General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

12 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Health and drop off of play is a concern.    On paper he'll be a huge upgrade on the edge in pass pro and protecting width of the pocket which doesn't appear in the PFF stats.

Even when Hart was not allowing pressures.    He was giving up ground and that's an important part to a QBs confidence.

However,  before FA.  Lap threw out an interesting comment regarding Williams.   Lap thinks Williams would be an excellent Center.    Kinda odd comment during the interview.    I would pump the breaks on any future ramifications on the impact Reiff has on drafting OL.

Reiff has been a LT for a long time so a comparison to Hart my not be apples to apples at this time.  He might be a LT here.

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

This is a big fucking deal. I feel so much better now.

Agreed.   But  holes remain.   I would like to see a couple more signings addressing need before draft.

Melvin Ingram is an interesting player still out there (at least I think).   Of course guard.  Then there's an offer out to a WR.

Opens up the draft to whichever of the three blue chip players fall to us.  If Sewell drops, fine...though I am betting he goes to Miami at #3.  If Chase is there, grab him.  If you want a massive impact year one get Pitts. Any of the three gets a A from me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

Both this and the fact that he has stated he'll played whatever position they want him to play (almost certainly ORT, especially given who got released right after the signing) are very, very important

Best signing of FA by the Bengals by far, imo

those who say FA is complete, tho.....no no no.  We still need a ORG.  Yes, I know we can get one in the draft but I do not want to start a rookie to protect Neew Guy, and I'd hope you wouldnt either

so I am not sure if it was stated in this thread.........

FUCKING BOBBY FUCKING SHITBAG PIECE OF CRAP FUCKING HART was released

Others in the media have stated that they wont celebrate someone losing their job.......but I certainly will in this particular case only

also Finley was released

I will always remember Finley as someone who got us a win over the Steelers at a time when we pretty much never could beat them

Now the weird thing here is that this means the Bengals will probably waste a draft pick on a developmental QB.  I pray they dont......too many other holes to fill

• Like 1

To properly complete FA:

1. retract the one year offer to Golladay and optionally replace it with a 4 year offer

2. sign a decent ORG

3. re-sign Huber and Daniels (Daniels would back up and rotate with Ogga-something.  I'll get the name right eventually)

4. sign a few backups on the cheap who can play special teams. One of these should be a TE.

5. Make a real decision about Geno.  The man is a Bengals legend.  Treat him right.

I think we should acquire the other pass-rushing DE we need in the draft with a day 2 pick. a rookie pass rusher can have success right away

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Larry Warford....still only 32 multiple time pro bowler, UK guy....sitting at home.  I think that is their play at ORG

Ive no objections to bringing him in and seeing how much rust (and weight) he has to shake off

which side did he last play on?

also why has none of the other 31 teams pulled him in during the last year and a half or so?  Suggests there are some real problems there, weight maintenance just being one likely candidate

4 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Jonah - XSF - Hopkins - Turner - Reiff

Just one piece to go.

Nah....

Jonah - XSF - Hopkins - Warford - Reiff  > Jonah - XSF - Hopkins - Turner - Reiff

Trai Turner was cut by the Chargers, one of the two teams with a worse graded oline than the Bengals.