Bengals take Burrow but .........

Scottishbengal

While we are here - add in this bit from ZT from that article on how they are handling the uncertainty and working on keeping everyone in the loop:

Taylor is also going to be Zooming into the offseason workouts. There won't be any right away. They were supposed to start April 20 but have been delayed indefinitely, yet Taylor is working on what amounts to a virtual reality installation of offense, defense and special teams.

"We want to be as creative as possible," said Taylor, who wants to hold off on divulging his plan until he gets more specific. "We want to do the best you can making the install like you would do it in front of the room with the players. No different than that. They are professionals, no question about it, but you want to make sure there is some entertainment and you engage them as much as you can. We've all been in a virtual classroom before and it's easy to stray a little bit. We just want to make sure these guys are engaged so when we install it, it really hits home."

Taylor would like to have his plan in place sooner rather than later, so he's prepping for a May 1 start to a virtual offseason. If it's delayed again, he'll at least have it.

Two observations about that:

1. If ZT wants to be hitting the ground running with virtual install by May 1 - I would continue to bet a sizeable amount of money they already are feeding Burrow huge chunks of the offense and install in their weekly 3-hour face to face meeting allotments of time.

2. Can you imagine if Marvin was still head coach? My god, there's a guy who did NOT process new things well. This would be crippling to him and his staffs. 

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Nah, Marvin did a ton in that regard.  Offseason program, facilities was his sweet spot.  

let’s not get crazy every school in America is doing virtual learning.  

Bullshit. Marvin and his staff took an entire half to figure out how to use the headsets when he took over for Austin as DC in his last year. The idea that Marvin would seamlessly embrace Zoom is laughable.

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Bullshit. Marvin and his staff took an entire half to figure out how to use the headsets when he took over for Austin as DC in his last year. The idea that Marvin would seamlessly embrace Zoom is laughable.

I don’t think we need to wave Pom Poms for ZT because he’s doing what every school and club sport is doing in America right now. 

Marvin introduced the Bengals to iPads and all sorts of other stuff  when it was cutting edge years ago.  I’m sure you could search the Hobson archives. 

Marvin couldn’t win a big game to save his life that’s were his short comings came. 

Moving on.....

Piss off. Marvin was YEARS late incorporating that kind of technology. He fucking sucked with new stuff. He had his way of doing things to the end. You can be his gimp, have at it.  Moving on.

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I really do want the Bengals to take Burrow, but must admit I've never seen the level of pole-smoking coming into the draft as we have with him.

I'll be happy when the pick is made and moving on to round two.

Yes, I fucked him.  So what?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wraith said:

On to the virtual draft....one side benefit to this since I am pretty sure Mike Brown cannot operate a computer, the likelihood that he meddles and screws up the draft is much reduced.

How dare you.  Mike has a 1988 Casio watch he’s been using for years.  He consults the manual every couple weeks.

17 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I really do want the Bengals to take Burrow, but must admit I've never seen the level of pole-smoking coming into the draft as we have with him.

I'll be happy when the pick is made and moving on to round two.

Look, if we want to be bitterly disappointed, we first have to build up impossible expectations. I’m just doing the legwork here. You’ll thank me later. :p

Again, the pole smoking comment wasn't geared towards anyone here.

It's geared towards all the analysts.  I will readily admit that maybe I haven't noticed it as much in recent years because we haven't had the #1 overall.
That being said, it's an endless barrage of how awesome Burrow is.  You know, there is a possibility he may not be the best QB from this class.
Having perspective and subjectivity isn't a bad thing.

AGAIN, I LOVE BURROW and want him to be in stripes just as much, if not more than most.  Well, except Mem and possibly COB who is apparently fucking him.
Love him all you want, fuck him all you want, and keep posting the clips and tweets.  I read them all.

I really am looking forward to who is going to be sitting there at the top of the 2nd round. 
In all honestly, i'm MORE intrigued with that pick due to the uncertainty and excitement.

GO GEAUX !?!?

• Like 1

I too have accepted Burrow is going to go to us R1P1

That statement may seem reluctant or unenthusiastic - not at all, I am hopeful we do have the next Manning (Peyton, not little bro) on our hands. 

But no sexual relations, thanks, not my type :-)  COB you can have the night that was reserved for me.......enjoy, ok?  Just dont ask him to clean your gutters afterwards

but I am with you, Army, pick 33 is where my mind is

While I wont damage any nearby electronics if it turns out to be a linebacker (as long as said linebacker has coverage skills) I really really really want an OL

If it is anything but a linebacker with coverage skills or a OL, all nearby electronic devices should stay out of my sight for several days.......this will be the new social distancing at Casa de la Jackson