Bengals @ Dolphins Game Thread

HoosierCat

This coaching staff has ruined anything exciting for me about this team. The only thing I want to watch is now out with a shredded knee, because they refuse to do anything with the OL.

Zac Taylor has come in and taken every player I used to love and Make them horrible! I feel bad for those players. 

Players like Geno Atkins, he has 1 tackle and never plays, I bet he goes elsewhere he is a beast. AJ just had 0 catches for his 3rd game this year, Dunlap leaves and is a beast in Seattle. Who knows if Ross would be anything, but why not try now there is nothing to lose. 

I just feel no reason to continue to watch these guys with him coaching. I never really thought I would miss Marvin, but here I am wishing he was coaching this team again! Please Fire this guy, and let’s get coaches in here who knows what they are doing! These guys have all ready ruined the players I used to like, don’t let them ruin the future of the young guys.

I honestly don’t know what you do now. The team is broken. Their whole identity was wrapped up in one guy, Burrow, and now that he’s gone...I mean, they may as well have everyone “test positive” for COVID and just shut it down for the season.

i do have to give them credit for a few sparks in the Giants game. The special teamers fought hard all game and were the biggest reason things were close. The defense made a couple plays (and gave up a couple, sadly). But the offense is just inert.

The Bengals go out and sign Spain.   A multi year starter that had to sign 1 year FA deal and then was benched after an 3 yr extension.    

He comes in here with very little practice and plays RG, RT, and LG.   Easily playing at a level equal or better than the previous starter.

It's an improvement over the 1st year when Jerry and Smith come in off the street and improve the spots.

That story repeats itself up and down this roster.      You can fire a coaching staff all you want, BUT if the next coaching staff has to deal with this reality it's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

5 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I honestly don’t know what you do now. The team is broken. Their whole identity was wrapped up in one guy, Burrow, and now that he’s gone...I mean, they may as well have everyone “test positive” for COVID and just shut it down for the season.

i do have to give them credit for a few sparks in the Giants game. The special teamers fought hard all game and were the biggest reason things were close. The defense made a couple plays (and gave up a couple, sadly). But the offense is just inert.

Simple there's probably 10 guys that are getting snaps that they should know are on the bubble for next year's roster or getting those snaps next year.     Go ahead and take those snaps away and give them to the guy next in line.  It's a low risk deal because if the entrenched starter goes blabbing to Elise Jesse (which is happening),  cut them and they'll end up fodder on the next roster they are on anyway.

Easy examples are Hart.   He's a low tier starting RT in this league.  He'll probably be your starter opening day TC.   They don't need to see anymore.  Start Fred or Hakeem and see if it's possible to replace Hart.

Jordan/Redmond same thing. 

Do we need to see Fat Randy kick anymore?  Nope he is what he is.

Yeah, Randy can sit. And you may as well put anyone you’re interested in on defense in more and see what you have. On offense tho I’m not sure how that approach works out just because it’s toothless without Burrow. Not sure what you’re going to learn there, everyone is more or less doomed to look bad.

For some reason the Bengals' just can't turn themselves around in a season or two like other teams can...must be "bad luck."  Meanwhile the Bengals' are 6-31-1 since beating the Dolphins in 2018, when they were 4-1.  Zac Taylor now has the worst start of any Bengals' coach in franchise history.  Even Shula had 2 more wins than he does so far.   Also, maybe think about signing a competent vet #2 QB for once, which is something Marvin at least put more value on (yet I feel like that issue is an MB issue where he doesn't want to allocate cap space).  I remember when we laughed at the Hue Jackson Browns, now the Bengals' are that team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

It’s rare to see a list with COB’s old team, the Panhandles. ;)

Good ol’ Ted Nesser.  Dude got a bad rap.  He just needed something like Mike’s 55 year rebuilding plan and the Panhandles would have been good by about 1977.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Yeah, Randy can sit. And you may as well put anyone you’re interested in on defense in more and see what you have. On offense tho I’m not sure how that approach works out just because it’s toothless without Burrow. Not sure what you’re going to learn there, everyone is more or less doomed to look bad.

Mixon being out complicates it as well. 

You'd like to see next year's candidates for line jobs block for Mixon to see the timing etc.

• Like 1

Oof, Allen is absolutely terrible, I mean why is this guy even in the NFL? I think the stiff they have in Finley is better than this guy.

Why not draft or find someone with some athletic ability who can create and work behind a bad o-line, provide some sort of excitement, watching these two lame ducks is awful, they are not NFL caliber players.