Official Joe Burrow Thread

cincyhokie

3 hours ago, membengal said:

His mentions on that tweet are BRUTAL. Mine included. He's so bad. If he were still with this team, I would worry. Thank god he's not. And thank god that coaching room has almost completely turned over since he left two years ago - I think only Simmons remains. 

Just call it the Burrow-EFFECT!    Thanks to Burrow's crazy good college year; The Bengals find themselves a top of a QB draft class sparking league wide interest.  

My in-laws (from Indy) that might catch a Colts game here and there; "Colts going hard after that Burrow guy".     Look at all the Nebraska connections that we now know about.   Crazy Saints trade offers.   

Paul has been in this league so many years he's got plenty of 1st hand, 2nd hand, and 3rd hand sources and Senior Bowl is when the off-season gets going.

So yeah.  It doesn't shock me that football people are impressed with Chase Young and Herbert.  They always have been and for longer periods of time than they have with Joe Burrow.     Is it hard to believe a "Bengals"  source might see awesome football potential in Herbert or Chase?  Nope.   Not hard to believe Paul would have access to those thoughts either.  

Doesn't make Joe Burrow not the pick though.       I said this months ago.   QB movement drives offseason talk.   The veteran QB market will be loaded AND the QB college class is loaded.    Going to be fun off season for rumors/speculation etc.

Anybody with an association with Bengals, Nebraska, or LSU is in prime time to get more play for their thoughts vs. any other time. 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:07 PM, HoosierCat said:

That Burrow kid, he throws the ball pretty good...

https://sports.yahoo.com/quantifying-quarterbacks-lsu-qb-joe-170511761.html

Translation:  Burrow is accurate beyond anyone's comprehension since people have started this type of analysis. 

I hope Burrow shows at the combine.   I want to hear about "arm talent" evaluations.     That's a common knock on him, but I think it's false based off an old dated draft report.     Being that accurate isn't possible with just adequate arm talent.  

I also think he'll run pretty fast for a QB.  

• Like 1

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_e6ec8dc8-438d-11ea-995d-4378d0a329a2.html

Per the above, Burrow will be at LSU’s pro day April 3 and will throw. No word on the combine.

Also per the above, Burrow is “training for the upcoming NFL draft.” I assume this includes several hours daily of walking to a podium, putting on a hat, holding up a jersey and smiling for the camera.

The world is getting weirder.  

First, I read that Carson Palmer's jihad against the Bengals is still in full force.  He blasted them in an interview, said the Cardinals were all about winning, the Bengals weren’t even trying to win a Super Bowl.  His disdain for the Bengals seems limitless.  

Then an hour later I read that Joe Burrow has selected his QB tutor he’ll be working with in preparation for the draft.  The tutor?  Jordan Fucking Palmer.  Who the Bengals employed to please Carson, said employment constituting exhibit 1 as moves that were in no way meant to get us to a Super Bowl.  Now he’s complaining about it?

Having read & listened you Carson’s comments, I can’t for the life of me figure out what fans are bent out of shape about. Hell, at one point he defended them on the subject of talent when Dan Patrick said they didn’t have any.

imo anything that pushes the FO office to act like a real nfl franchise is a good thing.

Agreed, when I read it his comments rang true.  But his comments are also imbued with a heavy dose of “My career is a victim of the Bengsls.”  Also he may as well come right out and advise Burrow not to sign with us, because that’s exactly what he’s implying.  

• Like 1

I'm telling you that just assuming the Bengals' will go for Burrow - is still too early to call.  All Burrow has to do is keep saying things like this (below), and suddenly the Bengals' start liking Herbert more and more, may even drop down a spot or two, who knows.

It remains to be seen if Burrow is going to rub Taylor and MB the wrong way by not just taking "lip service" from them, that Taylor may feel Herbert fits his system better and that MB feels Herbert will be easier to sign and deal with.  You all should know by now the Bengals' like it cheep and easy, and have no real desire to be a Championship caliber org. 

Burrow knows the Bengal way, knows what he'd have to deal with here, and it'll be interesting to see if he becomes more difficult than normal in interviews with Bengals' coaches, or just does his nice guy professional routine and it's all nothing - it's just hard to say still.  But I'm not going to assume he's the guy yet (of course we all want it to be, but we can't assume that yet, Paul Alexander knows them also and what he said is not off the mark - I've been saying this for the last couple of months on here also).  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Having read & listened you Carson’s comments, I can’t for the life of me figure out what fans are bent out of shape about. Hell, at one point he defended them on the subject of talent when Dan Patrick said they didn’t have any.

imo anything that pushes the FO office to act like a real nfl franchise is a good thing.

Simple to understand.   The narrative always stops at the Bengals ruining a QB.    The FACTS show the Bengals did go to the playoffs 5 straight years after Carson.  It is also majority opinion that Palmer is a better QB than Dalton.     So the frustration comes in that nobody ever bothers to ask Carson about the possibility of him leaving behind his best chance at a Superbowl in Cincinnati.     That's one sided reporting.   It absolutely contradicts what Palmer is saying and he's never asked to reconcile it.

Me personally in these recent Burrow and Bengals stories it's annoying that nobody ever mentions "Hey they did get Andy Dalton to the playoffs 5 times" and Andy Dalton is ragged on the national media ALL the time.

