Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

HoosierCat

OK, I went back and re-read my woke antifa SJW handbook, and I can’t find the part requiring S&M and bondage. Not that I have any problems with that, but I’m going to need a list of approved sustainable toy manufacturers and a course on acceptable power dynamics vis a vis race, gender and income level. Also is this going to be part of the next round of public marches because if so I need to lose some weight fast.

Speaking of losing weight, my primary care recently pointed out my weight gain over the past handful of years.
I told her after a career in the Army, I stopped exercising and bought a house at the corner of "Fat and Happy".
She laughed for a minute and plainly told me she thinks I need to move. WTF ?!?!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Congrats on post number 25,000 Army!

I had forgotten that it kept track of those things.  Early on in this board's history, we use to make a pretty big deal of those milestones.
Fast forward 16 years and I had completely forgotten about it.  Had I been thinking, I would have had something more positive to say.
Makes me feel old thinking about being in my 30's and single when I started posting here.  Now 50, married, 2 kids and retired from the Army, while working on another career.

I love this board !!!  Thanks Hoosier...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

I appreciate you keeping the home fires burning AMPHAR !!!
Wish I shared your positivity...

NASCAR has been back.   Horse Racing is back and in some markets never left (now they are entertaining allowing fans).   MLS just returned last nigh.   MLB, NHL, and NBA are getting ready to return.

College Sports due to different leadership in each conference and institutions AND the athletes are supposed to be students which may or may not be on campus.  Different dynamic vs. professional sports.   Power 5 College football and basketball brush closely with professional sports.

Again, hoping and praying for the football season to go off, even with little to no fans.

However, the amount of contact and closeness of the players is vastly different than the other sports and their participants.
Looking at the current outbreaks among college programs like Ohio State and North Carolina are more of what I would expect at the pro level.
I just don't see how they stop the spread of the virus in those close quarters and I fear the impact would be massive for a team that is forced to quarantine players that test positive.

Could you imagine a miracle season where we make it to the Super Bowl and Burrow is leading the charge, only to test positive the night before the game ??
Finley would then be the starter and there goes most any chance of winning that game.

Worst case scenario ??  Sure, but completely feasible.

• Like 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2020/07/09/big-ten-football-jarring-24-hours-season-big-trouble/5410220002/?utm_source=native&utm_medium=capi_retrofit&utm_content=inapp&build=native-web_i_p

Gene Smith, AD at OSU says he is no longer cautiously optimistic there will be college sports this fall.  The Big Ten says it is prepared to both play sports and also prepared not to play sports.  

As a society, we again find ourselves in a tough spot with this virus.  So again we must seek the wisdom and guidance of the essential oil consultants and 60 pound overweight guys with AR-15s strapped to their chests who all descended on the statehouses a couple months ago and demanded the states “reopen.”  

• Like 1

Buster Posey said he’s out for the year.  Could turn MLB into a freaky year if players of that caliber are bailing.  If the Tigers had any good players I’d wish for them to all bail.

Seriously, rosters could be really different than expected, the tribe could actually win something.