Bengals @ Football Team Game Thread

HoosierCat

35 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Well, at least Washington is more in their league...

Right you are.  I’m not going to overreact to a beating from the Steelers.  We’re not good yet, we’re not going to beat really good teams.

Washington’s another story.

19 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Probably first pressure game for Taylor.  If you want people to start believing you need to walk out of there with a win. 

I’d say the rest of the season is pretty pressurized for Zac. They’ve got four games left against the Giants, Cowboys, DC and Houston, who are right now a combined 9-28. He could really use at least 3 of those 4 games. Then there’s Miami, where Tua is currently 3-0 as a starter, and we all know Burrow vs. Tua will be the story going into the game. If they lose that game all the doubters and second guessers will be out in force. And of course there’s still one more each against Baltimore and Pitt. They could win all five of the aforementioned games but no one will believe they’re for real until they show they can beat the top teams in the division.

I dont really see us as any better or worse overall than the upcoming 4 opponents. 

I'd guess we go 2-2 in those games, with whoever happens to make the least mistakes on that given Sunday getting the W.  I wont be surprised with 0-4, but 4-0 would be a mild surprise

After this week, I am more concerned about injury avoidance than W's, especially for New Guy

Hopefully Williams, The Big Johnson (sometimes referred to as Fred), and Geno are back this week

Ongoing, give me Spain at ORT, the Big Johnson as his backup, and a one way plane ticket to whereever to the admittedly improved but waaaaaaaaay too expensive Hart.  Spain at ORT also solves or at least amelioratesa LOT of problems for us, such as the current logjam at OG/OC

I think we've solved the problem of swing tackle with either the Big Johnson or Adeniji, or maybe we keep both.  That said, I still want a potential pro bowler (see Anderson, Willy) at ORT in the 2021 draft,, because you know, GIMME A LINEMAN.......but now that Spain is in the mix at ORT this makes OG (and/or DL) a bit more palatable as our first round pick in 2021

Speaking of Willie Anderson: looks like he has also got a mancrush on my new mancrush Adeniji:

https://twitter.com/BigWillie7179/status/1328116844914421760?s=20 "Rookie Left tackle for the @Bengals is putting on a pass protection Clinic on Bud Dupree! Kid from Kansas . What’s his name? #OffensiveLine"

Stripes, need more top shelf rum for Jobu?  Or would you prefer the higher draft pick?  Im kinda split on that now.  Only win I really want for the remainder of this year is the second Shitsburgh game.

yup, Dunlap is an amazing player.  Too bad our new coaching staff could never figure that out

Next Gen Stats

@NextGenStats
·
1h
Carlos Dunlap has as many pressures in the first half (4) as the rest of the Seahawks combined. Dunlap already has more pressures (11) on half the pass rushes (77) with the Seahawks, than he did with the Bengals in 2020 (10 pressures, 162 pass rushes). #ARIvsSEA | #Seahawks

NFL_2020_2021_Seahawks.png