General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

Slater handled Chase Young when pretty much no one else did

33 reps of 225 tells me he has power

side note: everywhere I am reading says his arms are 33, not 32.  Minor point, but still.

I do get what you're saying, but I dont think either of us will convince the other on this one, my draft head friend

there is a report that Golladay wants 18M+ per year

If I am the Bengals, I dont come remotely close to that for a receiver who played only 5 games last year

If I am the Bengals, I offer a 4 year contract with lots of performance incentives - ie, if you are active on game days and you perform as advertised, you then get the big cash - potentially even more than 18M

The guaranteed money absolutely has to be minimized as much as possible for a player with the recent injury history he has

and as I said earlier, the 1 year deal the Bengals originally offered has to be tossed, as it helps Golladay, not us

I think one year contracts are going to be attractive to a lot of players this year because the Cap Pool will be MUCH bigger next season so if you are confident in your ability to ball out this year you put yourself in a great place for next season to grab that cash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think one year contracts are going to be attractive to a lot of players this year because the Cap Pool will be MUCH bigger next season so if you are confident in your ability to ball out this year you put yourself in a great place for next season to grab that cash.

Yup. It’s also a good year for one-year deals from a Bengals perspective because their 2022 FA list is pretty underwhelming with the exception of Bates. So there are lots of options for extensions and even tags.

• Like 1

rbb: been missing you here in the zone, good to hear from you. 

I think I saw kingwilly too a couple of days ago, which is awesome....draftheads unite!

Im still firmly at GIMME A LINEMAN at pick 5 because we still dont have an answer at ORG at all and Reiff is only a 1 year rental deal

Hopefully we will see at least 1 and possibly 2 lineman signed. 

somewhat related note: Spain is still unsigned....

If Chase is there, he’s got to be the guy.  

What do they do now if Sewell is there?  Just pass on potential Munoz 2.0?  

If Workouts/combine, etc, show Sewell to be a Joe Thomas can’t miss type, we almost have to take him.  But it sure sounds like we won’t.  They already said Reiff and Williams are the starting tackles next year.  

What a conundrum.  A great conundrum though!

EDIT : Oral fucking Roberts?  You’ve got to be kidding me.

Reiff has already said he'll play any spot as needed

I think Williams needs to stay at OLT and continue to grow into that spot

In 2021, Sewell or Slater can play either ORG or ORT (with Reiff moving to ORG if thats the case)

In 2022 when Reiff exits (Reiffs deal is for 2021 only) and with a year of NFL experience under their belt, that player would imo be our starting ORT thereafter

44 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

rbb: been missing you here in the zone, good to hear from you. 

I think I saw kingwilly too a couple of days ago, which is awesome....draftheads unite!

Im still firmly at GIMME A LINEMAN at pick 5 because we still dont have an answer at ORG at all and Reiff is only a 1 year rental deal

Hopefully we will see at least 1 and possibly 2 lineman signed. 

somewhat related note: Spain is still unsigned....

I agree OL unless Miami takes our guy,  Chad or Pitts are good consolation prizes