Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Football for me really is therapy. It’s a release.
Without it, I don’t believe a therapist or medication will help much. The depressive state will be massive.

Fall/winter is going to be rough thanks to this fucking plague. My wife is is in SC tonight with her mom helping her deal with the death of her longtime boyfriend from Covid Saturday night. He was a great guy and unbelievably good to her. All I can say is hang in there. It’s a bad storm but we will get through it eventually.

The "Rona" struck the entire household early in August.    Fortunately is was nothing more than a minor Cold.  Seriously a minor sniffle, head congestion, minor cough.  1/2 days of symptoms and gone.

The delay in testing results was the biggest headache.   IF the NFL wants to avoid cases it must have immediate results.   Really any sports league not operating in a bubble. 

The symptoms were so minor we would have not gotten tested IF it weren't for the source of the infection to step and say something.   Waiting a couple days when you feel fine is very hard to quarantine completely.  Especially for kids that want to go to practice etc.

While the 2020 NFL season apparently still has life, Thom Brennaman's career does not.

For anyone that hasn't heard, he used the word "Fag" during his broadcast last night and he didn't even make it through the game without being pulled from the air.
I don't think he knew the mic was on, but c'mon dude.  You have to be smarter than that.  You're at work for God's sake.
There's plenty of stupid shit that comes out of my mouth, but I know better than to say it at work.

Making matter worse was his apology where in the middle of if, continued his play calling of the game.
"I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith, as here's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and it will be a homerun, and so that will make it a 4 nothing ball game.  I don't know if i'm going to be putting on this headset again."
NOPE.  Classic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgvMqgpiZw

• Like 1

The Reds should not fire that guy.  I don't know anything about Thom Brenneman, other than his dad was a long-time announcer as well.  But one stupid mistake should not equal firing.  Now if it came out that he was some sort of actively anti-gay bigot, like if he was repeatedly doing or saying something against gay people, then go ahead and fire him.  But this is so far short of that.  There has to be a reaction more in line with the offense.  Suspend him or something. 

Do I think he should be fired ??  No I don't, but have no idea what else has happened up to this point.

In all honesty, while not using that word hardly at all anymore, it use to be a daily occurrence.
Not because I had some agenda against homosexuals, but because in the Army it was a constant busting of balls.
"Hey, quit being such a fag" and stuff like that.  Sort of like Bill Burr's, "What are you a fag?" stand up routine.
YouTube that if you haven't seen it and aren't easily offended.

Fast forward to being a regular joe, who is expected to be professional at all times, and I simply don't say shit like that at work.
Hell, I don't even cuss at work hardly ever and that was a constant in the Army as well.

"Fag", "Retard", "Motherfucker" and many much worse were a part of the everyday.
I had to totally relearn how to speak in public when I left the service.  I would lose my job at this point for speaking like that.
ONE time I dropped a "FUCK YOU" at work since retiring and was told not to say it again.  I enjoy my paycheck too much to challenge it.

• Like 1

Since Bengal fans won't be able to see or witness the start of the Burrow revolution.

After announcing no fans at their home opener, the Bengals are offering Season Ticket Members and fans a chance to buy cardboard cutouts with their pictures to fill seats for the Sunday, Sept. 13 game against the L.A. Chargers.

All net proceeds from the sales will benefit six of the Bengals' longstanding community partners: The Boys & Girls Club, Freestore Foodbank, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Salvation Army, TriHealth's Good Samaritan Foundation and United Way of Greater Cincinnati. Fans can choose where their donation goes. Those watching on TV will also see these partners' logos featured on the seat coverings in the first seven rows of Paul Brown Stadium.

Season Ticket Members receive a discount and pay just $50 while the public can purchase a cutout for $75. To participate, visit bengals.com/cutouts. Cutouts will be placed in the end zone sections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NFL postponed Sunday’s game between the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers in Nashville to Monday or Tuesday after a coronavirus outbreak on the Titans. It is the first change to the league’s schedule during the 2020 season as it operates during the novel coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/09/30/titans-players-covid-outbreak/