2020 Offseason Roster Moves

HoosierCat

10 minutes ago, COB said:

The Rookie Pool is not going to like some of this.  Exercise caution. 

I've been checking my back ever since I brought it up.

On my way out of work the other day, a couple of guys were joking about the rookie pool as they walked to their cars.
They haven't been seen since.  Only blood stains by their cars.  Sad and yet terrifying.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Injury pad pales in comparison to the “Rookie Pool”. While deadly in its own right, it simply can’t compete with the sheer terror that “Rookie Pool” conjures.

If I’m not heard from again on the boards, you will all know what happened.

Pray for me...

Ha! The injury pad and the rookie pool are mere childish spooks.

Wait until you must confront the true terror of DEAD MONEY.

(Coming in March. This picture has not yet been rated.)

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on how teams view him.

On one hand they say they will cut him. In that instance Glenn chooses where he goes next. On the other, his salary is very agreeable for a LT and a team may decide they want him knowing he may not choose them should he get cut. 

Change of scenery does help some players.
That being said, I agree that he’s a turd.

I would think a trade partner would want to eliminate any competition from other interested teams

There were the shopping Glenn rumors around trade deadline and it’s taking them time to cut him so there may be interest. 

He’s got a $2 mil roster bonus due March 22nd.   I would on to him until the last second. 

That’s the advantage of cap room. 

1 hour ago, COB said:

Kirkendall is kind of saying they’re getting rid of both, if I read his meaning correctly.  Drafting a corner in the top 3 rounds then?

Yeah I misread it. Seems like a dumb move getting of so much vet experience. then again that’s what the Bengals do in FA, use it to open even more holes on the roster.

NFL.com thinks the Bengals' will be "heavily involved" in FA.  I think it's mostly just speculation, but can see them spending on a CB and/or DT/DE (positions MB traditionally will spend guaranteed money on).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105068/article/bengals-expected-to-be-heavily-involved-in-free-agency?campaign=Twitter_atn

Interesting note in the article as well: 

"The Bengals pay to keep their own players but rank 30th in guaranteed money handed out over the past five years, which generally is used to secure talent in free agency."

Otherwise they're right in the middle of hte pack, even above average,  in over-all "spending."  (mostly due to big contracts on their star players that they hang onto forever).