Dalton Unbenched

HoosierCat

2 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Okay then.  Why not Dolegala?

Dead Cat Bounce now inevitable.  Whatever, idiots.

I'd be fine with Dalton playing in Week 17 as a proper send-off, but this is pointless.

At a guess, there are a couple possibilities:

1. Taylor really is on the hot seat. He needs some wins to save his and his staff’s jobs (or at least some of them). 

2. Locker room revolt. This is after all, much more Dalton’s team than Taylor’s. And the D has played well enough to win the last two weeks, the run game has picked up...and Finley was bad.

Yea I’m sure the locker room was never the same after he made the change in the first place.

As far as I’m concerned his ass should be on fire to make changes to the staff to win! They have no plans each week we have no clue what they were even thinking. I was excited for a change with this guy, now I’ll be excited if half of them are gone! 

There is talent on this team, they need new OL and LB for sure, but there is talent here. For Taylor to not win 1 game so far to me is just crazy, and is why I question him and this coaching staff. I’m no football expert just a fan, but can’t win a football game at this point is just crazy!

20 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

this pretty much upends any theories that putting in Finley was truly an attempt to tank....if they were truly committed to the tank, Dalton would remain on the bench

sadly, they still want to win, and I am on my knees praying they get none of that for this season and beyond until the light bulb finally comes on

The front office is just the fucking worst. The. worst.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, membengal said:

The front office is just the fucking worst. The. worst.

True, but it’s completely in character for them to finally care about winning right at the point when winning would be stupid and counterproductive.

Even when they do the right thing, it’s the wrong thing.

• Thanks 2

This is the ultimate Mike Brown move.  Could have played Andy yesterday and probably beaten the Steelers.  But in keeping with the tradition of making sure he does every last little thing wrong, Mike lets us lose with Finley, then brings Andy back for some garbage time wins no one cares about.  PLEASE LOSE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy crap, watching Lamar Jackson torch the Rams.  Dude is unreal.  Too bad we picked Billy Price like 10 picks ahead of this dude.  What could have been!

Mike’s slavish devotion to Andy cost us on that one.  Then again, the previous draft when we picked John Ross when we could have had Mahomes or Deshaun Watson, well, I just try not to think about that very often.

• Like 1

Eh, every team passes on players they wished they’d taken. That’s not the problem. The problem is that the guys they do take are bad. If the draft is all you are going to use to build a team, you need to invest in scouting. They don’t do that. So here we are.