Jaguars @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

What did we learn today? 

Turner and and company have no clue how to evaluate o-linemen. 

This staff needs to take a long hard look in the mirror get thier shit together. 

Redmon better.be the starting guard from here out. 

Burrow is the real deal!! You damn well do what ever to keep him from getting killed! 

The Jags are a worse team than the Bengals. I know hard to believe. 

AJ may be showing his age. Has not looked good at all. 

The rest of this season should be towards Rebuilding so Burrow is successful. Trades cuts firing what ever it take. Mike you have a once in a life time QB! Pull your head out of your ass and get it together. Don't continue to be the damn fool you have been! 

34 minutes ago, membengal said:

Woo! The Mixon third down TD runs came at my end zone - nice blocking especially on the second one. Good to see the total domination running and passing. Mixon was SO happy. Clear joy.

Glad you got to see it, mem.

• Like 1

Heh, saw a few replays and I am def in the shots kicked at that end zone. The burrow color rush to the left of the goalposts being kicked at.

here are some obs from being there:

Waiting for my flight - a few quick additional thoughts :

I was in the north end zone 11 rows off the field - so a new vantage point for me. The second and fourth quarters when bengals were on offense i had as close to burrow’s vantage point on throws as I will ever get, and, damn. I have zero idea how he sees some of the windows he sees. There were five or six passes that he threw that I had time to think “where in the hell is he throwing it” and each time he competed a ball. He may be a wizard. The one in particular that sticks out was the 23-yarder to Higgins in the 4th. He. Was. Not. Open.  Just an unreal throw.

a few other things:

—-I really now fear that AJ is cooked. The play in the first quarter where burrow rolled away from pressure and waved AJ downfield was coming at me - the old AJ makes that play but I could immediately see when Burrow waved him to get deep and AJ planted to go that there was no burst. None. I hope that it is still coming back, but that was rough to watch live as close to it as I was.

—-the two Mixon 3rd quarter TD came at my end zone - on the second of them, the run up the middle, it looked like Redmond did a really good job sealing off his man and giving Joe the hole. It was like the Red Sea parting from where I was.

—-thought the holding call to negate the Boyd TD was weak. Especially because on series before that Dunlap was dragged down right in front of us and the damn ref and he swallowed the flag while Jax converted a long third down. They also replayed the Lawson personal foul flag in the stadium and that was a fucking joke of a call. If refs were simply competent we blow them out in the first half.

—-it is weird watching burrow live. He’s so in control, so calm , I’ve never seen anything quite like it in cincy. At least not four games in to a career. He’s an absolute superstar coming.

—-I didn’t see him really miss on any deep throws he should have connected on. The receivers are simply not open. Very little separation deep to connect on the ones yesterday.

—-hell, not a fuckton of separation on a lot of the intermediate passes either. Burrow is so damn accurate. If this was Dalton...yeesh. 
that’s most of what is at the top of my head this AM. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1