General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

34 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/free-agent-g-trai-turner-seeking-2-3m-to-sign/

as long as he can still play at a starter level, 2-3M is C H E A P

he should be brought in for a medical check and a Pollack-run workout

Yeah I’d do that in a heartbeat assuming he’s healthy.

I hear you , TJ, but have you really thought through just HOW bad his PFF grade was last year? He's been sliding for a few years. Are we sure he's an upgrade on Spain/XSF at this point?

3 hours ago, membengal said:

I hear you , TJ, but have you really thought through just HOW bad his PFF grade was last year? He's been sliding for a few years. Are we sure he's an upgrade on Spain/XSF at this point?

thats why you bring him in for a medical checkup and Pollack workout rather than just handing him a sack of cash :-)

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

thats why you bring him in for a medical checkup and Pollack workout rather than just handing him a sack of cash :-)

Not sure he views himself as being at that point. 

Im not sure what the above means, honestly.......but basically all that is at risk is the price of plane fare and a meal or two. 

Pollack and the medical team are on salary

if those two checkups indicate he can be a decent or better starter, then the negotiations can begin.  I dont think he will be expensive

If on the other hand he no longer has what it takes, he simply takes his return flight home........nothing risked, nothing gained, no problem.......due diligence completed

if on the other hand you're saying he believes himself to be above such scrutiny.....well, no, after last year's body of work, he most certainly isn't.  a team would be foolish to give him a bag of cash purely on his word that he's good to go.  true of trai, and true of any player with a year like trai had in 2020

mem:  ok, so the guess I made in the last paragraph of my previous reply hit was correct.

yes, being a pro bowler at one time in the past does not make you immune to a tryout step if last year was a disaster......and it most certainly was

but yes, he may be stubbornly be clinging to his past identity, ignoring that 2020......happened.   the 34 PFF rated result is real.

hopefully  he'll come around, better sooner than later

the more OTAs and other training events he misses, no matter what team he signs with, the less valuable he becomes

Trent Taylor, punt returner from San Francisco.  Supposedly going to replace Erickson.  I’ll do a deep dive on this dude and get back to you all (google search his name, scan results for ten seconds, get distracted, forget about the whole thing, log back into bengalszone, read Trent Taylor’s name, think “never heard of him.”)

Quite a signing by Bellichick, will be so surprising if Redmond ends up contributing there.  

They supposedly are signing Brian Hoyer again.  And they already have Cam Newton, Mac Jones, and Jarrett Stidham.  They certainly treat quarterback depth a lot differently than the Bengals do.

Jeff Driskel and Ryan Finley are both on the Texans.

I wonder if we’ll hear J Joe style comparisons, extolling the virtues of the Texans org and backhanding our little backwater outfit here.  

Spoiler alert - we won’t.  The Texans are a shit show, and it seems as if we finally have our shit together, like guys actually want to play here.  

I heard Finley got like 2 million bucks to go down there, so their preacher/life coach/huckster GM must have liked something about him.  Good haul for Finley, happy for him.