AJ Green is fully on board

membengal

Well this is all a fantastic read - no issues coming from AJ (and he’s fully healthy):

https://www.bengals.com/news/when-time-is-right-a-j-green-and-his-wrs-looking-to-play-catch-with-joe-wherever

A piece of it:

"We've been talking back and forth. We were talking (texting?) yesterday and I know he wants to get together and throw somewhere," Green said. "I told him wherever he is, we'll come to him. I don't know where, when, how. It's all who can fly where and when. He's the quarterback. He makes his location and we have to get there."

Green doesn't want to hear that he, Adriel Jeremiah Green, is the Hall of Fame candidate and that him, Joe Lee Burrow, is the rookie. "It's not about that. It's all about he's going to be the leader of our team," Green said. "I just want to put that in him already to where he feels comfortable leading."

Yea I’m hoping there is something the Bengals can do to keep him here where he can retire a Bengal. I always loved the non Diva attitude about him, he is all about this team and winning. Let’s hope he stays healthy he will be huge for Burrow!

"When the time comes, I'll be in the best shape to play my best ball this year no matter what happens. The best shape of my life."

I like how he emphasized, "The best shape of my life".

I'm really looking forward to watching this team play this season unlike any season I can remember is a God awful amount of time.
I wish Billy was here to enjoy this with us !!!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm really looking forward to watching this team play this season unlike any season I can remember is a God awful amount of time.

The last time I really, truly cared what this team did (apart from PleaseLose2019) was a few seconds prior to a certain Jeremy Hill fumble. So I get it.

I'm glad Joe and the receivers are closely communicating, whether they can get out for some throws any time soon or not. He can begin to establish rapport and assert his leadership immediately.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

According to Bengals twitter if they don’t let AJ walk next year and trade Joe Mixon, they’re super stupid idiots.

Bengals Twitter is becoming a lot less worthwhile these days.

Who is pushing that? I’ve missed that I think.

59 minutes ago, membengal said:

Who is pushing that? I’ve missed that I think.

Codiki for one. Goodberry was also very much on the “second contracts for RBs are bad don’t resign Mixon” train. I mean, I get the argument. A.J. is old in football years and the RB position has been massively devalued. It makes sense to invest in other positions and address WR and RB in less expensive ways like the draft. But specific to the two players in question I don’t see the decline in productivity that tells me it’s time to move on. The counter is that, well, the odds say their play will fall off so the time to move on is now, especially is you can get value in a trade. The counter counter is that there are exceptions to every rule. Maybe I’m just being sentimental but I don’t want to throw these guys overboard quite yet, especially with a fresh QB coming on board.

• 1 month later...

New Hobson’s Choice up on da site. No real news, but fwiw Hobs doesn’t think they get a deal with AJ before the July 15 deadline, so he plays under the tag. He does think they extend Mixon eventually. Both guess seem right to me but who knows, everything is all messed up.

13 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Good ???

Im pretty much of the line of thought that there isn’t going to be any football, so I have no idea what to think about anything coming out.

Yeah I’m still having a hard time seeing it myself and I’m in the same mindset. 

I'm taking the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach and i'm not believing i'm going to see it at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I would like VERY MUCH to be wrong and am hoping for it.
If i'm not wrong... well lets just say I might not be the most pleasant person to be around.

Then again, i've never been labeled a pleasant person to be around, so there's that...

Yeah, it’s getting ugly real fast in Cali, Texas and Florida. And they host almost 20% of the league.

Across the United States, more than 36,000 new infections were reported by state health departments on Wednesday — surpassing the previous single-day record of 34,203 set on April 25. Texas, Florida and California led the way, with all three states reporting more than 5,000 new cases apiece. 

Three states — California, Florida and Oklahoma — reported record highs in new single-day coronavirus cases, while hospitalizations hit a new peak in Arizona, where intensive care units have quickly filled.

And then there’s this:

The governors of the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut tri-state area jointly announced a travel advisory, which requires a 14-day quarantine for visitors from nine states whose infection rates meet certain thresholds indicating “significant community spread,” according to New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D).

That could pose an obvious problem for some teams traveling to Jersey.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/24/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Practices are not "public" so players can practice without masks. Same with games - as long as the public isn't there (and even if the public is there you can carve out an exception for those on the field. That's not an issue.

The bigger issue is that people won't wear fuckin' masks and it is SO simple to do so when you are out in public or in public spaces. That this has become political is truly insane. 

• Like 1