2021 NFL Draft

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

And the difference between 4.35 and 4.44 is pretty insignificant, I would be interested to see the TE records, I suspect he would smoke them all.

EDIT: Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 / 40 at the combine, he is the current record holder.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

No, if they traded three first round picks to take anything other than a QB they would get laughed out of the league.

And I agree if ATL does not trade the pick or take a QB, they take Pitts at #4

Don't disagree. Hence my "melt brains" reference. If SF took Pitts in these circumstances the discussion of it would be amazing to witness. 

New two round mock from McShay

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31165378/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-64-picks-rounds-1-2-plus-where-seven-qbs-land#round2

He has us taking Chase at 5 and Jaylen Mayfield at 38. Note that he has Humphrey, Cosmi, Dickerson, Meinerz, Leatherwood (at 60!), Little and Hudson all going later in the second. So if you don’t like mayfield take your pick.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

New two round mock from McShay

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/31165378/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-64-picks-rounds-1-2-plus-where-seven-qbs-land#round2

He has us taking Chase at 5 and Jaylen Mayfield at 38. Note that he has Humphrey, Cosmi, Dickerson, Meinerz, Leatherwood (at 60!), Little and Hudson all going later in the second. So if you don’t like mayfield take your pick.

Cosmi, Little or leatherwood for me

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, TJJackson said:

well, that seals the deal for those already on #TeamChase

I have yet to get a good deep threat WR to fall into the second round, if Seweel is taken #5.  Everytime i take Chase, there are multiple OT starters left in round 2, usually Jenkins, who i like almost as much as sewell.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I have yet to get a good deep threat WR to fall into the second round, if Sewell is taken #5.  Every time i take Chase, there are multiple OT starters left in round 2, usually Jenkins, who i like almost as much as sewell.

Yeah, with this workout any hope of Marshall falling to us at #38 have been dashed.  I feel much better about Chase/Leatherwood than I do about Sewell/Moore (Elijah or Rondale).  I would love the following guys to the Bengals at #38...

Leatherwood, Cosmi, Jenkins, Davis, Vera-Tucker (unlikely), Darrisaw (also unlikely), Radunz,  Little, Eichenberg, or Dickerson.  There is no chance that one or more of those guys are not available to us at #38 and any of them would start immediately at RG.  Sure Sewell is a great prospect, probably the best left tackle prospect I have ever seen but Chase is likely also the best WR prospect I have seen since Calvin Johnson and the instant rapport with Burrow is too good to pass up.  BTW I believe the best non-QB prospect in this draft is actually Kyle Pitts but I also believe he will go at #4 to Atlanta barring someone trading up for a QB.  There are 10 first round graded OLinemen in this draft AFTER Sewell and Slater go....that is incredible and unheard of.  On top of that, I also think Meinerz, Hudson, Carmen, Mayfield, and Humphery are also starting grade players.  You end up with Chase, Leatherwood, and Meinerz or Humphrey in the first three rounds it almost doesn't matter what the rest of the draft looks like, you have won.

BTW Jenkins is my favorite of the #38 pool but I believe he will be long gone by #38, Leatherwood or Radunz would make a fine consolation prize.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

You end up with Chase, Leatherwood, and Meinerz or Humphrey in the first three rounds it almost doesn't matter what the rest of the draft looks like, you have won.

This aligns almost exactly with my thoughts if indeed Chase goes at 5

Of course, tho, the rest of the rounds do matter to me :-)  especially getting two passrushing DLs in rounds 4 and 5 :-)

I keep thinking we're gonna need to move up from early three into late 2 to get one of the two OC/OGs.  I dont think the OSU or GA centers are close to as good as those two

I put this in the other thread, but his arms are 1/2 an inch shorter than Jonah's . 

Here's my worry w/ the short arms thing - he's not a technician. At all. Not at this point in his development. He is all projection there. Joe Thomas overcame short arms from being a technician from the jump. That's...not Sewell. It is Slater. 

I am now firmly:

Chase
Tradedown
Pitts

as my only preferred options at 5. 

Willie clearly thinks we should draft Sewell.  But what does an NFL great know about football?  We’ve got Mike Brown on the case!  He’ll draft us our skill position player, we can marvel at his ability to almost catch the innacurate passes thrown to him by Burrow’s backup.  

17 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I was finally able to get a mock draft that i like with the first three rounds after selecting Sewell at 5

Ossai  edge

Rondale Moore  WR

I would be very happy with this

You should watch Ossai versus Teven Jenkins Okla. State versus Texas...Jenkins makes Ossai look like a high schooler

4 hours ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

I was finally able to get a mock draft that i like with the first three rounds after selecting Sewell at 5

Ossai  edge

Rondale Moore  WR

I would be very happy with this

You should not be happy with Rondale Moore. He's ONLY a slot. We have Boyd. He's 5'7" and simply cannot play outside. His route tree was non-existent at Purdue. 

If we go the tradedown route from 5

and either a) we go OL at our top pick and one of the top receivers fall into the 20's

or b) we go receiver (Pitts included) at our top pick and one of the top OLs fall into the 20's

then I wouldnt be adverse to packaging our second r2 pick and our second r3 pick (both obtained in the initial tradedown) to trade back up into rd 1 to snag that player

targets in scenario a: Bateman, Smith, Waddle, Marshall

targets in scenario b: Jenkins, Leatherwood, Darrisaw, Slater, or Vera-Tucker

yes, i already know some of those targets are highly unlikely to slip into the 20s.  Stranger things have happened, tho.