Burrow Bowl I: Bengals @ Dolphins Game Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

Let's just take a moment to acknowledge that the [literal] most miraculous late-game comeback in Bengals history occurred in a game that we all wanted to lose.

It was the most bengals thing ever.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

I know they CAN win next week while maintaining their draft status, but I want them to lose for the continued embarassment to the Front Office

they did achieve 1 new low for the franchise today - first season ever without a road win

so theres that

No, they’ve actually done it 3 other times. I know, right?

1 hour ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The mini-Mike on the left reminds you that there is no hope.  An exact, genetic replica of his father,  just younger.   Possibly a clone.

Also reminds me of Otis:

tumblr_o6jcfkvWCQ1tn0fi8o2_400.gif

Mike buys his son those jackets a little large on purpose.  You just know these youngsters will grow into them!  Plus, if they’re a tad large they wear a little better.  Important when you plan on having a sports coat for 45 years or so.

• Like 2

I've been calling repeatedly for us to get our Johnson out on the field (I suppose I could have said that better) and finally, this game, we did

Fred Johnson

62 snaps

84.5 PFF grade

This, my friends, is either our new ORT (my preference) or (at worst) our new swing tackle

I want to see this guy at ORT vs Cleveland, Hart can play ORG (Im pretty close to done with Price, despite being happy when we drafted him)

This season has sucked massively but at least there are silver linings like these

Oh, and Cordy?  Yeah, you can eat your lunch a LOT further away from the team next year.......ie not in a remote corner of our facility like this year, but in someone else's facility, or at home

Buh Bye

I just realized (remembered?) that Cordy and Price are tied together

Two disasters for the price (no pun intended) of one

We had a much higher pick in r1, traded it to Buffalo for their much lower pick plus Cordy.  That lower pick yielded Price

Maybe thats the key. 

Never take 2 OL at a time in day 1 and 2, to avoid Cordy+Price and Oogie+Fisher

It’s just harder to find linemen that will make an impact their 1st or 2nd year’s.  

Colts o-line is a perfect example.   They had two first rounders struggle so bad it led to a premature retirement of Luck.  They got an instant impact player in Nelson and now the Colt’s oline is among the top.

Price and Jordan suck balls today, but I wouldn’t write them off just yet. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The mini-Mike on the left reminds you that there is no hope.  An exact, genetic replica of his father,  just younger.   Possibly a clone.

Also reminds me of Otis:

tumblr_o6jcfkvWCQ1tn0fi8o2_400.gif

Reeks of Complacency.   Nobody would ever listen to those tards looking that way if they didn’t have a billion dollar asset. 

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Reeks of Complacency.   Nobody would ever listen to those tards looking that way if they didn’t have a billion dollar asset. 

Exactly what I thought.  The look that basically conveys, “I don’t give a fuck.”  That brain trust is up against dynamic, well-staffed, very motivated organizations.  

To a certain degree, it’s hopeless.