Titans @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

9 hours ago, COB said:

Ha ha!  Well, that’s how it works in some places.  I’d like to introduce you to the very elderly gentleman wearing two different color socks driving his Buick on 275 with his blinker permanently on, he does things his way.  

That might be how it works in Cleveland, Arizona.    What franchise drafts a QB No. 1 overall then fires the Head Coach mid season or following that first season?   Most people realize when you are in a position of No. 1 overall it's because you earned it.  

The Bengals did not tank last year.   They were bad.    Nobody can argue that Tobin/Katy didn't do much to the roster following 2018 in hopes they could return to that 4-1 mark in 2019.

This is a way deeper rebuild than what Marvin faced with Palmer and Dalton. 

I’m in no way advocating for Taylor to go.  I’m just saying it won’t be considered.  

The DC is probably going to get fired, at a minimum he’ll be replaced after the season.  I admit when they hired him I hadn’t even heard of Lou.  It will be revealing to see who Zac brings in next year.  Under-experienced crony, or established successful guy?  We all know how he built that first staff.  

28 minutes ago, COB said:

I’m in no way advocating for Taylor to go.  I’m just saying it won’t be considered.  

The DC is probably going to get fired, at a minimum he’ll be replaced after the season.  I admit when they hired him I hadn’t even heard of Lou.  It will be revealing to see who Zac brings in next year.  Under-experienced crony, or established successful guy?  We all know how he built that first staff.  

That was pretty much out of necessity though, if I remember correctly he got turned down by almost everyone leading to Lou's hiring on the defensive side.

Sweet Lou was like the 4th/5th choice depending how much faith you put into the reports.   Del Rio and Dom Capers turned down offers interview supposedly.     The Florida University coordinator decline an offer and specifically sited lack of talent.

I remember when hearing that comment, I doubted he was serious because we had Atkins and Dunlap.

The defense has been horrid since 2018 and they had to fire that coordinator too.    The reality is Dunlap and the yesteryear stars are no longer that.

Guys that evaluate football players for a living saw it in 2019 and what a deep rebuild it was going to be.   Bengals are probably not going to lure any D-Coordinator that has hopes of a quick Head Coaching job promotion. 

Going to need a guy like Zimmer or Zimmer himself that was passed over so many times for HC spot.  A guy that can get his hands on productive veterans and know how to play them to success.

Wade Phillips is perfect because he no longer has any desire to be a head coach. 

That's kinda why I say let it play out and if the current trend continues the rest of the season, IMO you'd be foolish to fire Zac.

The defense has been horrid before he got here.  The o-line was bad before he goth here.   Both are still bad.    However you can see a good offense developing.  

I mean the Browns have Garrett and Ward.   A Bruce Smith and shut down corner.    We got Billy Price, Hart, and Fred, then Akeem.   We didn't punt the entire game.  IMO, that's not normal.   That's getting the most of what you've been handed.

The most important step right now is keep Burrow standing.   Zac and Burrow on the same page.  Then they are just going to have to fill in the pieces which I remain concerned about how possible that is really.    They need about 7-10 top 150 draft picks and have a hit rate well above normal to turn this thing quickly.

Lets see. 3-19-1. 1-12-1 in one score games. 1-8 In the AFC North. Worse coach in Bengals history. Has surpassed Dave. Only coach to lose a game. When his team don't punt. Was 55-0 now it's 55-1 thanks to Zac. Zac brought in Lou , Turner and Eason. All are failing big time. The team is split, players wanting out.  Geno, Dunlap, Ross and AJ. Those are the ones who have made it known. Then how long before Burrow wants out?  Joe's success has nothing to do with Zac. If Zac wants to be his coach. Cool take a demotion and be the QB coach.  Zac is a good guy. But that don't mean he is a good coach.  there is to much damage now for Zac to ever recover from. It's clear he has to go.  Fire him turner and Lou lets simmons take over. Then at the end of the season. If Simmons can turn it around. Let him coach if not.  Go get Bienemy or see if you can get Fickell to come coach. We all wanted Zac to succeed. He didn't a couple losses that is understandable. To be 1 and 3 for 8,12,19 that is bad coaching. Then something has to be done. If not what message does that give to the players and fans? Losing is acceptable not doing your job as player or coach is acceptable?  Hell No! Enough is enough! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zac is breaking records. Just not the ones you would want to break. Just read if Zac loses this game. Zac is the single worse coach in NFL history!!!!   No one has had a WORSE start ... Pathetic ...... He can add that to his only coach to lose a NFL game without a punt. Lmao just WOW!!!  We are once again the national punchline to jokes. Way to change the culture Zac. You brought the Bungles back. Smfh! 

• Like 1

I mean, that seems a bit dubious. Hue Jackson may have had that 8-8 in Oakland, but there isn't any getting worse than 1-31.

I'm not going to sit here and rant in favor of Zac Taylor. He just hasn't proven he can get it done to this point. Still, I think that any problems he exacerbates started somewhere higher up the chain and somewhere earlier in the timeline than he was here to cause.