Bengals take Burrow but .........

Scottishbengal

Well, draft day is almost here and like everyone else I look forward to the Bengals taking Burrow.

I am also looking forward to the virus-induced cancellation of the season, followed rapidly by the collapse of the global economy and a worldwide descent into “Mad Max” style insanity that will prevent any pro football from being played for at least 20 years.

When the NFL Resumes around 2040, teams will need to be completely rebuilt, so we never get to see Burrow take a snap.

Also in 2040 Mike Brown is still running the team.

One good thing about this draft - after day 1 we get a nearly full day to peruse all the available candidates and express our preferences.  Other teams fan bases can only guess at who will be truly available (until they’re on the clock).  We’ll know for 21 hours or whatever.

At the risk of posting something fun and positive, for those herein who want to listen to something and discuss...

I need you all to do me a favor - run to this week's Hear That Podcast Growlin' (Dehner and Morrison's Pod - available on all the usual platforms) - just dropped today - it's all good but fast forward to the 38 minute 38 second part for Dehner's discussion with Brody Miller who covers LSU for the Athletic and listen to that 20 minute talk - just so I can discuss with you the Burrow story he dropped in there that he hasn't related anywhere before apparently. First I had heard it anyway and I have heard most Burrow nuggets in the last six months...story was 1. hilarious and 2. another pretty damn interesting window into what sets Burrow apart IMO...

• Thanks 1

Another podcast heads up, Goodberry and Jake landed ZT on the locked on pod - that episode just went up. They had Willie Anderson for yesterday's episode, and it was a great listen too, btw.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

At the risk of posting something fun and positive, for those herein who want to listen to something and discuss...

I need you all to do me a favor - run to this week's Hear That Podcast Growlin' (Dehner and Morrison's Pod - available on all the usual platforms) - just dropped today.

Worst podcast I’ve ever heard !!!

Seriously Mem, thanks for the heads up. Loved Miller’s take as he covers LSU. I’ve often mentioned Queen at #33 but don’t think he will be there. Maybe a trade up if he gets close and get the 5th year option along with that move ??

I also liked the discussion about other players Burrow would like to see the Bengals draft from LSU. Specifically Jefferson, who won’t get out of the first round and Thaddeus Moss who I mentioned as a great blocking TE.

I’m pretty excited about all of this !!

The closer I have gotten to the draft, the more excited I am to hear what I know will be Burrow's name called.
Glad that when I was wishing for the Bengals to lose all their games last year in utter disgust, that we will now see the payoff.
While the intent didn't have anything to do with drafting Burrow (I just wanted them to lose) i'm sure not about to complain with our consolation prize.

Someone calling about trading down from the top of the round ??  Absolutely, we would more than happy to entertain your offers.
Pick #33 happens first thing Friday evening.  Start putting your offers together now !!!

21 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

The closer I have gotten to the draft, the more excited I am to hear what I know will be Burrow's name called.
Glad that when I was wishing for the Bengals to lose all their games last year in utter disgust, that we will now see the payoff.
While the intent didn't have anything to do with drafting Burrow (I just wanted them to lose) i'm sure not about to complain with our consolation prize.

Someone calling about trading down from the top of the round ??  Absolutely, we would more than happy to entertain your offers.
Pick #33 happens first thing Friday evening.  Start putting your offers together now !!!

I guess for a trade at 33.  The best case would be a crazy drop of Tua to 33.  Or another QB. 

But if that happens, I’m thinking picks 30-32 are sold to the highest bidder before 33 is in play. 

So what player would you be willing to pass on at 33 that would bring the most trade down value? 

They would still need about everything except QB at that point. 

2 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I guess for a trade at 33.  The best case would be a crazy drop of Tua to 33.  Or another QB. 

But if that happens, I’m thinking picks 30-32 are sold to the highest bidder before 33 is in play. 

So what player would you be willing to pass on at 33 that would bring the most trade down value? 

They would still need about everything except QB at that point. 

It would just depend on who fell. 
I would rather them just take if either of my two guys are there in either Queen or Wilson.  Just take the roster improvement and move on.

What if a WR falls and the Broncos didn't address the position (like they say they will) in the first ??
I'd be good passing on any of the DE pass rushers at that point in a trade down.  I've seen Epenesa fall in some mocks.
Even the DT spot has some players that could fall that I would pass on as well.

So...Burrow, then a TE/G/WR/CB or LB in the 2nd I think, maybe an Edge guy if one falls.  Regardless, they'll be looking for 1st round grades over need based on Taylor's comments, or the usual combination of both.  

With a need at TE, am wondering how much they like Deguara out of UC - later bloomer who bulked-up and grew, but was under-utilized at UC much like Kelce was.  

One of the talking heads came up with 27 players with a first round grade this year.    I'll have to go look that up before draft day.   So it would be interesting to see if any of the "27" slide to 33 because teams are reaching for need picks.

Hopefully it's a future All PRO tackle.