General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Their best use of time right now would be nailing down Lawson and/orJackson. Those guys they can sign right now. The last thing we need (and we’ve seen it before) is for them to miss out on their top FA targets *and* bleed talent of their own.

I'd like to keep them both, I assure you.....but.....neither of them are passblocking OLs

Soooo...just looking at the general contours of FA here in the opening hours...

The floor for Lawson is about $14 million/year, or just a couple bills below the franchise tag. Probably more like $15 million per. If they aren't going to drop a big number on a top-tier OL (i.e. Thuney) then they may as well do that. They could of course do both and more but that would require pushing the hits into future years and we all know how that works inside PBS.

One alternative strategy may be looking at the WR market. There are a lot of good receivers out there and they aren't getting big bucks, so there's an opportunity to find a good, proven player. Would also mean no Chase or WR in round one, but that's not necessarily a negative.

Feels like Sewell in round one more and more today,hope he's still there. If not they're almost locking themselves into reaching for Slater. But we'll see if they manage to crack a FA OL.

Doesn't look like a particularly active or large DB market at the moment. Maybe they roll the dice and win on WJ3.

5 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Not too upset at missing on Thuney at that amount.   Zeitler was the biggest miss of the day, IMO. 

As always, I could live with it if I had confidence they will do anything worthwhile with the money they just “saved.” As is just another missed opportunity.

I N C O M P E T E N C E

I N D I F F E R E N C E

I N A C T I V I T Y

this triple I combination isnt going unnoticed by New Guy, currently rehabbing for what now looks to be an even more dangerous situation in 2021 than it was in 2020

If I am him, I start refusing to cooperate, refusing to play.  Period.   I have plenty of money from year 1 to live comfortably, and I dont need to put my life on the line for a team that wont protect me anymore

FUCK YOU JOKE TOBIN

7 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

As always, I could live with it if I had confidence they will do anything worthwhile with the money they just “saved.” As is just another missed opportunity.

That’s the key point.  Never really believed they would pay $$$ for a guard AND not sure Interior Line is worth mid tier QB cap hits. 

But you can’t ride and die with the Jordan’s of the world. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Linsley was my number 1 IOL target

the fact that the Chargers are spending their money on him instead of Trai Turner tells me that Turner should - for reasons unknown - be avoided

You can’t bemoan losing on the opportunity to sign Daryl Williams and completely write off Turner. 

I just doubt that move happens.  Similar circumstance and Williams has been high level for two years since injury.