Steelers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I DO want that 0-16 on Mike Brown's record, maybe that will finally break him some.

I see this as the most important thing rather than the early 2020 draft picks each round

If this organization doesnt come to the realization that the Mike Brown way of doing things isnt working, we will not see real success

6 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

can we trust a one year wonder with overall pick1?

Akili Smith was a one year wonder

I’m not getting the Smith comp. Burrow has way more experience at the top level than Akili ever did. That said, I have no idea if he’s the real deal or not. But he’s probably better than anyone on the roster right now.

• Like 1

Akili has admitted he partied his ass off while here and didn’t put in the necessary work.  

Hopefully that was responsible for his difficulties and not his single year of starting college ball.  Because if we draft Burrow and he flames like Akili, well, I just don’t know what that would do to us.

17 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Whoever they pick is probably doomed anyhow. I have yet to see any evidence that Taylor & Co. have a clue what they’re doing. And the FO is, as always, hopeless. I fully expect Green to leave, along with anyone else who can escape. 

Yea I feel the same way, it’s such a sad state we are in right now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

I didnt watch most of the game - how did Cordy do?

I see a lot of negative comments in articles and such about all the other linemen not named Hopkins, so is it fair to assume he actually did ok?

Sorry, I was on the road all afternoon and was only listening, but I don’t recall Lap calling out any oline guys except Hart a couple times because he sucks. He’s usually pretty keyed in on the oline for obvious reasons, so I would guess a Glenn did ok.

The one comment that did pop out during the broadcast came after one of the Steeler RBs rippled off a big run on one side and Lap tore into the D for not just failing to set the edge but failing to end put a guy there. “The Bengals lined up wrong,” he said. “If you can’t even line up right, you’re not going to win a damn snap.” The “damn” caught my ear, first time I’ve ever heard even a mild curse word slip out from him during a broadcast. He was clearly pissed. I can only hope someone in the FO is, too, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Back in the day when I couldn’t miss a game I used to sync up Lap with the TV.

That really is the best experience in my opinion.

Lap and Hoard aren’t 100% accurate all the time but very insightful.

The last month, I haven’t watched or caught it on games cast.   Just better things to do with my Sundays. 

Maybe one day I’ll get season tickets again, but I doubt it.    

So if Lap didn’t go off on Glen or if he doesn’t go off on him today during Bengals line, he probably played alright.

Back when I used to watch all 22 the day after Lap’s comment would sync up to my thoughts after watching. 

Well that's a wonderful grade fore Glenn.

It's an over simplification to just say BUILD the line.     If we are ALL honest and IF the draft experts are ALL honest.      Using 3 first round picks, 1 2nd round pick, 2 4th round picks to add   Glenn, Williams, Price, Jordan, Cedric, Fisher   ON PAPER would be an excellent start to building a line.   I remember the years those guys were drafted and those players weren't wild reaches and they were generally selected as thought except Fisher was considered a first round talent. 

Reality is that is the biggest pile of crap.      Just something to keep in mind this offseason when the QB debate will reach epic status.