Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

20 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

None of that’s new.   Twitter is trash and so is the Bengals O-line.

That doesn’t make Turner a good line coach but people are kidding themselves a coaching change is all that’s needed. 

A bigger threat to Taylor’s career is Tobin failing to provide a baseline of competent OL talent for many years. 

It was the same with Alexander.   They blamed him for Bodine despite Marvin hand picking him. 

Currently there isn’t a top half starter among the line.  

Who is saying a coaching change is all that’s needed? (Spoiler: no one.) But Turner clearly needs to go as part of any solution. He’s never accomplished anything anywhere he’s been and the players he does have right now are regressing (or outright quitting) under his excuse for leadership.

55 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Who is saying a coaching change is all that’s needed? (Spoiler: no one.) But Turner clearly needs to go as part of any solution. He’s never accomplished anything anywhere he’s been and the players he does have right now are regressing (or outright quitting) under his excuse for leadership.

Allow me to redirect.   I don't see twitter rants about Tobin as much as I see them about Turner.    

Any new line coach is going to need Tobin to use draft picks on lineman and then have them work out.  

That's the biggest issue.      Bengal fans did the same jack shit hot takes with Paul Alexander.   It's dumb.

They need talent across the board with that line.   

Frank Pollack looked incompetent too with Hart at RT.  

• Like 1

Tobin and the Bengals’ deficits in scouting and talent evaluation tend to come up more in the offseason. I don’t think you’d get much if any pushback calling for Duke’s crown.

To me the problem goes even higher and speaks to the rot throughout the whole organization: nepotism. Turner has his gig because he’s buddy-buddy with Zac. Duke has been around so long because he’s more or less a member of the Brown family. The family has people like Troy Blackburn, whose only qualification is who he sleeps with, making personnel decisions. Everybody’s kid can get a job here. Competence, professionalism, results, all that stuff, takes a back seat to knowing the right people in Cincy.

But again this is nothing new. The whole organization needs an enema and we all know it’s never going to get one. It’s going to remain a half-assed, mom-and-pop, all success is purely by accident organization unless and until the entire Brown family dies out and the team gets sold to someone committed to creating a professional football club.

39 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Tobin and the Bengals’ deficits in scouting and talent evaluation tend to come up more in the offseason. I don’t think you’d get much if any pushback calling for Duke’s crown.

To me the problem goes even higher and speaks to the rot throughout the whole organization: nepotism. Turner has his gig because he’s buddy-buddy with Zac. Duke has been around so long because he’s more or less a member of the Brown family. The family has people like Troy Blackburn, whose only qualification is who he sleeps with, making personnel decisions. Everybody’s kid can get a job here. Competence, professionalism, results, all that stuff, takes a back seat to knowing the right people in Cincy.

But again this is nothing new. The whole organization needs an enema and we all know it’s never going to get one. It’s going to remain a half-assed, mom-and-pop, all success is purely by accident organization unless and until the entire Brown family dies out and the team gets sold to someone committed to creating a professional football club.

Depression sets in.

• Like 1

Just stopped in here to say that whoever signed Snoop up to be in these Corona ads needs to be fired.  He’s so miscast in those ads it’s not even remotely believable, interesting, or pleasant to look at.  

Snoop at the beach?  Right.  Snoop at the beach in black jeans and some kind of bathrobe/kimono thing, drinking beer?  Sure!  FAIL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm still rooting for the organization to leave Cincinnati.
That probably will never happen or immediately after I die.

Yes, i'm serious in wanting them to leave.
While they are here, I will watch, follow and root for them.
But yeah, fuck them.

Hey at least there’s still the Reds...oh, wait. Shit.

24 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Hey at least there’s still the Reds...oh, wait. Shit.

My tribe was unceremoniously shown the door last night.  Sort of a tough time to be an Ohio sports fan.  Did I say “time”?  I meant year.  I mean decade.  I mean century.  I mean millennia.  Fuck.

• Thanks 1

Yep, it's all sad but true and why this franchise continues to suck it.  Taylor was a bad hire and has proven as much so far.  At this point I hope he doesn't win another game, just so they "have" to fire him, and get another shot at salvaging this mess if they have a good off-season.  But you know, the Brown family, nothing really changes much.