Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

He almost died! Part 8,664:

What the fuck is this dude talking about.  “Both knees got trapped, but feet weren’t stuck so he’s saved.”  What?  Some convoluted bullshit story from local drama queen, and this dude repeats it.  Knees got trapped in what?  The notorious knee traps the Cowboys set all over the field?  GTFO with this bullshit.

• Like 1

Vance Macdonald, Pittsburgh tight end, was out with an illness last Friday.

He felt better, went to Dallas on Saturday, and played 20 snaps on Sunday.

On Monday he was placed on the COVID list.

Different incubation periods for different people, but they could easily have a few guys who play against us who are actively shedding that virus all over our Bengals.  Reason one million to hate the Steelers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, COB said:

What the fuck is this dude talking about.  “Both knees got trapped, but feet weren’t stuck so he’s saved.”  What?  Some convoluted bullshit story from local drama queen, and this dude repeats it.  Knees got trapped in what?  The notorious knee traps the Cowboys set all over the field?  GTFO with this bullshit.

Dude he almost died.... had a fever of 200 degree afterward, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Rapistberger and one of the starting LBs for the Steelers MAY be out for this weeks game

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30291133/ben-roethlisberger-4-added-pittsburgh-steelers-covid-19-list

we stand a reasonably good chance of winning if Ben doesnt play Sunday

also.....this guy should DEFINITELY be brought in for a looksee at bare minimum as a 3rd down rusher.....assumign they can verify his attitude is purely directed at the Falcons and wouldnt be a problem here (ala Dunlap all smiles and productive with Seattle)

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/atlanta-falcons-takk-mckinley

4 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

They desperately needed Hubbard back, although I'm still scratching my head at the severe drop-off in production/play from him and Pratt this year, despite the lack of talent around them, they didn't have anything that was much different last season and both played really well.

Maybe the league saw how well they played, had a season of tape and an off-season to adjust things.  Just talking out my ass at this point.

I don't have much faith that Anarumo is using his talent effectively. Much of the time when they give up chunk plays, defenders don't even have a chance to prevent it because they're so far out of position to do so -- either because they're not coached well enough to get into position or they are literally schemed out of position. I grant that some of the late-game heroics they've given up required great offensive plays, especially in the last drive against Cleveland. A lot of it though has just looked hopeless, and I have struggled to find clear and obvious fault in the players (from my limited vantage point as a fan viewing games).

• Like 1

Jonah Williams returned to practice this week (showed as Limited Participation) and Fred has a chance to return on Saturday from the COVID list so w should have at least one OLT available for the Steelers game.  I pray Williams moves to full participation before Sunday

Hopkins was listed as Full Participation so I'd think that means Price will return to the bench with some valuable game experience.  I would be shocked if Price starts over Hopkins

It looks like 2 or 3 OL starters for the Steelers as well as Smith-Schuster and Tuitt are gonna be questionable at best,....DNP.  This in addition to the Rapistburger news is very very encouraging....especially imo Tuitt, as this will help keep New Guy out of the hospital

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/11/11/21561446/bengals-at-steelers-nfl-week-10-injury-report-joe-mixon-injury-update-bobby-hart-darius-phillips

Hobs:

Running back Joe Mixon (foot) didn't work Thursday for the second straight day, so it looks like they won't have him for a third straight game, the longest absence of his career. Same with right tackle Bobby Hart (knee), which may put them in a bind. Fred Johnson, Hart's backup who started against Tennessee, is on the Covid list, status unknown. Plus left tackle Jonah Williams (neck-stringer) went limited again. Rookie Hakeem Adeniji made his first NFL start in place of Williams against Tennessee, but it is unclear who can go at right if Hart and Johnson are out.

Also looking like he'll be out is backup cornerback Darius Phillips (groin) after he missed both Wednesday and Thursday. Defensive tackle Geno Atkins has not practiced the last two days for personal reasons.