Matt Miller: Yup, it's Burrow

membengal

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876125-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-bengals-set-on-joe-burrow-so-whats-next

The Cincinnati Bengals own the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft and have numerous strong options for how to use the selection, but sources connected to both college football and the NFL say the team has already decided who the pick will be.

LSU's Joe Burrow.

Over the last two weeks in various conversations with coaches at LSU, scouts, decision-makers across the NFL and agents who represent top quarterbacks, it has become quite clear that Burrow will be the selection.

• Like 1

I've said it for a while now. 

Just take Burrow and focus on what you do the rest of the draft.

This should be a no brainer, minus a LARGER package than 3 first rounders.
My argument against that situation is you could also have the Cleveland effect where all those 1st rounders = a pile of shit.

TAKE BURROW !!!

Most recent Ross Tucker pod is well worth a listen - he had Greg Cosell on and entire pod was discussion of Burrow, Tua and Herbert with some dalton talk as a bonus. Let’s just say after listening to that I am even more reticent about idea of trading back.

Listen to it - but upshot is that even if Tua were healthy he says Burrow is qb1 easily, the comp is peak Brady, and the flags he raises over Herbert make me itchy if god forbid we traded back and took him.
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, Stripes said:

Figured, couldn't recall for certain. Weak.

From a football perspective, absolutely. The Bengals have the first pick and they’ve settled on their guy. The sooner they get him signed and get a playbook in his hands, the better.

But from a $$$ perspective I get it. After the team signed Palmer, the team with the second pick started talking to prospects and again iirc that’s when the nfl shut things down, because the whole first round would be done before the draft. Which just points out that the draft event itself is manufactured buckraking, but hey, welcome to late stage capitalism.