2020 Bengals Draft Grade

TJJackson

Cordy Glenn is a little bitch.  He won't be missed.

If they want to argue that they should have taken Josh Jones at the top of the 3rd, that's fine, but Higgins has been projected by many (not all) as a first round pick.
I simply don't think people understand (or are too lazy to figure it out) that different WR's do different things.
AJ Green also ran a 4.5.  How many times has Dalton thrown the ball up expecting him to come down with it and he does ??
Just shut the hell up about it already.  (That's to the "analysts" out there, not the board).

Again, you could argue they should have taken Josh Jones at the top of the 3rd, but from my understanding he also had a positive drug screen at the combine.
Seeing as how they were really focused on character and leadership, I can't say as passing on him is surprising and they simply HAD to do something about the LB's.
The coaches backed up what they said on how they viewed the o-line.  I don't have to agree with it, but there are other ways to address that if they feel so inclined.

I'm fairly confident that Williams will be an upgrade over Glenn eventually, but let's remember he hasn't played football since 2018, is coming off injury, won't have any OTAs or offseason program, will probably have only a shortened camp and there may not even be a preseason to bang off the rust. So my expectations for him this season are modest, to say the least.

Hey, while we’re talking about draft grades, I agree with this:

The NFL gets an A+ from me for one of the most entertaining drafts in memory. Maybe it was just the forced change to the format, but this year was really fun to watch and it was great to get a look at coaches, owners and players as themselves, at home, versus the usual guys on stage in a big hall. The musical interludes were great, just overall a fun broadcast. Looking forward to seeing Belichick’s dog making picks again next year.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:39 AM, ArmyBengal said:

The only reason this doesn’t get an A+ from me is not addressing the O/line as much as I would have liked but very little to complain about.

Cant believe they got Marcus Bailey in the 7th.
Think he will surprise people.

”A”

Bailey if healthy could be the best LB we drafted