General Training Camp Thread

HoosierCat

1 minute ago, COB said:

Thanks for all the updates Mem, so great to read.

Glad to have carved some time for it. Rare overlap in Bengals doing stuff and my having a time to grab the interesting tweets.

Not gonna lie - the buzz coming out of there kinda making me giddy. 

Here's something new - a QB who does NOT need everything to go right to succeed. Four false starts, 2/3 of his WR back-ups. Didn't matter. That's...new. Very new. 

I liked the way Pratt improved the 2nd half of last year.  Led the team in tackles most of the time,  good in coverage, like this guy below says, he's got great upside as a modern MLB who isn't asked to play between the tackles as a run stopper so often.  The defense has a chance to be top 15 again if Pratt's the real deal and the CB's play well and stay healthy I think.  He called out a reporter on Twitter for mis-identifying his coverage today, in a completely professional way  -  but thought it was interesting that he's that involved.  I like guys who improve and are genuinely competitive, Burrow has that trait as well, it is a strong indicator of a high level of success.   I will give Taylor credit for coveting these guys, not the bums Marvin thought he could redeem...not that he only drafted those types.

Read where Sample is working hard on bulking-up and blocking as well, admitted he got a wake-up call last year.  A good sign.  I guess a lot of things are behind pay walls now, I can't seem to find much easily about camp.  Looking forward to hopefully seeing AJ, Higgins and Boyd on the field at the same time, and it looks like Tate's solidified his spot as the #4 ahead of Ross quite possibly.

Yeah, The Athletic hoovered up all the top sports reporters and stuck all the coverage behind their paywall. ESPN and the other national sites have been declining for years, and the Enquirer has paywalled most stuff too. Sucks but I’m sort of surprised it didn’t happen sooner.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

The athletic is totally worth it and I think 40% off at the moment. 

Hey if you find it valuable, great. I’m just not interestEd in giving money to a “business” whose model explicitly involves destroying local newspapers and something like four years on still isn’t profitable on its own and only exists because it’s being floated by continued infusions of venture capital.