Dunlap traded to the Seahawks

membengal

Good news. Like volcom said it sucks it had to end like this but it’s good they got something for him. Props to the FO, I didn’t expect they’d do anything.

PS hey volcom did you know my autocorrect wants to change your screen name to Voldemort? Lolololol

I don’t know that Carlos has another gear anymore, but if he does we’re sure going to see it on display in Seattle.  Hope he wins it all with those guys.  Good dude.  I’m sorry he had to tantrum his way out of town, but sometimes you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do.

Good watch. It's hard to say if anything Dad Dunlap passed on via Carlos is especially one-sided in the controversy. If Anarumo isn't at least listening to his veterans though and actively working to make them feel heard and their feedback respected (even if not implemented), that doesn't strike me as a great reflection on him.

• Like 2

Well, the coaches and the FO being at odds over players is nothing new. Remember Chris Henry? The only minor real here is that it was the FO that ran up the white flag. That Dunlap reportedly gave then back $5 million to effectively buy his way out of town helped significantly, I’d guess.

26 minutes ago, COB said:

My guess is Taylor stays but without significant (and unexpected, honestly) improvement on the defensive side of the ball, Lou will be gone.  

I don’t know, man. If the FO did indeed bow to the coaching staff’s desire (demand? campaign?) to get rid of Carlos, that puts them pretty deep in the tank with the staff. I don’t think the FO trades a player it (again reportedly) did not want to trade if it lacks confidence in the coaches pushing the move.

In short, if you were looking for a sign they would move on from Zac and/or Lou at some point between now and January, this not only isn’t it, but is a sign they aren’t planning any changes.

Hey big trade ... I’ve liked Dunlap a long time.  If he were a Steeler, they’d already be claiming he is a hall of fame caliber player...

rumor is that Carlos made “business decisions” on the field aka didn’t jump in piles and make risky tackles to avoid injury but always produced pro bowl like numbers despite that... Marvin and crew were fine with the approach and Zack and crew aren’t .  Brown family sided with their coaches and couldn’t make the player happy thus the trade.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I don’t know, man. If the FO did indeed bow to the coaching staff’s desire (demand? campaign?) to get rid of Carlos, that puts them pretty deep in the tank with the staff. I don’t think the FO trades a player it (again reportedly) did not want to trade if it lacks confidence in the coaches pushing the move.

In short, if you were looking for a sign they would move on from Zac and/or Lou at some point between now and January, this not only isn’t it, but is a sign they aren’t planning any changes.

Very true, all of it.  But if the season continues the way it’s been going, it’ll be tough for Zac to walk in there and say something along the lines of, “Well, I’m averaging two or three wins a year, and that’s really promising so status quo it is!”  The defense has not been good under Lou.  The offense is absolutely showing promise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GapControl said:

Hey big trade ... I’ve liked Dunlap a long time.  If he were a Steeler, they’d already be claiming he is a hall of fame caliber player...

rumor is that Carlos made “business decisions” on the field aka didn’t jump in piles and make risky tackles to avoid injury but always produced pro bowl like numbers despite that... Marvin and crew were fine with the approach and Zack and crew aren’t .  Brown family sided with their coaches and couldn’t make the player happy thus the trade.

Thoughts?

Well, just addressing the rumor, if he was producing while playing how he wanted to play and the new coaching staff wasn’t good with...producing like that...I’d say they were idiots. And if they demanded changes so that he wasn’t producing anymore...I’d say they were idiots. But that’s just a response to rumor.