Trade Market for Dalton Heating Up

COB

Could be.  Either way around, I wouldn't give Dalton away for a 4th or later.
Seriously ??  A 4th for a starter that has in fact gotten his team to the playoffs on more than a few occasions ??
Hate him all you like and believe the narrative the media likes to drive, but Dalton has always been at least solid.
I'm not selling the "elite" label on him and never would, but it's not he lost those playoff games all on his own.

The Bears second 2nd rounder is what I want.

Sounds like it's time to see what TDN would throw at us in that scenario...

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd take something over nothing.
However, I'm simply of the thought they get more than most think they will.
Would you rather a Teddy Bridgewater or Phillip Rivers ??  Sure, but what's that costing a team vs. Dalton's contract ??

I could be wrong.  It wouldn't be the first time nor the last.
That's for damn sure !!  lol...

• Like 1

The Bears might be able to swing a player for player trade for Dalton instead of only picks for player... 

For any team who wants Dalton, they have to roll the dice.  Is he going to cost more than 17 mil if he gets released?  If so, you want to make a trade for him.  I can see the FO releasing Dalton since he is essentially on a team option this year.  That would suck but seems just as likely as a team giving us a 2nd rounder.  No one is going to offer a Round 1 pick.  Just my prediction.

7 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

OK so anyone saying 17 million is too much for Dalton, the Titans just agreed to pay Tannehill damn near 30 million. Crazy...

It's too much for someone who's not a penciled-in #1 QB from day one on the roster.  I would hope the Bengals' don't pay half his salary and get nothing more than a 4th rounder or something of that ilk - if they don't, then whatever they get in return is fine IMO.

From what I’ve seen, and it’s been incomplete, once you blow away the smoke the Tannehill deal is like two years and $42 million, with a bunch of money he’ll never see larded onto the back end. So on a per year basis it’s not that much more than Dalton.

Looks like the Bears are back on Dalton. I suspect both Foles and Bridgewater are the more expensive options when they still don’t want to truly pull the plug on Trubitchkey.

Them hiring Lazor furthers my thoughts of a deal getting done. The Bears limited picks are probably holding up compensation offerings.

How about Leonard Floyd in trade ??
Before you simply scoff at that, consider the Bears have been reported to make him a cap casualty due to his 13 million salary for this year.
If instead of simply cutting him, you can get another starter quality QB without giving up picks.

Pipe dream, but I like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

It's just going to be so freaking hilarious to witness the hand wringing IF Dalton goes to the Patriots.   How will the national media cope with that?

It will be, “Dalton is an under appreciated gem.  Genius move by Belichick to recognize the degree to which Dalton has been held back by playing in Cincinnati.”

Fast forward eight and a half months, Andy barfs all over himself in a wild card game.