Bengals' [other] Needs

Stripes

Bengals needs  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What are the Bengals' biggest needs other than quarterback, linebacker, and offensive tackle?

• Running back
    • Wide receiver
    • Tight end
    • Interior offensive line
    • Interior defensive line
    • Defensive end
    • Safety
    • Corner
    • Special teams/other

42 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I just think it's too early to tell about Zac.  He inherited what was left of what Melvin created and didn't have the time he has had this year.
Everything from his coaching staff, to preparing for the draft, and the organizations approach to free agency this season.

I will give him Burrow and another couple of seasons to push this team forward before I start pointing fingers in his direction.
How many years was Melvin given ??  I'm not Zac's cheerleader, but i'd simply like to give him some time to build and manage his team.

If we are still picking in the top 3 in a few years, my thought process will more than likely shift.

Like I said, we’ll see. We appear to have gotten a new GM, or at least new behavior by the old GM, as far as FA is concerned, so that’s a positive. Hopefully that continues through the draft. But of course this just put the onus even more squarely on the coaches. It appears they will be denied nothing and so have no excuses. 

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Free agents are excited about money, which the Bengals have decided to actually spend this year.

They’ve been passed over plenty in the past when the money was close. That didn’t happen this time. 

Bengals have always offered and spent money.   

The beating out other bidders AND the ability to lose out on a target then move on to the next target is something we haven’t seen a whole lot of.   The closest would be the offseason of 2004. 

The Bengals spurned by Sapp quickly went out and acquired Bobbie Williams, traded for O’ Neal and got Reggie Kelly.   All highly drafted proven parts that were key pieces in the organization’s first division championship since 1990. 

Hopefully we’ll be sitting on a division championship in the same time frame.  Zac’s 3rd season. 

It’s a huge credit to ZT and Tobin for this offseason.  But that’s not the final job just a step. 

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Bengals have always offered and spent money.

Come on now.  

They’ve had their ups and downs.  I think their biggest failing was refusing to offer and spend money, and by that I mean in free agency.  And by that I mean instead of going out and finding a good veteran center in FA and paying him, they endure 8 years of Ghuichuic and Bodine, two of the worst centers in the league.  

They usually kept their low level players for way too long, when cutting them and finding a replacement/upgrade in FA was the smart thing to do.

I recognize their attempts to make a FA splash.  Lavernious. Cole and Antonio Bryant come to mind.  They usually got burnt.  But all the flops in the world don’t justify cheaping out and hanging onto your dregs or signing someone else’s (Bobby Hart).  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, membengal said:

I am completely the opposite on this.

Just look at all the mistakes he made. His constant unnecessary shuffling of the oline.. Playing Smith at LT. the benching of Dalton. Not understanding how to use Mixon. Having a trio of TE’s not featuring them when the Wr position was depleted. His play calling. I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting. I’m not sold on him at all. I prefer Brian Callahan. To be the HC.