Bengals take Burrow but .........

Scottishbengal

It's such a weak TE class, that I would rather them NOT take one early.
It can't be forgotten that this coaching group just spent a 2nd rounder on  Sample.  Regardless of my distaste for that move, the coaches still speak highly of him.
Uzomah is still a decent TE as well, so I wouldn't look for one before the 4th. 
I've mentioned it before, but give Burrow his best buddy from LSU in Thaddeus Moss in the later rounds.

On the official site there was a quote from Paul Brown I think...
Yep, here it is:
"You draft for need and don't let anybody tell you any differently,"

Interesting take from a football legend.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

One of the talking heads came up with 27 players with a first round grade this year.    I'll have to go look that up before draft day.   So it would be interesting to see if any of the "27" slide to 33 because teams are reaching for need picks.

Hopefully it's a future All PRO tackle. 

Most years someone unexpected falls. It took about a week for me to crank my jaw back up off the floor when Steinbach was there at 33 back in 2003.

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

It's such a weak TE class, that I would rather them NOT take one early.
It can't be forgotten that this coaching group just spent a 2nd rounder on  Sample.  Regardless of my distaste for that move, the coaches still speak highly of him.
Uzomah is still a decent TE as well, so I wouldn't look for one before the 4th. 
I've mentioned it before, but give Burrow his best buddy from LSU in Thaddeus Moss in the later rounds.

On the official site there was a quote from Paul Brown I think...
Yep, here it is:
"You draft for need and don't let anybody tell you any differently,"

Interesting take from a football legend.

I'm trying to put myself in the Bengals' position, the way they value WR's/TE's/RB's, and the pitiful depth at TE.  But yeah I'd love to see Moss or any other LSU WR, "after" drafting an o-lineman (or two) preferably.

6 minutes ago, COB said:

So pumped for tomorrow night.  I’m going to wear my Burrow (with a Bengals “B”) t-shirt, and make quite a rumpus when he’s selected.

Despite the Pandemic (which is starting to really, really suck), knowing it truly is the end of the Dalton era, is something to look forward to, finally.

I was just sitting here thinking about the impact that a #1 overall QB can make on a team and couldn’t help but think of this question...

I wonder what Billy would have to say about all of this ?? I have a feeling he would be all beside himself with joy and new boobs in his thread !!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

this should be tracked to the last pick in r1 as the Bengals might just trade up into the bottom of r1 to secure a blue chip OL or LB

Zero chance they trade up. But worth tracking to see who will be available at 33 and maybe worth someone trading up to 33 for , for tomorrow.

1 minute ago, membengal said:

Zero chance they trade up. But worth tracking to see who will be available at 33 and maybe worth someone trading up to 33 for , for tomorrow.

I believe they have something cooking with Dalton and NE.

I believe they will trade Dalton and #33 to NE for #23.  Looking a the way the draft is unfolding bad things are going to happen to alot of prospects the Bengals should be coveting from pick 20-32.

I think Tobin has shown a tendency to sit in the second round and snag a first rounder that dropped -- it seems to happen quite often for us. Their board is likely broad enough by position that nobody will enamor them so much that they feel the urge to trade up. Someone else they love just as much will still be there.

Could be wrong. I'll probably watch the entire round anyway. It's the only sports in town.