2020 Offseason Roster Moves

HoosierCat

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Yeah I misread it. Seems like a dumb move getting of so much vet experience. then again that’s what the Bengals do in FA, use it to open even more holes on the roster.

I agree but I’ll wait and see what they do with the money. I would like Dennard back, but sounds as if he wants to move on. Either way if they are planning on spending this offseason sounds like CB is where they are going. Still hoping for a Guard, but seems like they might be “ok” with the o-line!

• Like 1

In regards to Dre and Dennard.     I wouldn't mind IF both were back, and the thoughts of getting rid of them pends on what they get to replace them.

Dennard's market wasn't great last year.  He sat for a while then took a small deal from the Bengals.  There was injury clouding the situation and pupped him for the first part of the season.  He did well in the role of slot CB but was never top tier. 

Dre - I've always thought nothing outstanding but not nearly as bad as he's bashed by fans.   Middle tier corners are going to get cap space spent on them.   If he was more of a ball hawk he would be worth his cap $$$, IMO.  

If we are going to try to replace them with a BW Webb caliber players then it's a mess.   They are going to have to go bigger than that.    Also Jackson will command top dollar as well.

• Like 1

Counter-point - Dre sucks relative to how much they pay him and cutting him gives them more money to plow back into the position. And Quez is fine, but is hurt a LOT and is a slot corner. I think they can upgrade both in FA - and if they do so, that's a very aggressive move that is not their normal M.O.

I don't really care about Dennard and/or Fitzpatrick leaving and agree with Mem regarding both.
IF they put the money into finding upgrades, that would be awesome.  The FA market isn't bad at the CB spot.
Someone tell the D-Coordinator to stop bringing in scrub players from his previous team please.

lol,  I caught Rodney Harrison on the radio this weekend giving his views on the Bengals.  Yeah.

Bascially Burrow doesn't want to be in Cincinnati.  But he realizes that it's not worth fighting so he's gone the opposite direction to make Cincinnati seem like an attractive place to play for his own benefit.   

Of course, its Burrow's demands that forcing the Bengals hands in keeping Green.   The Bengals really should just let Green go out to pasture and graze with Patriots for a late round pick.

I shit you not this was a good 10 minute segment from good ole Rodney.    Reminds me of the Green Bay homer that was saying basically the same thing.   Bengals should just give AJ Green away to the Packers.

These views are so far from reality.   First there was never any indication Burrow doesn't want to play here.  There has been rumored contact between Burrow's family and Zac via Nebraska alumni.  Second the Bengals have said since the trade deadline Green is going no where.   Third Mixon is actively recruiting for the Bengals via twitter.

Suck it haters.   Bengals will have Burrow, Green, and Mixon for next year and with good fortune a few years afterward. 

You can't predict everything that will happen, BUT that's a good foundation.   

• Like 1

I'd like to see them bring this guy in for a looksee, including a complete medical eval

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/3/10/21173267/cleveland-browns-release-christian-kirksey

he's not the coverage linebacker I am looking for, but an upgrade nonetheless if he is currently healthy enough to play -AND- we can sign him to a contract with a lot of performance incentives (to offset the substantial injury risk he represents)

23 hours ago, TJJackson said:

I'd like to see them bring this guy in for a looksee, including a complete medical eval

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/3/10/21173267/cleveland-browns-release-christian-kirksey

he's not the coverage linebacker I am looking for, but an upgrade nonetheless if he is currently healthy enough to play -AND- we can sign him to a contract with a lot of performance incentives (to offset the substantial injury risk he represents)

It appears the Bengals’ usual strategy of “sit on our hands” remains in effect.

S U P E R B O W L

ok, back to seriousness - this is a young player with good height for a corner, 4.35 speed, and was good enough to play for Alabama. Has some off-field baggage from college which is likely why he wasnt drafted, but as far as I know has stayed out of trouble since entering the NFL. So - young but has some experience (3rd year player), a lot of upside and probably a very team friendly "prove yourself" contract. Cant find anything to dislike in any of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Buh Bye Cordy.  I mean what else is there really to say ??
Hope that concussion heals up ??

Dude acted like he had the Coronavirus the whole time he was here, appropriate he gets cut loose during a pandemic.  Good riddance.