Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

Stripes

Get over it carlos. Play better. Just because you are not starting  doesn’t mean you are not part of the gameplan. Jeebus.

as for Lamar, they should hold him out for Sunday because of wet turf. To be safe.

8 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

To be clear, I don’t have a problem shaking up the D, it’s not like they’ve been great or anything. But demoting Dunlap by posting a piece of paper in the locker room was a dick move.

BS.  This is the same kinda BS Dalton’s camp pulled with benching/trade talk.

They don’t need to have a chit chat to bench somebody at all.  Even less,IMO, when they are highly paid. 

Get over it and earn your contract.  D-line has been putrid for multiple seasons against the run.  

7 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

They don’t need to have a chit chat to bench somebody at all.  Even less,IMO, when they are highly paid. 

I disagree with this.  It’s a workplace situation.  And this longtime, very loyal, employee is being demoted.  It’s a very public demotion.  I think common courtesy requires a little meeting to explain what the team is doing, what he needs to do going forward.  It’s not 1955.  Ultimately showing Dunlap the respect he deserves would serve the team as well because you don’t get this public dragging they’re getting right now.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, COB said:

I disagree with this.  It’s a workplace situation.  And this longtime, very loyal, employee is being demoted.  It’s a very public demotion.  I think common courtesy requires a little meeting to explain what the team is doing, what he needs to do going forward.  It’s not 1955.  Ultimately showing Dunlap the respect he deserves would serve the team as well because you don’t get this public dragging they’re getting right now.  

Exactly. I very nearly got fired once for doing roughly the same thing Zac did here. It’s a dick move.

It's not a dick move. It could be a simple miscommunication. Or maybe it was designed to tick Dunlap off - because he's playing pretty nearly as shitty through this first four games as he did last year through the first eight before he decided to try. 

• Like 1

Rain on Sunday still in forecast but heaviest not til later in the day into the evening is the current thought. Would be light rain earlier. That would be better for Cincy's chances to keep this close.

This thing with Carlos yeah it is somewhat out of order to just post it on the wall in a depth chart.  For one other players see it and talk and in turn could offend Carlos but what I think is a dick move on Carlos behalf is bitch crying to the press, keep it in house

speak to the coaches tell them how you felt and it embarrassed you deal with it don't go crying to the press its not fair etc. 

The season gets harder from now on in, Baltimore win this one by a kagillion points

This game will show where this team is at. We will see if they can compete with the ratbirds. It's got to start up front on both sides. Contain the run and slow the TE's on D. Then keep Burrow up right and hope to run the ball like last week.  Yes they should have told Dunlap before the move. Even Carlos hinted he needs to play better against the run. TBH if Lawson is playing better. Then Lawson should be starting. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, COB said:

Texans dropping hints, ie they want Eric Bienemy.  

He’s been a hot name for a while so it’s not surprising. Reportedly he gives shitty interviews tho and that’s turned off more than one team. He’s also still haunted by a bunch of dumb stuff he did at Colorado. We’ll see if he can finally overcome that this time around.