Jets @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

After watching some highlights,  I’m not sure Dalton or Zac is the answer to anything related to going to the Super Bowl.

CLEARLY an upgrade.  Clearly a starter.   Zac I dunno but congrats on the win.  However against the Jets a team that was hot coming in but beat by the 3rd qtr they still can’t get 26 points?  Even with 2 from the defense?  

I think that is concerning for the future.  

There should have had 26 but a Eifert dropped TD and they had to settle for a FG. Uzomah also had a horrible drop of an easy TD but Mixon got in (in part due to a great block by CJ) the next play.

Of course, would have been 29 if Fat Randy was worth crap.

That's what happens when you form an opinion from listening part time on the radio and TV a then highlights.      Definitely need an upgrade to Fat Randy.

It just seems like a struggle since Hue left for this offense to get 3 legit offensive TDs in a game.        Dalton is a clear mid tier-high tier starter in this league.    You can do way worse and there will be trade value for him if it goes that way.

However,  it just seems the further the pattern goes and the deeper the throws, he has to rely on big catch radius from his targets.   There is also a severe lack of separation and speed without Ross and Green in the WR core.     

I like Boyd certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if finishes his contract out, but I think Tate is a better version.   To me you try to trade Boyd.   They really need to add some speed to the potential 2nd and 3rd WR spot assuming you retain Green.  

If they don't retain Green you almost have to go WR early in the draft.   If Green is damaged goods then that's a problem too.  

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

That's what happens when you form an opinion from listening part time on the radio and TV a then highlights.      Definitely need an upgrade to Fat Randy.

It just seems like a struggle since Hue left for this offense to get 3 legit offensive TDs in a game.        Dalton is a clear mid tier-high tier starter in this league.    You can do way worse and there will be trade value for him if it goes that way.

However,  it just seems the further the pattern goes and the deeper the throws, he has to rely on big catch radius from his targets.   There is also a severe lack of separation and speed without Ross and Green in the WR core.     

I like Boyd certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if finishes his contract out, but I think Tate is a better version.   To me you try to trade Boyd.   They really need to add some speed to the potential 2nd and 3rd WR spot assuming you retain Green.  

If they don't retain Green you almost have to go WR early in the draft.   If Green is damaged goods then that's a problem too.  

All true. The degree to which this offense goes south the minute they don’t have Green is frankly ridiculous. The emergence of Tate (one of the year’s few bright spots) has helped. He doesn’t have AJ’s speed but otherwise is a reasonable facsimile. I am not particularly anxious to trade Boyd because I want the depth, especially with Eifert not being as much a contributor anymore (I don’t know if that’s scheme or playcalling or something about him and all his injuries or what).

One other thing that is clear from the last few weeks is how critical it is to get Mixon involved. Even when they struggle to run, get him involved in the passing game. 

I am theoretically down with the idea of letting AJ go and drafting a new No. 1 WR, especially if we are planning to move on at QB. But practically speaking that could take a couple years. If we had some more picks from, say, trading guys earlier this season or something...but of course we don’t, so...