Offensive Line Draft Talk Thread

membengal

Justifiable riots on draft weekend, IMO would be defense at 5 or 38 without any addition of draft picks via trade down.

They are down 3 WR bodies (AJ, Ross, Erickson).   They need to remove Fred Johnson off the roster and take a real swing of removing one of Spain/Xavier out of the starting line up. 

The first three picks are locked: Lawrence, Wilson, Jones. Atlanta will take either a QB, Pitts or Chase. If there’s a trade it will almost certainly be for a fourth QB. The Bengals cannot be screwed. Any of Pitts, Chase or Sewell is a home run and at least two will be on the board.

• Like 1

Yeah there’s a lot of huffing and puffing at ye olde fire right now. Smoke’s getting thick. Reportedly the Lions (at 7) might go QB if one slips to them, and allegedly the Falcons are now getting calls from multiple teams.

For those who want Chase, I’d say the biggest danger is Atlanta staying and just selecting him at 4. Again, I think if anyone trades up it will be for a QB.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

Not a bad situation. I've seen some pundits give the Bengals an A already because they can't lose.

I saw that too, the NFL Network guys.....side note, Good Morning Football is an excellent show, worth a watch....

Before we do a victory lap however we must contend with the fact that this is the Cincinnati Bengals and if anyone could screw this up it is Duke Tobin, Mike Brown and the Bengals FO....God, April 29th cannot happen soon enough

2 hours ago, COB said:

I just read Atlanta now entertaining offers to move out of the number 4 slot.  Could be someone desperate for 4th QB moves in there.  

Also could be someone grabs Chase right in front of us.

COB, no one NO ONE is going to pay extra picks to move up that high for a non-QB.  That is non-sensical. And if they do, then we get Sewell. But that former is not a worry. 

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Yeah there’s a lot of huffing and puffing at ye olde fire right now. Smoke’s getting thick. Reportedly the Lions (at 7) might go QB if one slips to them, and allegedly the Falcons are now getting calls from multiple teams.

For those who want Chase, I’d say the biggest danger is Atlanta staying and just selecting him at 4. Again, I think if anyone trades up it will be for a QB.

THIS. 

• Like 1

BTW.  

Looking over the RAS Scores of our current WR and TE group, this is what we look like right now prior to the draft

Tyler Boyd RAS: 4.27

Tee Higgins RAS: 4.16

Auden Tate RAS:  1.80

Drew Sample RAS: 9.08

CJ Uzomah RAS: 8.61

Mason Schrek RAS: 7.87

Keep in mind that the TE bar is alot lower than the WR bar.  Do you see why we need an infusion of athleticism? Chase's 9.81 would not only be the highest in our current group by a country mile but would also be the highest in Bengal's history for a WR drafted by us (current highest score is Andre Caldwell at 9.54).

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2020/12/31/cincinnati-bengals-ras-history/

• Like 2

Drew Simple is a 9.08 ?  I guess Pitts broke the meter.

I’m still in the “trade down if it is there”category.  My current wet dream with Phoebe Cates circa 1980 is a trade down to 8-10 , picking up Pitts at TE and any of the OT/ G prospects still in the board with a 1st or 2nd round grade at 38.  Then you go WR WR LB... take more trade downs if you can.. .... aaaah Phoebe Cates!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Drew Simple is a 9.08 ?  I guess Pitts broke the meter.

I’m still in the “trade down if it is there”category.  My current wet dream with Phoebe Cates circa 1980 is a trade down to 8-10 , picking up Pitts at TE and any of the OT/ G prospects still in the board with a 1st or 2nd round grade at 38.  Then you go WR WR LB... take more trade downs if you can.. .... aaaah Phoebe Cates!

Actually Pitts scored a 9.64 but that is more of a function of how RAS is scored, you see if you are in the elite category you don't get any points for being elite if the elite. As an example Sample got the same score for his 4.74 /40 as Pitts for his 4.44 even though objectively 4.44 is much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COB said:

I’m not hearing anything about how these QBs might refuse to sign with the Jags or the Jets or whoever.  Last year with us that was a recurring narrative.  

The media loves to trounce Cincy whenever they can for clicks and thrills

On 4/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, HoosierCat said:

The first three picks are locked: Lawrence, Wilson, Jones. Atlanta will take either a QB, Pitts or Chase. If there’s a trade it will almost certainly be for a fourth QB. The Bengals cannot be screwed. Any of Pitts, Chase or Sewell is a home run and at least two will be on the board.

At 4 I think there is a risk of trade up for a non QB prospect like Chase or Pitts.  Slight chance.

The Bengals won't be screwed because they still have a good selection of the remaining and IF a QB lands at 5 there would be a trade down scenario.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, COB said:

I’m not hearing anything about how these QBs might refuse to sign with the Jags or the Jets or whoever.  Last year with us that was a recurring narrative.  

Florio and  Dan Patrick aren't going to risk sounding like idiots saying a QB wouldn't want to play for Urban and are not willing to risk blacklash from a huge market like NY.

40 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Florio and  Dan Patrick aren't going to risk sounding like idiots saying a QB wouldn't want to play for Urban and are not willing to risk blacklash from a huge market like NY.

yep Cincy is an easy target.