AJ Green is fully on board

membengal

So AJ Green.  They have 6 more days to work a long term deal out with him.
I haven't seen much new concerning an extension and at this point am not expecting one.
I would rather see him continue his time here in Cincinnati with Burrow beyond 2020, but I get the reason he gives the team pause.

I think it will all come down to performance this season. If he’s healthy and still productive at a high level, they’ll get something done next year.

Of course, this being the Bengals we’re talking about here, it also wouldn’t surprise me to see them let AJ, Ross and Mixon all walk in 2021.

AJ’s chances of one last big multi-year deal will take a hit if they cancel this season.  Puts another year on him, a year of inactivity, just lessens the appeal of giving him a 4 or 5 year deal.  What a screw job, and to happen to AJ Green, one of the best dudes around.  No justice.

• Like 1

Hey let me take a look up my ass and see what kind of bullshit story I can pull out of there.

You don't draft a QB #1 overall and start the rookie, while simultaneously taking away his best target, if AJ is healthy.
In all honesty, I think AJ was healthy at the end of last season.  There was just no reason to play him.
I think he's healthy, I think Burrow needs him, I think the other WR's need him, and I think the team needs him.
But hey, lets pull the franchise tag and let him simply walk away from the team for nothing and no impact.
Players do get hurt and it could happen again to him.  We have no way of knowing that right now however.

Genius...

• Like 1