So it's agenda based reporting vs. using logic. 

15 minutes ago, COB said:

Agreed, when I read it his comments rang true.  But his comments are also imbued with a heavy dose of “My career is a victim of the Bengsls.”  Also he may as well come right out and advise Burrow not to sign with us, because that’s exactly what he’s implying.  

Palmer is using the Mike Brown crutch.    It's that simple.     He never wants to admit that the Bengals were good after he left and nobody ever dares challenges him on it.

4 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Simple to understand.   The narrative always stops at the Bengals ruining a QB.    The FACTS show the Bengals did go to the playoffs 5 straight years after Carson.  It is also majority opinion that Palmer is a better QB than Dalton.     So the frustration comes in that nobody ever bothers to ask Carson about the possibility of him leaving behind his best chance at a Superbowl in Cincinnati.     That's one sided reporting.   It absolutely contradicts what Palmer is saying and he's never asked to reconcile it.

Me personally in these recent Burrow and Bengals stories it's annoying that nobody ever mentions "Hey they did get Andy Dalton to the playoffs 5 times" and Andy Dalton is ragged on the national media ALL the time.

They never won a single playoff game in all those years for a reason though.  It's just more compllicated than "bad luck,"  I'm never going to defend the Bengals' front office lack of effort or lack of desire to win, because it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Again, after actually listening to what he said, well, that’s not at all what he said. He didn’t play some Mike Brown card and he didn’t say the Bengals ruined him. And when Patrick tried to say the Bengals didn’t put any talent around him he flat our called BS on that, citing great receivers like Chad and TJ.

His point was that the Bengals don’t go 100 percent in to win, specifically citing FA. Which is absolutely true.

Now if you want to say the media is biased and ignores Dalton’s success, I agree. But that‘s a different conversation.

ETA this is a good write up of Carson’s comments imo.

2 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

They never won a single playoff game in all those years for a reason though.  It's just more compllicated than "bad luck,"  I'm never going to defend the Bengals' front office lack of effort or lack of desire to win, because it doesn't exist.

Kinda proves it's just agenda based vs. Logic.    Dalton played well below his regular season level in every playoff game he started for the Bengals.    Palmer couldn't have done better once in 4 tries?      It's considered defending a front office to ask him this? 

25 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Again, after actually listening to what he said, well, that’s not at all what he said. He didn’t play some Mike Brown card and he didn’t say the Bengals ruined him. And when Patrick tried to say the Bengals didn’t put any talent around him he flat our called BS on that, citing great receivers like Chad and TJ.

His point was that the Bengals don’t go 100 percent in to win, specifically citing FA. Which is absolutely true.

Now if you want to say the media is biased and ignores Dalton’s success, I agree. But that‘s a different conversation.

Would it really be too much trouble to ask so we can hear his response?    Carson,  you say the Bengals didn't go 100% for a Superbowl, yet they guy that replaced you went to the playoffs 5 straight years.   Could you have been the difference on those teams? 

I know what HIS POINT is and it's debatable and shouldn't be taken blindly as being true.    Carson in fact got the benefit of Free Agents while here AND elected to not move forward with playoff teams in which had big contributions from "Free Agents". 

It's a fair question.    Like it or not the BUCK always stops at the top and during those seasons they had awesome rosters. 

9 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Would it really be too much trouble to ask so we can hear his response?    Carson,  you say the Bengals didn't go 100% for a Superbowl, yet they guy that replaced you went to the playoffs 5 straight years.   Could you have been the difference on those teams? 

I know what HIS POINT is and it's debatable and shouldn't be taken blindly as being true.    Carson in fact got the benefit of Free Agents while here AND elected to not move forward with playoff teams in which had big contributions from "Free Agents". 

It's a fair question.    Like it or not the BUCK always stops at the top and during those seasons they had awesome rosters. 

Your complaint here is with the media, not Palmer. And I agree! It would be great if they quit falling back on lazy stereotypes about the team. In my book, Carson gets a plus mark for doing just that when Patrick denigrated their talent level. I wish more ex Bengals who are actually working in the media would do that too (looking at you Boomer and Collinsworth).

Palmer’s a little bitch.  Mike snatched his brother from the Arizona Rattlers, and put him on the Bengals roster for 3 seasons, the minimum time to qualify for, and become fully vested in, the NFL pension plan.  And this is the thanks he gets.  Fuck Palmer.  If you don’t have anything nice to say about a former employer who treated you that well, don’t say anything at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28607474/joe-burrow-wants-play-team-focused-winning

this disqualifies us

You are taking the quote out of context.

jesus. Sack the fuck up.

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Your complaint here is with the media, not Palmer. And I agree! It would be great if they quit falling back on lazy stereotypes about the team. In my book, Carson gets a plus mark for doing just that when Patrick denigrated their talent level. I wish more ex Bengals who are actually working in the media would do that too (looking at you Boomer and Collinsworth).

and Palmer.  He sucked in 2010 after getting improvements on a playoff team.

He sucked and deflected blame.  He’s never challenged on it because Mike Brown ran the team in the ground during the 90s. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and Palmer with those teams is better than Dalton with those teams.  Maybe.  That’s assuming he gets out of his funk.