Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
membengal

Dunlap traded to the Seahawks

Recommended Posts

Per...everyone. Rappaort says pick AND a player. Waiting for who and what round. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than I’d have expected, frankly. Seems like good thinking considering Seattle’s pass rush issues. Will have to see how Seattle fans feel about the OL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the fish, Carlos. That was not a good ending, but I’ll remember the good times. Probably a top 7ish all-time Bengals defender.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seattle fans seemed please to unload Finney’s contract (2 years, $8M? whatever). I won’t expect much, but I’ll still take anything resembling offensive line help — especially center with Hopkins iffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure he is motivated now and will finish out the year strong in Seattle, always liked Dunlap and sucks he left like this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will still sign Spain now that they got this guy. Still think they should sign Spain to help out, but who knows with these guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news. Like volcom said it sucks it had to end like this but it’s good they got something for him. Props to the FO, I didn’t expect they’d do anything.

PS hey volcom did you know my autocorrect wants to change your screen name to Voldemort? Lolololol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know that Carlos has another gear anymore, but if he does we’re sure going to see it on display in Seattle.  Hope he wins it all with those guys.  Good dude.  I’m sorry he had to tantrum his way out of town, but sometimes you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Please also sign Spain....need all the depth we can get on the oline.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good watch. It's hard to say if anything Dad Dunlap passed on via Carlos is especially one-sided in the controversy. If Anarumo isn't at least listening to his veterans though and actively working to make them feel heard and their feedback respected (even if not implemented), that doesn't strike me as a great reflection on him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our DC doesn’t come out of that podacast looking too good.  One other intriguing note - the coaching staff and the front office very much not on the same page regarding personnel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the coaches and the FO being at odds over players is nothing new. Remember Chris Henry? The only minor real here is that it was the FO that ran up the white flag. That Dunlap reportedly gave then back $5 million to effectively buy his way out of town helped significantly, I’d guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is Taylor stays but without significant (and unexpected, honestly) improvement on the defensive side of the ball, Lou will be gone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, COB said:

My guess is Taylor stays but without significant (and unexpected, honestly) improvement on the defensive side of the ball, Lou will be gone.  

I don’t know, man. If the FO did indeed bow to the coaching staff’s desire (demand? campaign?) to get rid of Carlos, that puts them pretty deep in the tank with the staff. I don’t think the FO trades a player it (again reportedly) did not want to trade if it lacks confidence in the coaches pushing the move.

In short, if you were looking for a sign they would move on from Zac and/or Lou at some point between now and January, this not only isn’t it, but is a sign they aren’t planning any changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey big trade ... I’ve liked Dunlap a long time.  If he were a Steeler, they’d already be claiming he is a hall of fame caliber player...

rumor is that Carlos made “business decisions” on the field aka didn’t jump in piles and make risky tackles to avoid injury but always produced pro bowl like numbers despite that... Marvin and crew were fine with the approach and Zack and crew aren’t .  Brown family sided with their coaches and couldn’t make the player happy thus the trade.

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I don’t know, man. If the FO did indeed bow to the coaching staff’s desire (demand? campaign?) to get rid of Carlos, that puts them pretty deep in the tank with the staff. I don’t think the FO trades a player it (again reportedly) did not want to trade if it lacks confidence in the coaches pushing the move.

In short, if you were looking for a sign they would move on from Zac and/or Lou at some point between now and January, this not only isn’t it, but is a sign they aren’t planning any changes.

Very true, all of it.  But if the season continues the way it’s been going, it’ll be tough for Zac to walk in there and say something along the lines of, “Well, I’m averaging two or three wins a year, and that’s really promising so status quo it is!”  The defense has not been good under Lou.  The offense is absolutely showing promise.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GapControl said:

Hey big trade ... I’ve liked Dunlap a long time.  If he were a Steeler, they’d already be claiming he is a hall of fame caliber player...

rumor is that Carlos made “business decisions” on the field aka didn’t jump in piles and make risky tackles to avoid injury but always produced pro bowl like numbers despite that... Marvin and crew were fine with the approach and Zack and crew aren’t .  Brown family sided with their coaches and couldn’t make the player happy thus the trade.

Thoughts?

 

Well, just addressing the rumor, if he was producing while playing how he wanted to play and the new coaching staff wasn’t good with...producing like that...I’d say they were idiots. And if they demanded changes so that he wasn’t producing anymore...I’d say they were idiots. But that’s just a response to rumor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×