General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

15 hours ago, volcom69 said:

For some reason I thought he was a DE guess he is a DT

He played both.   His last season here, I thought he was effective as DT rusher in regards to destroying pass protection schemes.     He can bull rush just about anybody.    He just can't shed and corner to get the sack most of the time.

Why put him on the trade block after demoting him, and decrease his value? How do they have anyone better at DE? Just more evidence Taylor is not equipped to handle the position he's in at this level.  This is one of, if not thee, toughest jobs in the NFL.   He has no history of success anywhere as a major contributor to anything.  He can't attract staff or have any leverage with the incompetent Brown family.  

I feel sorry for the vets who are good on this team, what a miserable situation to be in for the last 4-5 seasons.  Just awful, with no hope of  it getting better any time soon.  Burrow never looks happy, short answers,  trying to play the part.  It's sad.  Just fire Taylor and Turner already, and promote someone as interim.   The Jags suck and so do the Eagles, their only non-losses.  This team could lose to the Jets.  You can't just win 3 games out of the last 24 and say "oh we'll turn it around some day."  

I'm done with Taylor.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Some more insight here fwiw.

This situation is ridiculous.  One of the all-time franchise sack leaders and few talented DE's left, and they play these games with him.  He deserves better.  That they have Hunt ahead of him is stupid.  These coaches suck so hard.

4 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

You know maybe the Bengals did Carlos wrong, but what he is doing not any better. No need to air out this stupid crap, talk to the coaches behind close doors and get things settled. Whether or not he is here or not, no need to act like this he is a grown man! 

There are no good guys here, just a big pile of crap. If the 90s were about anything (aside from the the FO) it’s that the most important thing is finding 53 guys who want to be here. Time for a divorce.

5 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yeah.  Last year it was Glenn, this year it's Ross, Tate, Dunlap, Atkins....something isn't right in that locker room, and it's just going to get worse.

Yea nobody seems to want to play for this guy, maybe the rookies or the guys who are new, but nobody who has been here wants to be here. Whether that’s because Taylor sucks, or they all just miss Marvin and company I don’t know, but seems like guys just don’t want to be here. 

14 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yeah.  Last year it was Glenn, this year it's Ross, Tate, Dunlap, Atkins....something isn't right in that locker room, and it's just going to get worse.

Yup. We’ve seen the move “The Nineties” and now we get “The Nineties, Part Deux”. I just hope it takes less than a decade and change to fix.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:16 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Why put him on the trade block after demoting him, and decrease his value? How do they have anyone better at DE? Just more evidence Taylor is not equipped to handle the position he's in at this level.  This is one of, if not thee, toughest jobs in the NFL.   He has no history of success anywhere as a major contributor to anything.  He can't attract staff or have any leverage with the incompetent Brown family.  

I feel sorry for the vets who are good on this team, what a miserable situation to be in for the last 4-5 seasons.  Just awful, with no hope of  it getting better any time soon.  Burrow never looks happy, short answers,  trying to play the part.  It's sad.  Just fire Taylor and Turner already, and promote someone as interim.   The Jags suck and so do the Eagles, their only non-losses.  This team could lose to the Jets.  You can't just win 3 games out of the last 24 and say "oh we'll turn it around some day."  

I'm done with Taylor.  

Well said ...  I totally agree. I was just thinking. If this continues how long until Burrow wants out? I've never seen a team have so many players. That after a few years want out. It makes it hard to even be a fan of this team. 

'

8 hours ago, cincy9275 said:

Well said ...  I totally agree. I was just thinking. If this continues how long until Burrow wants out? I've never seen a team have so many players. That after a few years want out. It makes it hard to even be a fan of this team. 

Unless things turn around, I can see Burrow pulling another "polite Palmer' trade demand in the last season of his contract here.  Obviously that's several years away.  Any ways, hijacking thread here, so will shut up.

8 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Good signing I hope, he at least seems like an upgrade over what they have.

"Should" be an upgrade in PP, which is all I care about, just keep Burrow from getting annihilated, they've done better with that the last 2 weeks, but now everyone's injured, kind of a nightmare scenario for him,  I'm not even paying attention to the status of the injured players, as I just don't care that much,  tough to even think about where they're at right now.  They gotta start pulling Burrow out of games if they go south far enough.  Just do it when there are no fans in the stands, he's gotten some good reps this year already. :)

We could be in a great position to attract a top level DC.  With this quarterback, and this offense showing some real potential, the DC job is suddenly attractive.  Imagine Wade Phillips or Zim (should Minny lose hold of their senses and fire him).