Marvin had a baseline of talent in 03  and the major hurdle was culture; then they  added a bunch of other team's former 1st/2nd round draft picks in offseason 03 and 04 then once again in 08 after a bunch of draft picks were lost to injury and baffoonery.

A trip down memory lane:

02 -  Next year In division race til final week

04 - Next year division champs

08 - Next year division champs

10 - Next year Wild Card

As stated last year; Zac and Burrow face a deeper rebuild AND the cycle is longer because the organization believes in it's former draft picks that simply haven't produced for this team like they did in the past.

I don't think late season wins means they sit on their hands because it hasn't happened since pre-Marvin.  This season proves how empty the tank truly was in the late days of Marvin.

I don't buy the #'s!! Fake News! 

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I have some bad news for ya buddy...

Eh I won't lose sleep over a win or a loss, but the return on one of them is a bit better, provided they play well regardless, and don't go out on a super sour note.  I also don't like the notion of Taylor and Co. getting too confident in who they have, if they win again.   The DCB last-game win record is the Brown family's secret recipe I think. 

• Like 1

Far too early to bail on Tua. But certainly of last year’s big 3 prospects he has been the least impressive out of the gate.

OTOH imagine a draft where they trade with the fins, get Herbert at five and OT Austin Jackson at 18 (where he went to the fins), Tee at 30 and, oh, say guard Robert Hunt at 33.

Of course, they’d probably pick different, worse guys which is why Burrow was the best call. Still, would have been interesting.